iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Whatever Happened To.....Your Favorite 80's Stars? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Whatever Happened To.....Your Favorite 80's Stars?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way...he looks exactly the same...John Cusak has aged.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL they both have.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody on this list has aged...Some for the better and one or two for the worse.

It's inevitable, though...I was skinny when I was younger, but now my weight is constantly in flux. Some months I'm thin and some months I'm heavy.

Looking in the mirror and stepping on the scale is always tough for me, so imagine how an actor must feel.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some for better or worse.....Totally agree John Kilduff! Irony is that Johnny Depp seems to be in possession of something we don't know about because I swear that man has not aged since 1987! We girls were having this conversation recently. Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy and,embarrassingly, Lover Boy) is a classic case of age being VERY KIND!!!! All the girls agree that age has made him VERY VERY Yummy, but wouldn't have given him a second look in his 'Lover Boy' days. However,as you all well know, I adore Andrew McArthy in his younger days but.....age has not been kind. He is rather thin and gaunt these days. A bit like the Lindsay Lohan of Gen X. Gosh I am being very harsh aren't I? Glad I'm not a celebrity. Rob Lowe, on the other hand, appears not to have aged at all. Do you think he's had plastic surgery like Demi or just aged well?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:
Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy and,embarrassingly, Lover Boy) is a classic case of age being VERY KIND!!!! All the girls agree that age has made him VERY VERY Yummy, but wouldn't have given him a second look in his 'Lover Boy' days.

I mean, he went from totally geek, to totally chic! [Razz]

I don't care! Dig on his shirt... [Wink]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't even attempt Deborah Goodrich. I'm pretty sure she's been hanging out with Michael Schoeffling ever since she was last seen as a bridesmaid at one of Julia Roberts' weddings. [Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Brooke Theiss from Just the Ten of Us, what happened to her?

And Jenny Wright(the Wild Life, the Chocolate War0 hasn't been seen since 1998.

Also, Jonna Lee from Making the Grade and Quarterback Princess.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
We all know Jonna Lee was wonderful in "Making The Grade" and "The Quarterback Princess". Jonna has since married a gentleman named Kevin Dennis and moved back to her hometown of Burbank, California. Her real name is Jonna Pangburn and she is does sculptures and various forms of art. Below is a sample of some of her work.

-

I haven't found a recent picture of her, but I might be able to work it out with some info I discovered.

[ 04. July 2006, 07:16: Message edited by: Valley ]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I got two more for ya, Valley. The guys who played Bruce and Bobby on CHiPS. I don't know what their names were.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find Jenny Wright...I would like to definately see what she looks like now...I thought she was so cool in "Out of Bounds".
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that's so cool Jonna Lee is doing stuff like that now. I think Michelle Meyrink of Valley Girl and Real Genius is some yoga/spiritual guru now.

What about Amy Linker who was Patty on Square Pegs?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jenny Wright is definitely out of the lime light. She was last heard from in 2002 when the band Callian's Dream wrote a goth rock song called "Near Dark Jenny" and dedicated it to her. She responded by email, but we haven't heard from her since.

NEAR DARK JENNY

Near Dark Jenny - where did you go?
Near Dark Jenny - there's someone who misses you so
Soon the sun will be rising - time for Mae to hide
Near Dark Jenny - hide the tears you've cried

(chorus)
Well, Caleb and I we've been searching
Loy and Sarah they've been looking too
O Pretty Jenny - young Mae what's become of you?

When the night has fallen the vampires come out to play
There's Jesse, Diamondback, Homer and Severen - and our seductive little Mae

The winds blow o'er the prarrie - the moon's in the sky above
The family hunts nocturnal delights - then Mae seeks vampire love

(Chorus)

I sought out Valentino - I called to The Lawnmower Man too
I asked everyone in this Wild Life but no one knows what happened to you

Near Dark Jenny you know you'll always be our star
If you need some hope and strength to share
Send us a message from wherever you are

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
How about finding some of the cast of Summer School???

