iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turistas

Running Scared

Mystery Men

Eddie Murphy's Delirious

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Scanner Darkly

White Christmas (even thought its not christmas its still brilliant...)

Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Burbs (Uncut Version)

Bright Lights, Big City

Good Will Hunting

About Last Night

The Prestige

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valleygirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5628

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for valleygirl   Email valleygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
close encounters of the 3rd kind
starman
cant buy me love

what's the uncut version of the 'burbs like? i love that movie..

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the title is a little misleading.

The DVD contains footage that isn't shown on the TV edited version of the movie.

It's basically the version shown in the cinema. Nonetheless it's a great movie, one that I would recommend to anybody.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I didn't know there was an UNCUT version of The Burbs??

Happy Feet

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us breathe some fresh air into this thread ! [Smile]

I recently bought these :

-

At The Earth's Core (1976) region A blu-ray

-

Bad Timing (1980) region B blu-ray

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
alternate original artwork to terror train blu ray (1980).

i purchased two 80s slashers both starring jamie lee curtis - terror train blu ray (1980) and prom night also (1980) on blu ray.

-
the embassy uk vhs/beta cover.

Both films look very good on blu ray,especially prom night which looks seriously good for what is a 35 year old movie.

[ 05. February 2015, 16:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got few UK vhs tapes, all in very good condition:

Rush Week (1989)

-

Night Vision (1987)

-

Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter (1990)

-

Trapper County War (1989)

-

Breathing Fire (1991)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mill Creek has released some great multi movie dvd's lately....

80's Teen Dramas
Beach Bodies

loaded with some movies that have been oop

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last mill creek title I picked up was - the legend of Billie jean on blu ray,it was really good value for money for me to import it from the us it was just over 4 uk pounds (i think about $6).

They've just released another one of my favorites on a bargain priced blu ray and that is heartbreak hotel.

Yeah I've seen those multi pack dvds muffy there really good value,a while back I think I remember being tempted in buying a set (I'm sure it was mill creek),it had 4 or more films and I'm sure one of them was a film I had never seen and been wanting to watch and that was blame it on the night (1984).

Now I can't find it anywhere.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PORKY'S Collection

Screwballs

And a rare 80's made for TV Christmas Movie Starring Fred Astaire called "Man in the Santa Claus Suit"

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure Blame it on the Night is on the 80's Teen Dramas one....you gotta find that one!

I bought Heatbreak Hotel last week...I haven't gotten it yet...I vaguely remember it.

The Beach Bodies DVD has
Sideout (dvd on it's own has gotten pricey)
Lovelines
Private Resort
Hardbodies
Spring Break
Calendar Girl.....I only paid $5 for it!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So u like beach movies Muffy. Love Spring Break.
Last night scored all these on BETA. Remember those. Breakfast Club, JANE fondas original workout and a bunch of those old Disney(60s and 70s)in the best clamshell cases ever made where the inserts do not pull.out.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

wow! 5 dollars,now that is a bargain,i own 4 of those titles - side out,private resort,hardbodies and spring break.

calendar girl i have heard off but never watched and sure lovelines is the one i watched a big part of on youtube and found it really amusing,but for some reason never got round to watching it all.

is that the one where they have the battle of bands competition and near the begining they have a synchronised swimming event at a college and for some reason all the women in the pool end up with no clothes on.

i hope that's what happened unless i imagined that scene [Big Grin]

-

there's a few on this one i've actually never seen,i own billie jean on blu ray,i've seen little nikita,but not seen any of the others.

blame it on the night is the one i'd like to check out but i'm also pretty curious about fresh horses with andrew mccarthy and molly ringwald.

immediate family i'm actually starting to think i may have actually watched at some point but not 100% sure,i know it's got kevin dillon in it.

that's a molly ringwald movie i've never seen - maybe baby it was known on this side of the pond but i think it was known as for keeps in the states.

anyhow for that price of around the 5 dollar mark they are what you'd call a bargain and a half.

[ 06. February 2015, 15:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i love the beach movies terdnthepoolggb,over here in the uk you don't get much in the way of sunshine so i have to watch the beach movies with the glorious sunshine and women in there bikini's just to keep my spirits up! [Big Grin]
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
is that the one where they have the battle of bands competition and near the begining they have a synchronised swimming event at a college and for some reason all the women in the pool end up with no clothes on.

That's the one ! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice collections there. I own most of the films, only missing Calendar Girl and Blame It on the Night. Haven´t yet seen Little Nikita.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck with these budget movie collection dvd releases.

-

what a cool collection - it's worth picking up in my oppinion for tuff turf alone if you've never seen it.

-

same applies here with this set if you can get your hands on it cheap enough - all of me,if you've never seen it in my oppinion is also worth picking this set up for alone,let alone the added bonus of - you can't hurry love,my chauffer,touch and go and date with an angel which are all pretty good fun movies and well worth a watch. .

never seen shanghai surprise or from the hip but i've heard weekend pass is a bit of a stinker,you always tend to get one rotten apple in these packs.

-

in the uk you can pick this deadly desires pack up for 4-5 uk pounds (6-7 dollars) and if you don't own them or have never seen them i would definitely recommend relentless,no mercy and the quiet.

i've seen trapped,physical evidence and in the cut and really need to watch them again but i think i remember them being a good enough watch.

but for the asking price i'd say it's a no brainer!

[ 09. February 2015, 07:45: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

has anyone ever seen fresh horses,you never hear it mentioned much.

was it a bit of a turkey?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
there's me saying hardly anyone ever talks about the movie fresh horses,i've just found about 3-4 topic threads on here.

so ignore the previous comment! [Big Grin]

ps. atomik - little nikita is nothing overly amazing but it's still worth a watch.

[ 09. February 2015, 08:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen From the Hip either, but i bought the vhs tape couple of months ago.
So this is the US poster:

-

This is the finnish vhs cover art. Certainly ain´t no bone Nelson has in his mouth [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I dread to think what the caption above Judd nelson reads on the Finnish version! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It´s not that bad really: "Lawyer approaching - Storm warning given"
We have discussed about cover art differences few times before, this is one of the funniest hands down [Smile]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Pumpkinhead (1988)

"A man conjures up a gigantic vengeance demon called Pumpkinhead to destroy the teenagers who accidentally killed his son." (IMDb)

I've never seen this, so hope it's as good as it sounds.

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home