iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Huey Lewis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huey Lewis
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely adore this guy & his music! [Big Grin] Anyone else?
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like his work also, especially "The Power Of Love" and "Back In Time" from the "Back To The Future" soundtrack.

I also liked "If This Is It", the video for which helped to provide a great sight gag in the movie "Amazon Women On The Moon".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This Is It" is also one of my favorites of his... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I have a soft spot for "Heart of Rock and Roll," even if the heartbeat effects you hear at the beginning and end of the song can be a little creepy.

And while we're on the matter of Huey, what do you think, do you think "Ghostbusters" really was directly copied from "I Want a New Drug?" I think it's close, but not enough of a match.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh I LLLLOOOOVVVEEE HUEY LEWIS!!!! I saw him in concert a few years ago and it was one the best concerts I have ever been to. He may be pushing 60 but that man can still move! He has one of the best butts ever! He jumps of the stage platforms he has tons of energy and all of his songs are pretty much great! I love Huey!!! [Big Grin] He is excellent!!!
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think he has a nice rear end? I don't think I should say any more...

Incidentally, he also lucked out in getting his solo in We Are the World; Prince was going to sing the line "But if you just believe there's no way we can fall," but failed to show up, so Huey ended up with it.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
So THAT'S the thing Prince was supposed to do for Live Aid...very interesting!
80s hair
Rewind Curious
Member # 4602

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80s hair   Email 80s hair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Huey Lewis & The News! Quick top 10 Huey Lewis songs...

01. "Back In Time"
02. "I Know What I Like"
03. "Heart And Soul"
04. "Walking On A Thin Line"
05. "Workin For A Livin"
06. "Couple Days Off"
07. "Perfect World"
08. "Do You Believe In Love"
09. "Power Of Love"
10. "100 Years From Now"

Posts: 5 | From: Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the whole sports CD is great i wore out my tape when i was in college
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess my username should at least kinda give it away. [Wink]

Not only that, but I'm from the Bay Area, so in a way, always felt even more "connected" to his music if that makes any sense. Quite a few of his videos had San Francisco/Bay Area-type locations and references.

The Sports album is my fave (song and video-wise, "If This is It" is probably the best) but I like everything pre-1994 that he did. [Big Grin]

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes its true...i am happy to be stuck with you...great now this will be stuck in my head ugh
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Huey Lewis is COOL!!!!
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jemdude
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4633

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jemdude   Author's Homepage   Email Jemdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huey Lewis is one of my favorites.
Posts: 60 | From: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ah... I have the idea for a new topic...

Here it comes.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
And...?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
That was my question, too, actually.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's the topic about having all the formats of a certain album. You can check it out on this message board.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Hip To Be Square, even though I thought he was singing in Hit the B square.

Anybody see the episode of Just Shoot Me where he and David Spade and were in a air guitar band together. CC Deville (from Poison) has a small part near the end. He's one of the people sitting at the bar.

Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i own the LIVE AT 25 dvd concert. it's awesome. lewis sounds great and can still carry a tune.

my favorite songs are "if this is it" & "it's alright"

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home