iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Something tells me it's going to get chippy tonight when the Habs face Boston. The suspended Kostopolous we could use tonight, he tends to play well against the Bruins.

You can count on that for sure Ripper. Habs/Bruins is always a train wreck waiting to happen. Sit back, and enjoy the show!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruins put a thumping on the Habs tonight. The Habs are really really good in about 80-85% of their games but when they're bad they're really bad.

Another nice game for the Wild tonight and a shutout for Bakstrom with a 4-0 whitewashing of the Coyotes. Zidlicky finally showed promise of the money he signed for in the offseason.

A team that's starting to show some promise is the LA Kings. Some good young talent there who I feel could use the stabilizing force of a veteran netminder. Khabibulin perhaps? They have some good young offensive talent that looks like they're starting to grasp the concept of defense. Probably not a playoff team this season as the west is pretty loaded but a team to keep your eye on for the future.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god, a train wreck is right. Habs have some Jekyl and Hyde thing going this year, Sam you nailed it. At times during the game I could barely believe what I was seeing, not skating, sloppy defensive play, no heart , no passion. How can you not get up for this great rivalry? Milan Lucic had another great game, he flattened Kovalev and pounded Komisarek in a fight, scored a goal, a wrecking crew. Laraque was a non-factor. I don't know what to say, maybe there's some good bars in Boston. That kind of soft play is not going to fly when Philly comes to town Saturday.

Toronto won another one, Grabovski has 8 goals now! He was included as a throwaway for the Habs to negotiate with Sundin fer pete's sake. Might come back to haunt the team like giving up on Ribeiro.

The Penguins are impressing me with the way they are coming back and winning against some good teams.

LA has had some good young players for a while like Kopitar and Dustin Brown, we really don't get to see them much, but they are due to at least make the playoffs again. Phoenix has some good young players too.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW here's a picture of my mousepad

-

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stellar mousepad Sam. Looking fierce!

Komisarek won't be playing tomorrow, he got injured in the fight against Lucic. I just hope he ddin't lose his mojo after losing badly in that fight. We beat them in every regular season game last year, but the Bruins-Habs rivalry looks to be reignited as never before. When the Bruins come to the Bell Centre on the 22nd, fireworks are going to happen.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We get them tomorrow night....I mean tonight, it's 12:15 already? Man, I gotta get up in 6 hours....goodnight.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Devils win in a shootout
Rangers win in a shootout
Wild win in a shootout

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
This was some night of hockey....wow. I wonder if it is a full moon. Sam, that third period in your game was awesome, I was able to watch almost all of it after my game was over....we were down 2-0 after 2 periods(again), and I was just praying for 1 point. Lundqvist stands on his head in the third and OT and Drury wins it in the shootout. Another steal.
I saw a bunch of your game too xchazx. Ovechkin is coming on strong of late. Ties it with 1 second left, I couldn't believe it. Nice win though for you guys.

Looks like Riptide and buffalo-girl didn't fair so well. I was rooting hard for Buffalo tonight as I can't stand Pittsburgh. Malkin is unbelievable and is still better than Crosby IMO.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Great games is right, I just finished watching the Avalanche-Pilers game, the Avs tied it 2-2 with seconds left, and won it in a SO.

A tough loss for the Habs, just not playing well, and losing the the Flyers is enfuriating. Didja see Hartnell knock the net off the moorings when the puck was near the goal line. He's the one I hate most, Mike "cheap shot" Richards is a close second.

So the Malkin vs. Crosby debate continues, I have to check those higlights.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
So EleanorJune joins the list of winners from last night....must have been some finish. Riptide, I didn't see any of your game last night, but you don't have to mention Richards more than once to me. I can't stand him or that whole team. They've always played that dirty hockey.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Crosby

That's my order for these three as of now....may change one day. What do you all think?

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey thanks for routing for buffalo i hate pittsburg too lol i thought we were gonna win until the end of the 2nd. period bummer we lost both games friday and saturday hopefully we will come back and win wednesday night dee [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Buffalo and Boston losing is good for the Habs, I just hope they get their head screwed on right for St. Louis tonight. The highlight of last night's game was Laraque pounding some hapless Flyer. Komisarek is out for a week though. Bogus.

Your player rankings are pretty spot on 80'srocked
It's a bit tough with the Malkin and Crosby debate because they are playing together. And their point total will be linked. But just when you write off Crosby he will have some 6 point game. But Ovie is heating up which is good because Semin is out with an injury.

