iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » KK1 Locations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KK1 Locations
Keithnev
Rewind Curious
Member # 2093

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Keithnev   Email Keithnev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone visited any of the KK1 locations, like the high school,apartment building etc. If so, what was it like?
Posts: 6 | From: Carson City, Nevada | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 years ago I went to CA with my dad and we stopped by the apartment building. We parked in the parking lot of the liquor store next door. The front entrance was actually locked but I asked a resident if we could come in and take pictures...He looked at me like I was crazy and then he let me in. The place was a major dump and yet I loved being there. Miyagi's little room wasnt there of course b/c the filmmakers built that themselves. I couldnt get closer to Apartment 20 because beyond the pool, stuff was blocked off for some reason. When I was there, NOBODY was there except for the 2 guys that let me in. I took pictures from across the street behind the apt building (the field that Daniel got beat up in) and inside...sadly I don't have a scanner. Not much looks different from the movie except for a few minor details (trees have obviously grown, some have been cut and some things have been painted different colors). I also took a rock about the size of my hand to remember that awesome trip. It is unlikely that I will ever go back seeing as I'm from the East Coast. Fun times, you guys should check it out, its definitely a bizarre feeling. Thanks, Peace.
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally did it last summer. The apartment IS a major dump, don't get stuck in that neighborhood. My car overheated and I was stranded in a parking lot for an hour with all types of freak-a-zoids walking past.

The college where the tournament is is about 15 minutes up the road. Area is a dump as well, but as soon as you're in the campus, it's nice and clean. The gym where the tournament was shot still looks great. And yes, I stood in the middle of the gym and did "The Kick" [Smile]

The school is a pain. It's an adult learning center and locked off a good amount of the time. I snuck in and walked around, trippy. Unfort. the gym was stacked to the rafters with boxes and equipment, so I wasn't able to check it or the bathroom out.

Still havent made it to the beach or the dojo. Oddly enough at the apartment (as someone stated once) a printed out picture of Daniel with headband was taped to a tree in front of the apartment (???).

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home