iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Now for the WORST song of the 80's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now for the WORST song of the 80's
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imawalkingcorpse:
I ain't missing you- John Waite. What a giant pile of garbage.

I like Tyler Hilton's version of this song...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarzan Boy was BALTIMORA. I admit it: I LIKE that song!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Achy Breaky by BILLY RAY CYRUS 80s or 90s? Cuz that was really bad. So was Ice ice Baby by VANILLA ICE...but...again...I think that was the 90s. And MACARENA.....that one was 90s too.
Actually music was pretty good up until 1990! Then it dove fast and hard!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Was Achy Breaky by BILLY RAY CYRUS 80s or 90s? Cuz that was really bad. So was Ice ice Baby by VANILLA ICE...but...again...I think that was the 90s. And MACARENA.....that one was 90s too.
Actually music was pretty good up until 1990! Then it dove fast and hard!

In general, I love 90s music, especially grunge. But I have to agree, the three songs you mentioned were absolutely awful 90s song. Add Barbie Girl and Livin La Vida Loca and you've got the top 5 worse songs of the 90s.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cuts like a knife is done by Bryan Adams ia a good song
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
PETTYFAN, lets throw Wannabe by SPICE GIRLS on there and make it Top Six!
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Oh good Lord, how could I forget the Spice Girls??!! EEK!!! They did England a diservice...
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you Americans were spared their truely awful solo efforts. Never has so little talent graced the world for so long and so painfully.
Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok offically I must have the worst taste in music ever cause I really like all the songs everyone hates!!! lol =)

But one song that I can't stand is "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles serious I know there the Beatles and whatever but it sucks!!!

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Y'know what song I hate by THE BEATLES? Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. There: I said it. Always have, always will.
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with all those 'hated' songs - except for "The Land Down Under" - for obvious reasons. Pretty much anything by UB40 would be my pick but what about that song "Walk the Dinosaur"? That was late 80s but no less tragic for it. I think it went "Hey there get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur"....or something like that. It sucked....and I apologise in advance if it was an Australian effort. The other song that I just hate is "Come on Eileen" - not because it's a bad song but it is just FLOGGED - STILL! Sooo sick of that song. "My Angel is a Centrefold" is the same.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:
I agree with all those 'hated' songs - except for "The Land Down Under" - for obvious reasons. Pretty much anything by UB40 would be my pick but what about that song "Walk the Dinosaur"? That was late 80s but no less tragic for it. I think it went "Hey there get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur"....or something like that. It sucked....and I apologise in advance if it was an Australian effort. The other song that I just hate is "Come on Eileen" - not because it's a bad song but it is just FLOGGED - STILL! Sooo sick of that song. "My Angel is a Centrefold" is the same.

That would be Was Not Was with the dinosaur thing I think... and I know what you mean about "Come on Eileen" - I've yet to go to a wedding party where it wasn't played!
Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Walkin' on Sunshine" by Katrina & the Waves; I dunno why but I can't stand that song! by the way TARZAN BOY rules!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Breezie1962
Rewind Curious
Member # 5090

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Breezie1962   Author's Homepage   Email Breezie1962   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worst song from the 80's I can think of is Stand(I think that is the name) by REM. I would never listen to REM because of that song.

"Stand in the place that you live."

Posts: 4 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Breezie1962
Rewind Curious
Member # 5090

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Breezie1962   Author's Homepage   Email Breezie1962   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" from the 70's? Or am I off by a decade...I have 5 decades of music in my head I have to sort through. [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beatles version was from the 60s. Elton John's remake was from the 70s.

Welcome to the board Breezie

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Let us not forget William Shatner's version!
In The Heart Of The Young
Rewind Curious
Member # 5113

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for In The Heart Of The Young   Email In The Heart Of The Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched something on vh1. it was like the 40 top worst songs of all time .. macerena was number 1 ..
Posts: 1 | From: Victoria, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Docteure Musique
Rewind Curious
Member # 5125

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Docteure Musique   Email Docteure Musique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too,
"Sussudio" from Phil Collins!
Can't support this song!

Posts: 2 | From: Québec | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home