iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
LDMonster
Rewind Curious
Member # 37349

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LDMonster   Author's Homepage   Email LDMonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
 -

I loved that poster and the movie was insane for a teenage kid like myself at the time.

The funny thing is the creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bought the magazine "Heavy Metal" and is still the owner today. Two 80's things collide.

Posts: 6 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDMonster
Rewind Curious
Member # 37349

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LDMonster   Author's Homepage   Email LDMonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the weirdest 80's movies I have seen. I saw it recently mostly because the cover looked so damn good. I usually don't do that since a cover is not always the best judge of a good movie. Some of the worst movies sport the best covers. The cinematography was good, but the story was a complete mess. Hardly anything memorable except for the switchblade plastic bird scene near the end. Also the bonus interviews were pretty good. All, but the last one.

-

Posts: 6 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Picked this up the other day pretty cheap of ebay a 1983 UK quad poster for - street fleet which is known originally as DC cab in the us.

Also about 3 or 4 weeks back from the same seller picked up really good condition original UK cinema quads for - the young warriors and - the party animal also rather cheap - under 5 UK pounds each which I think for the age and condition of the posters for a fan of the movies in question is a bit of a bargain.

[ 24. July 2015, 10:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

I have a few UK movie posters Chloe,this is one of the ones I own - jacks back from 1988 starring James spader.

Please Excuse the mess I'm in the middle of decorating.

Posted this on Chloe's new thread about poster's and vhs and thought I'd chuck it on here,this is a UK video poster for 1988s jack back I picked up sometime back!

[ 24. July 2015, 10:33: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I picked up another really cheap quad poster the other day of ebay,no mercy from 1986 starring Richard gere and Kim basinger,always liked this movie.

Really pleased with the quality of the poster as well,it's sometimes pot luck with the condition considering how old they are but so far I've been really lucky and all but one (10 to midnight) poster has been in more or less near perfect condition.

[ 24. July 2015, 10:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree on No Mercy Warrior. Very good flick
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up this original UK quad poster for the 1987 Charles Bronson action thriller - assassination the other day of eBay,also picked up an original UK quad for the 1992 Kurt Russell thriller - unlawful entry for cheap of eBay as well but it has not arrived yet!

[ 24. July 2015, 10:27: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This book was released about two months ago, and features nearly 250 high-resolution, full-color VHS cover scans.

Check out this website for a peek inside : www.vhsvideocoverart.com

Note : These are vintage UK sleeves only !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That's awesome,johnny i've just added it to my amazon basket and will look at picking it up at some point when funds allow me to.

Some really cool and obscure 80s covers in there.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's a good one !

Even though many of these covers are slightly different from the ones we had over here, it's still a trip down memory lane.

For anyone who grew up in the UK this must be pure nostalgia ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny´s back, great!

Yeah cool stuff, i just read about the book the other day when someone posted this article from The Guardian:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
great article there atomik,i'll definitely pick this book up when i get the chance,looking at that savage island cover you can see why so many people were took in by it,i've never seen it myself but i know you have and i think from what i remember being told it's an absolute mess!

from those i've watched on the guardian page -
dead end drive in which i thought was none to bad,moving violations was a lot of fun,hobo with a shotgun was bonkers,never seen - never too young to die though but would like to.

never thought i'd see these awesome pics in the guardian newspaper of all places [Big Grin]

[ 27. July 2015, 11:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

not a very good picture (taken with my google nexus tablet at night) but this is the latest original uk quad poster i picked up,cost me just a bit over 6 uk pounds of ebay,really pleased with the condition of it!

did bid on a original uk quad for the christain slater film - kuffs but got outbid on it and also - poltergeist 2 and the horror comedy house but lost out on them also.

nevermind maybe next time!

[ 08. September 2015, 13:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seem to be picking up lots and lots of rather odd posters. Is there a pattern to your collecting?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaah, 52 Pick-Up, such a classic Cannon feature. I like the way warrior collects. Those quad poster are smaller but the same information´s there.
We´ve never had any quad posters here but there seems to be lots of 80s movie posters available at the moment. Too bad i don´t have a mancave.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
You seem to be picking up lots and lots of rather odd posters. Is there a pattern to your collecting?

Basically Logan if it's a poster to a movie I like I'll go for it,main factor being always the price,it's got to be at the right price,the cheaper the better!

I love 52 pick up,a definite cannon 80s sleazefest with the great roy scheider,this - blue thunder,Cohen and Tate,jaws etc. - awesome actor!

Another thing is the posters store easy,normally always posted folded between two sheets of card so I keep them on top off one of my deep bookcases,the only poster I've got that is in a postage tube is unlawful entry which came rolled as it's a newer poster - 1992.

All quad posters from the 80s were normally sent out to the cinemas folded where as come the 90s this pratice was changed to them being rolled.

[ 09. September 2015, 05:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

David Crump
Rewind Curious
Member # 37388

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David Crump   Email David Crump   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 8 | Registered: Sep 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cool poster art there David for - Howard the duck.

I've just had a couple of original UK quad posters come through the post which I won on eBay,Bernie Lomax i reckon will like this first one -

-

picked this up for just over 5 uk pounds which i think is not bad at all.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

and the other one i picked up really cheap - 1 uk pound and 47 pence included postage so cheaper than a 6 pint of milk - best shot aka hoosiers uk quad poster.

always really liked this movie and only knew it as best shot as a teen only later in life to realize it had the original title of - hoosiers.

[ 15. September 2015, 12:56: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
a few more i like -

-

porky's revenge (1985) original uk cinema quad poster artwork.

-

us one sheet poster art for the 1984 stephen film adaption - firestarter.

-

uk quad poster art for the fun 1985 kiwi shot car chase flick - shaker run.

-

not sure if anyone has posted this already but i used to think this had awesome cover art 1984's - def con 4.

-

uk poster art for the superb david cronenberg stephen king adaption - the dead zone(1983).

[ 30. September 2015, 15:25: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
There's some very cool poster art out there for the dumb but highly entertaining Mad Mission series (aka Aces Go Places) :

-  -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Loved The Mad Mission films back in the 80s and have parts 3 and 4 on dvd. Like you said, it´s dumb but fun stuff.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

picked this up the other day of ebay an original uk cinema quad poster for chuck norris's - code of silence.

love to pick up the original missing in action uk quad if i could find one cheap enough!

the mad mission films,i remember the covers well from the video shop,never seen any of them though,must have been popular to spawn five further sequels after the 1982 original.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen that Code of Silence poster before. Looks awesome and Chuck is the man!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

fists of steel (1986) aka hands of steel from vestron video had pretty cool video artwork,can't remember that much from this but i think from what i do vaguely remember it was quite good fun!

that arm wrestle scene with rattlesnakes [Eek!]

[ 30. September 2015, 14:03: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home