iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » best Fleetwood Mac 80s tune

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best Fleetwood Mac 80s tune
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote goes to "Everywhere." While usually I liked them best with Stevie Nicks as lead singer, this works better with Christine McVie. I love what I call the "descending rainbow" sound effects at the beginning.

Yours?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either 'Everywhere' or 'Little Lies', but it's very close. Both extremely classy, well-produced pop nuggets, either of which could easily have made No.1 (UK) in a less competetive era than the outstanding 87/8 period (Bee Gees, T'Pau, B. Carlisle etc). Think I'll call it a draw :-)

Agreed also on f/m vocals.

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I personally liked "hold me" a lot. Good song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all three of those names like Hold me, Everywhere, and little lies. But the one I think I like the most which I don't hear enough of is Seven Wonders. Someone please correct me if this was Fleetowood Mac of Stevie Knicks solo as I can't remember.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Lies is great. I really loved Lindsey Buckinghams voice on that one.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

I personally liked "hold me" a lot. Good song.

We are DEVO

i'm with you, D. i love HOLD ME. i also like GYPSY.

fleetwood mac is one of my favorite groups of all time. stevie nicks is an awesome songwriter and performer. there is no one else like her.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Love
Seven Wonders
Tango In The Night

I'm right there with you NowhereGirl, Fleetwood Mac is one of, if not my favorite band. Stevie is beyond incredible. Her lyrics are quite possibly some of the best ever written. She rocks!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO I thought their best stuff was from Fleetwood Mac (1975) and Rumours (1977). I didn't care for any of their 80s songs. I saw them in 1977 and that's when they were at their best.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie Nicks when she went solo.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song from the 80's is
"Fireflies"...most people don't know that one.

Then I like "Sara" and "Gypsy"...but I love their 70's stuff even more....

The "Rumours" album is one of the first records I remember owning...and I loved every single song on it...but probably my favorite is:

"Gold Dust Woman".

I love "The Chain", "Never Going Back Again", "Dreams", Second Hand News, and Songbird, and "Don't Stop Believin"

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Tusk with the USC marching band in the video.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home