iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » why do people like it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do people like it?
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly, I can't stand THE KARATE KID! I think I only watched half of PART II as well. the kid is a wimp! I mean, the 80's gave us some fantastic kick-*** action movies with REAL fight scenes in them; Jackie Chan's PROJECT A and POLICE STORY anyone? and in any case, has anyone here ever seen NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER? that was much better!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look m8 we all hav are like and dislike,but the kk was a story not a kick *** film it had more than to offer.
Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh who are you...??????...you have slagged everything off so far.....is there anything you actually like???

Karate Kid is the business...there is little point in posting that you hate a film on its appreciation site is there....really??

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooohh. touchy sods aren't you?
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
just want to know why this movie deserves it's own board? what about the INDIANA JONES TRILOGY? BACK TO THE FUTURE? RAMBO? ROCKY? ok well for all you girlies... A BRAT PACK board? [Wink]
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those films probably DO have their own boards...just not here. The whole rewind site started with this KK site, and grew from there...which is why its the only one based on one film here.

And yeah...we are pretty touchy when people slag off films we love...everyone is, Its just odd that you would ask KK fans why its any good. But you are entitled to your own opinion I spose.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy Raggedyman

The Brat Pack Site

Rambo? They should have stop after "First Blood" which was an excellent movie. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but slamming the Karate Kid ...ouch. Don't you think Daniel's had enough trouble adjusting already. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonyderarera
Rewind Curious
Member # 4072

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tonyderarera   Author's Homepage   Email tonyderarera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi im new here!! [Smile]
Id just like to say raggedyman...you mentioned that you thought the kid was a wimp!!!
Well....you obviously wouldnt like the film then because you obviously didnt even really get it or understand the moral lessons it was trying to teach people...FIGHTING ISNT COOL...ITS FOR LOOSERS AND SCUMBAGS!!! [Smile] [Smile]
Didnt no retreat no surrender have cynthia rothrock in it...i think they made about three of those films i only saw one of them but didnt really like it...it was kinda low budget!!! [Big Grin]
PS: Raggedyman im not trying to fight with you (i think other people on this board forget that were all entitled to our own opinion ) but i do think that these films deserve theyre own board...i mean theres four of these films...the first one must have done something right!!!
Cya later,
Tony. [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF you don't like it then don't come here. It's as simple as that.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon Bax
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4079

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shannon Bax   Email Shannon Bax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes raggedyman.....I have to totally agree with everyone here. This is a very wonderful film to watch. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree., If you don't like it do come here.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all i can say is.. if yer the kind that cant appreciate the film.. well i feel bad for ya.. u must like it to some degree... why did you track down this site and join the mesaage board? can u saw bored much?? o ya.. this movie rules too.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all i have to say is waxon wax off
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey raggedyman i would'nt be on here talking bad about the KK. there are some REAL die hard fan on here who will make it had for you like Johnny did Daniel and show you "No Mercey" [Smile]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home