My mom's boyffirend is a huge Rangers fan, and I asked him and he didn't even know what was going on with Peter Prucha.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
My mom's boyffirend is a huge Rangers fan, and I asked him and he didn't even know what was going on with Peter Prucha.

Prucha is a mystery for sure. He rarely plays for one and it seems they have no idea what to do with him. There have been rumors of moving him....but where, or what they can get for him....who knows? If they could get rid of him, I'd love to get another defenseman called up from Hartford. They are only carrying 6 defenseman right now and Rozival is playing the worst ever in his career and I think can use a few games on the bench to straighten his head out. He turns the puck over almost every time he touches it....lead to another shorthanded goal last night.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
They might even release Prucha the way it's going, or he might join Jagr in the russian hockey league. How is Redden working out on the blueline? Is he earning his money?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
How is Redden working out on the blueline? Is he earning his money?

Nope....seems you guys were right on with your early call on him. Started the season with a bang and hasn't done much since. He better pick his game up soon.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know vanek is earning his millions for the sabres here he is doing well with goals this season now crazy legs - afinogenov has to get going!!! he is fast but he needs to score more goals for us!! dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that devils game saturday night was maddening, and i only saw the first two periods due to it being movie night and my wife putting her foot down.

if i had seen ovie score with 1 second left i would have killed somebody. i can't believe the devils won in the shootout because it was 3-3 after two and i thought if the game went to a shootout the devils would stand no chance with the caps offensive firepower and clemmer in goal. he held his own though and i'm just thankful to get those two points.

rumor of the devils getting khabi and cam barker in a three way trade with CHI and SJ, maybe involving john madden. i found out it was an ecklund rumor so i know it's not true, but it was intriguing.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't catch any hockey over here. Just some highlights on the web. Figures, my team wins when I don't watch! I can't wait to get back home, watch some games and get back into the know.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
hey thanks for routing for buffalo i hate pittsburg too lol i thought we were gonna win until the end of the 2nd. period bummer we lost both games friday and saturday hopefully we will come back and win wednesday night dee [Roll Eyes]

Say What? You hate Pittsburgh? [Eek!] I love Pittsburgh hockey! I don't really watch anyone else, maybe alittle bit if I'm scanning through the channels. But I did want to come to a Buffalo match in the spring time- the tickets I tried to order are a little bit pricey though, so I'm going to pass! I like hockey waaaay better than football, it totally sucks that Pittsburgh is more for the stupid Steelers than they are for the Pens. They are a "fair weather friend" when it comes to the Pens, but my hubby and I went to games when they weren't doin' too good in the late 90's, early 2000's, and we still cheered them on.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I'm finding this Buffalo-Pittsburgh girl thing intriguing. Who had the name first? Both of you joined this month, are you sure you didn't know each other before?

I watched the third period of the Rangers-Senators game, really low scoring. I watched the OT and shootout and Lundqvist was great. I thought the detestable Jarko Ruutu was going to start a riot when he got a second shot off in the SO. Every game I watch him, he always does these boneheaded things, Ott and Avery are the same.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Wild vs Penguins tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. Should be a good game.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's about time Ripper....I was wondering when you would comment on my win.

What can I say about King Henrik? He was just as brilliant in the first two periods. I can't imagine where this team would be without him. Got first star again....I've lost track now of how many he won. This team's ability to come back this year is amazing. They could be down 4 goals and I still believe they can come back. It's been many years since I've felt this way about my team.

Ruutu is a complete a-hole. How classless was that? Mara and Orr were going to beat the crap out of him at the end of the game. I can't wait for Saturday's rematch. I hope he gets thumped!

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
Wild vs Penguins tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. Should be a good game.

Minnesota picks up a big win on the road in Pittsburgh with a 2-1 victory in a shootout. Overall a snoozefest of a game. The Minnesota goal in regulation was a total fluke and the Penguins goal came ten seconds later. Zidlicky nets the winner in the shootout.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Excellent win Sammy! I was watching and rooting. Sucks for me that Pitt got a point, but glad you guys got the extra one. I didn't think it was a total snoozefest because there was some great goaltending at times and a fight.

Man, there sure is a ton of fighting this year as well as shootouts.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

It's a shooting gallery in Boston. The game is only 5 and-a-half minutes old and the score is already 3-2 in favor of Buffalo over Boston.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home