Try and find:

Shawnee Smith
Dean Cameron
Gary Riley
Kelly Jo Minter

pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and the guy who played Corey Feldman's brother in the Lost Boys.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about trying IMDB? And I know that Shawnee Smith has been acting steadily since Summer School- Becker, Saw, etc.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Whatever Happened To: Dean Cameron

So... after flipping past Hi-Life, Sleep With Me, Kicking and Screaming and State of Emergency, you stayed up late watching Men at Work, Ski School II, Miracle Beach or Summer School for the three hundreth time and you thought to yourself, "Hey. That Guy... Wonder what he's doing."

you fired up your browser, went to Yahoo or some other search engine, typed in his name and, after realizing that he wasn't a senator in Idaho or a record executive in Canada, you found out that:

Dean Cameron invented the "Security Edition" of the Bill of Rights: The First Ten Amendments to the Constitution of the United States printed on sturdy, pocket-sized, pieces of metal -- huh? As the Web site for this ingenious product says, "The next time you travel by air, take the Security Edition of the Bill of Rights along with you. When asked to empty your pockets, proudly toss the Bill of Rights in the plastic bin.

Turns out Dean Cameron was a speaker at the 2004 Libertarian National Convention. He is also currently the "Voice of PG&E".

-

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dean Cameron's thoughts on:

Summer School (1987) .... Francis 'Chainsaw' Gremp

Read the screenplay and thought "Wow, someone wrote a part just for me!" This was a dream job. My first movie. Carl Reiner directed it and was so sweet and supportive. He let me ad-lib a lot of stuff and gave me a lot of free reign. The only downside of this movie was that I didn't get along with Gary Riley as much as either of us would've liked. We were very different people. Fortunately, it worked on screen and that was good.

The movie came out the the same summer that The Lost Boys did and the publicity and hype of that movie sort of overshadowed Summer School and I don't think that any of us got the attention we deserved.

Through some great work on the part of my agent at the time, I ended up with a sweet development deal at Paramount that died with the advent of the Writer's Strike.

Carl Reiner didn't like shooting longer than ten hours a day. This was a tremendous experience.

High Points: Courtney Thorne and her Smiths, chewing tobacco with Mark Harmon, Playing Simon Says at lunch, Patrick Labyorteaux, Richard Horvitz eating tons of candy and running around the school like a nut, Carl Reiner being nice to everyone all the time, my mom getting her photo taken with Mark Harmon, Kelly Minter doing an impression of Laura Dern crying.

Low Points: Arguing with Gary Riley, doing and getting absolutely no publicity, probably being called "Chainsaw" for the rest of my life.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Does anyone else think the stuff I'm digging up is cool?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I LOVE it!!! I love hearing that behind the scenes stuff about Summer School, that's what I wish I could find more about...with all of our favorite movies. How the cast had fun. We see it as a movie, but those are real memories for all the people involved...our favorite movies scenes really are someone else's memories. Dean Cameron looks the same, I'd recognized those eyebrows anywhere.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
PS-You can't find this kind of info. in IMDB-I look all the time, I have never seen this much extensive info on anybody...there's no picture of Amy Steel or Betsy Russell on imdb.

So, I think Valley has done an awesome job at coming up with really cool and interesting stuff on all these people.

PettyFan-was the other Frog brother ever in any other movie ever? I barely remember him saying anything in The Lost Boys except..."It's the attack of Eddie Munster!!"

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Hee hee. I don't think he was, Isis. I remember years and years ago, when I used to read Bop and Big Bopper magazines (why did I just admit that?) there was a pic of him, but that was like it. I don't remember him saying much in the movie, either. He just mostly stood around and scowled.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Is he someone you felt you made a connection with??? Or could relate to??? [Confused] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Smash Tash
Rewind Curious
Member # 4248

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Smash Tash         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to a recent pic of Jamison Newlander - the guy that played Alan Frog in The Lost Boys.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeyfitz/138209991/in/set-72057594121924785/

Posts: 5 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Excellent find Smash Tash! Here's a wedding photo of Jamison Newlander to his lovely wife Hanny Landau.

-

Writer-Director Jamison Newlander, in his “The Virtual Adventures Of Riff-Cat Polito”(heretofore known as VARC), attempts to discover and bring to the theatre a whole new audience who otherwise would spend a Saturday night with their laptops on their hungry laps, playing vid games and messing around in chat rooms. His wife Hanny co-stars in the play.

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Oh good Lord!! He doesn't look anywhere NEAR the same!!!! But thanks for the pics, ya'all. Alan Frog, all grown up.

Yeah, at the time I think I thought the scowl was hot... [Wink] [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home