iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Boogard-Belak bout, the Wild need some goals, when will Gabby be back?

I wish I could have seen the entire Blackhawks-Red Wings tilt, looked like a heck of a game, Jonathan Toewes had some dazzling goals.

Worried about the Markov leaving after getting a puck in the face, with Komisarek out, there's no way we can lose him for an extended amount of time.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 100% for fighting in hockey....good, clean fights. It would ruin the game without it. They already made hockey too weak by not allowing more physical play.

I scored some sick tickets for MSG tonight. Right on the redline, near the Ranger's bench. We'll see what team shows up.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'srocked man, I feel for you. Amazing tickets and a tough home loss. You must be real let down. Kiprosof made some insane saves. Our respective teams are so up and down aren't they?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80'srocked man, I feel for you. Amazing tickets and a tough home loss. You must be real let down. Kiprosof made some insane saves. Our respective teams are so up and down aren't they?

You know what Rip, this is really starting to pi$$ me off. I am starting to think it may be time for a coaching change. Renney is always screaming about playing a defensive style lately, but with this defense, how can that work? They always play better with the wide open style anyway. Another short handed goal tonight....number 8 on the year. Kalinin was his usual self with a -2, making him a -15 for the season. They now have given up 13 goals in the last 3 games and scored a total of 2. This is getting rough to watch. It was still great having seats like this tonight. I have never been so close to the action at the Garden before. They were $500 seats that I got at an incredible discount. Was still a fun night in NYC.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Don't want to get your hopes up but Mats Sundin says he is fianlly going to decide mid-December which team he will play for.(Haven't we heard that one before?)The Rangers are one of the teams mentioned, can you believe that the Canucks are still offering 10 million?

So do you think the Rangers need a mre offensive defenseman? Thinking back to the glory days of Brian Leetch and Sergei Zubov.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I will still be shocked if Sundin comes here.

quote:
So do you think the Rangers need a more offensive defenseman? Thinking back to the glory days of Brian Leetch and Sergei Zubov.

How about a defensive defenseman? I'll take that first. Kalinin and Rozsival have been terrible defensively. They just called up the rookie, Potter. He didn't show too much last night. Girardi and Staal are not bad. Mara is OK....at least he will take the body. Redden?

I was ticked when they let Zubov go years ago. He was outstanding for the Ranger's. Rozsival and Redden are supposed to be the more offensive defensemen....they each have 2 goals. Staal is the only one without a minus rating. He is a 3. Rozsival is -10. Kalinin is -15. Can't win consistently like that. Poor Henrik bailed their a$$es out enough. We'd be a 500 team without Lunqvist. I am getting aggravated with this group and it starts with Renney. Let them play wide open for a while and let's see what happens. It will at least help with the scoring. This defensive crap style won't cut it with a team that is playing shotty defense. Run and Gun!

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buffalogirl, Looks like there was a stampede here last night over my Pens! Yowza, they gave that game away.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marian Gaborik returned to practice today for the first time since his October 15 injury. No timetable when he'll return to playing. This has got to be good news for the Wild; either they'll get that boost to their weak offense or they can finally trade him away and meybe give their team more depth.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
One of the better games the Habs played this season. Lang, Tanguay and Kovalev were dangerous all night. When Kovie wants to he can be the most dominant player on the ice.

80'srocked, I agree about the run and gun style. Drury and Gomez can put up more points than they have been.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
buffalogirl, Looks like there was a stampede here last night over my Pens! Yowza, they gave that game away.

we'll be seeing you guys tonight my friend. hopefully with a better result than we had the last time.

and 80's rocked, don't worry about your teams current lack of success(which i love), the cure all for that is a game against the devils. so things should start to turn around for you this friday.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah great game pittsburgh girl!!! ryan miller was excellent as goalie too!!! i am biased though he is my very favorite on the team and i also think he is hot!!! and yes i will be watching tonight for sure!!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
took care of the pens last night. strong game overall from the devils.

now we just need to get over the hump that is beating the rags. hopefully clemmenson still has a few of these good games in him. we'll see friday night.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did you see Gomez and Kovalchuk sparring last night? What was that all about? Impressive win by the Devils. Might be a blessing in disguise as they get to evaluate what a post-Brodeur goalie situation will be like.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow great game the other night with tampa we won 4-3 we have won three in a row now hopefully we can keep it going? i know we play montreal tonight and the devils saturday night!!! go sabres!! lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Penguins destroyed the Islanders last night, and then some.

I can't figure out the Habs, how do you beat Detroit, Calgary, the Rangers and you lose to the Lightning? Can someone explain that one to me please?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I can't figure out the Habs, how do you beat Detroit, Calgary, the Rangers and you lose to the Lightning? Can someone explain that one to me please?

Welcome to my world Rip....

xchazx, let me have it. It's been awhile....so I'll let you unload.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Riptide:
I can't figure out the Habs, how do you beat Detroit, Calgary, the Rangers and you lose to the Lightning? Can someone explain that one to me please? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Welcome to my world Rip....

xchazx, let me have it. It's been awhile....so I'll let you unload.

i have nothing left to unload.

although i'll gladly take the win, i'd like to get a couple more of these before i get too ****y. one regulation win in almost two years isn't the time to start bragging.

this had to be the craziest game all year in the nhl. this game just wore me out. i don't know where to begin. bad officiating, fights, hits, goal scoring, getting big leads, losing big leads. this game had it all. i was emotionally drained at the end.

i just hope we have something left for BUF tomorrow. i can see the devils having a big letdown tomorrow night.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I bet it scared the crap out of you when the Rangers tied it 5-5. Of course, I knew that our crappy defense would give up more goals. What a complete embarassment this defense is. Lunqvist is left hung out to dry every game. 2 More shorthanded goals!!!!! 10 on the year....leads the NHL. Maybe they are trying to break the record. xchazx, you guys are on a bit of a roll right now and you have played 5 less games than us. I am worried now.

[ 13. December 2008, 13:08: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
i don't know your devils may win tonight? we lost again last night to montreal 2-1 we won 3 games in a row until last night? i will be watching it though of course as i am a die hard fan of ryan's lol dee
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hell no, can't stand the Flyers.

Amen to that Riptide! Especially as I sit here posting while the Flyers are beating my Penguins 6-3.
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
LS, you down with the Pens too? Didn't know that.

I can't believe how crazy that Rangers-Devils game was last night, with that game and the Hurricanes-Flyers game earlier this week it was some real firewagon-ne lead is safe hockey. Never would have seen that in the trap era.

The news gets worse for the Habs, Higgins gone 4-6 weeks, Koivu has a leg injury, Price has the flu, and tonight we go up against Ovechkin and the Caps who torched the Senators last night. Merde.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wild need to find out how to score again. They've lost the last four games and have only scored three goals over that stretch. Thank goodness that Backstrom has still been tough in the net and the D has been their usual tight selves as they've only given up a total of nine goals over that four game stretch. Right now they need somebody to step up and take charge or just score on some fluke goal and hopefully that will break up this offensive slide.

Right now as of Saturday December 13 2008 at 7:52PM CST my pick for the Stanley Cup Finals is the San Jose Sharks vs the Boston Bruins. Both teams are looking pretty unbeatable at the moment. Both are scoring and neither give up many goals.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Oh brother, I can't believe we lost that game. All the chances in the 3rd.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I was unable to get the Habs game tonight since I don't get the NHL Network. Who was that goalie for Washington tonight? Saw the stats and I've never heard of him.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
It was a rookie goalie with the last name Kharlamov, he's played like 14 professional games. He played well but so did Halak. Did the Wild play tonight?
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home