iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't see, but heard of the Satan gosl. Apparently it was some crazy hand-eye coordination feat. The kind where you would practice it for ages in practice and not be able to duplicate it.

Anyone see that hit put on the Leafs Jason Blake by the Bruins? The guy sent him over the boards into the Boston bench.

Habs-Blue Jackjets 1-1 tie thus far. Wouldn't you know it, Umberger picking up where he left off in the playoffs by getting the first goal.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bummer, The Habs tie the game with 40 seconds left and get to the shootout and lose to Columbus! I realise Halak doesn't play much, but he didn't look too great on some of those goals. You have to have Kovalev and Koivu as your first two shooters. The schedule has been screwy of late, a 6 day gap between games didn't help. I just hope they can take it to those pesky Leafs tomorrow night. Leafs-Habs is like Devils-Rangers in these parts. They hate us and we hate them.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That should be a great game Ripper. I think your team will be alright....they did steal that point!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Habs are down 1-0 and not playing too well, too many dumb penalties, they are lucky to be down only one considering all the time they were on the PK. I actually hope they lose tonight, they need a wakeup call, too much half-a#$ed play, and squeaking by with points they barely deserve. I'm thinking about skipping the rest of the game and going to see this band I like at a club.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW is all I have to say about Roberto Luongo. The Canuck netminder just pitched his 5th shutout of the young season and 3rd in a row with a 2-0 victory over my Minnesota Wild.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caps owned the Rangers last night....they just don't lose at home.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Devils have eight players out tonight due to injury: Goaltender Martin Brodeur (torn left biceps tendon), center/right wing Brian Rolston (high right ankle sprain), center Bobby Holik (broken right pinky), defenseman Paul Martin (upper body), defenseman Andy Greene (broken right hand), right wing Brian Gionta (soreness head and shoulder), defenseman Bryce Salvador (left foot) and left wing Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (cracked orbital bone).

and we have clemmenson in goal.

thankfully the giants are on tonight so i won't have to watch this debacle.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did you see that goal Hemsky scored against the Devils? Incredible dekes. Madden could have tied it up, but the Oilers squeaked by.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80'sRocked, I meant to ask you this a while ago. What the heck has happened to Peter Prucha? I remember when he scored 30 goals as a rookir, then 22 the next year, and the past few years he's been declining so much. I thought this guy was a future star.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80'sRocked, I meant to ask you this a while ago. What the heck has happened to Peter Prucha? I remember when he scored 30 goals as a rookir, then 22 the next year, and the past few years he's been declining so much. I thought this guy was a future star.

So did I after that rookie season.

Who the heck knows? This year, he hasn't been playing much. There have been tons of rumors that they are trying to move him. I must say though, when he is playing that night....he gives 100% all the time. It's not from his lack of effort.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
With the exception of Zherdev and Lundqvist, I'm noticing the Rangers aren't having much luck with Europeans such as Jagr, Nedved, even Marcel Hossa, and the untimely and tragic death oftheir draft pick in Russia not long ago.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah Ripper....Jagr had that one big year with 54 goals in 05-06, but alot of Euro's struggle here. I don't know if it's the pressure of NY or what. They sure have the talent and skills.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Very well could be. NY has a pressure cooker atmosphere, it must have been bad for Jagr to leave. So looks like Kevdugup's Oilers found a way to win in the SO. I see Drury got his 6th, I'm hoping he has a good year since he's in my pool. Would love to see hime get above his career high 37 goals and 93 points he had in Buffalo.

I watched the Capitals-Lightning game tonight. Theodore isn't even playing in nets, it's Johnson and he's doing good. The Caps scoring seems to be more concentrated this year, Ovechkin doesn't seem as dominant, but was relieved to see him get his 3rd goal near the end of the game.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry about Ovechkin he'll be up around 50+ goals before the season is over. Don't have him in any of my leagues since I didn't have an early enough draft pick to even have the chance of drafting him. But I am trying to swing a trade for him in a couple of my leagues hoping that his owner is one of those that panics too early in the season and will trade a slow-starting superstar for somebody off to a fast start.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Congrats on this one Kevdug....great game though. At least we got a point after being down 2-0.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

High scoring game at The Joe tonight. A rematch of last years Stanley Cup participants Pittsburgh vs Detroit. Detroit had two goal leads on quite a few occasions but let the Penguins sneak in there and take the game to overtime in which the Penguins pulled off a big victory on the road coming away with a 7-6 victory. Jordan Staal was the BMOC as he netted a hat trick in the third period and getting a helper on the game winner.

Best part is I benched Penguins goalie Marc Andre Fleury on my fantasy league tonight. Granted he would have picked up a W for me but his Goals Against Average and Save Percentage would have been a killer.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That Pens-Wings game was nuts! I couldn't get this game on TV which was a downer. Sid had a decent game.

Habs looked better tonight in the Sens-Habs game. Glad they kicked Rutuu out of the game. Couldn't stand him when he was was the Pens. Price had a solid game. I think EJ's Avs play the Canucks tomorrow, will Luongo's shutout streak continue?

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A period to go and Luongo's shutout streak continues, we'll see if he can hold on....
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Luongo's streak ended early in the third period as Stastny was able to put one behind him. But other than that he was lights out through overtime as Budaj was matching him save for save with him only giving up a penalty shot to Pyatt. Avs win the shootout 2-1 and the game 2-1.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A real goalie's duel, some sensational saves. Budaj on one of the Sedin twins has to be seen to be believed.

Looks like Rangers took care of the Devils 5-2.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Looks like Rangers took care of the Devils 5-2.

I was waiting for someone else to mention it before I commented. I don't want to make my buddy xchazx more miserable than it seems he already is with his team.

Good win however....I must say. Rangers owned the second period. Zherdev with 2 goals was great. Some fisticuffs as well, always makes for an enjoyable watch.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this season is already in the sh***er. there are too many holes on this team to overcome, especially with the injuries. weekes proved why he is a good backup and not a regular, and i'm not even including the two 5 on 3 goals he gave up.

i'm not even asking for wins right now, just be competitive. that 2nd period was a disgrace.

other than rolston, parise, martin, and broduer, this whole team can get shipped out. let's start over.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Budaj finally has a good game and I miss it. Hockey is not a big thing here where I am at right now. I had to catch smalls clips of it on the net. Maybe I should just not watch, I think they do better that way.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

You have my permission to watch when they play the Wild [Big Grin]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Something tells me it's going to get chippy tonight when the Habs face Boston. The suspended Kostopolous we could use tonight, he tends to play well against the Bruins.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home