iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, maybe this has been discussed here but I bet many of you will agree the movie covers/posters for 80's movies were so awesome! They just have this fun playful feeling to them. Many are pretty quirky too. You don't see too many movie covers like the ones that were made in the 80's. What are some of your favorites? Also, does anyone know the cheapest, best site for ordering old movie posters?

-

-

-

-

-

-

A good example of a recent movie that has the 80's movie cover feel is...

-

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gordongecko:
[QB] Ok, maybe this has been discussed here but I bet many of you will agree the movie covers/posters for 80's movies were so awesome! They just have this fun playful feeling to them. Many are pretty quirky too. You don't see too many movie covers like the ones that were made in the 80's. What are some of your favorites? Also, does anyone know the cheapest, best site for ordering old movie posters?

here are some website you might try.
http://www.allposters.com/

http://www.movieposter.com/ I thought this one was the best

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the ones for Night of the Creeps.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Fright Night poster...had it on my wall back in the day....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Just a few more to add to the list! There are just so many good ones out there.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I know there's a lot of different artwork for the original A Nightmare On Elm Street, but the
pic above is similar to what was used for the original rental tape released by 20th Century Fox
in 1986 here in Holland.
It always made me feel a little uneasy.. and it's not because of the Freddie Krueger silhouette.
I guess it's the feeling that anything could happen in that normal house in a normal neighborhood
to anyone who happens to fall asleep. (and we all do that on a regular basis)

Scary stuff indeed.. especially when you're still a kid.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they sure knew how to sell them cheesy fantasy flicks back in the 80s [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

- [IMG]

-
Not sure why I dont own this flick.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:

I know there's a lot of different artwork for the original A Nightmare On Elm Street,

Scary stuff indeed.. especially when you're still a kid.

I agree, damn this was a scary movie back in the day when i first saw it.
The Finnish VHS cover included this art:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary monsters

-

Big guns

-

Cool guys

-

And hot girls

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
u.k quad poster art for silver bullet 1985

-
i used to always like this u.k thorn emi home video cover art for halloween 3 - season of the witch.

-
u.k vhs video artwork for mutant 1984(pity about all the stickers)

-
us one sheet poster art for the 1982 comedy - zapped!

-
u.k cinema quad poster artwork for the party animal 1984

[ 15. September 2015, 09:50: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
cic/universal u.k video cover art for psycho 2 1983

-
i really like the u.s poster art for the 1988 horror movie the nest but i also think this u.k mgm/ua home video cover looks pretty wicked as well.

-
more psycho artwork with cic/universal home video's u.k cover art for psycho 3 1986

-
trick or treat 1986 poster art

-
prison 1988 - entertainment in video's u.k video artwork

[ 12. May 2013, 03:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Awesome stuff people!!

Johnny R, couldn't agree with you more on that cover. Simple, quite, and creepy as hell.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Ok, I thought I'd lighten it up a bit in here. I just loved the cartoon looking covers of the 80's, they were the best

-

-

-

I found this website that looks like it has potential. I will look at it more later. Does anyone know how to post these type of pictures when you can't open the link?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/80-awesomely-bad-80s-video-covers

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i'm on a bit of a roll here..

-
guild home videos cover art for exterminator 2

-
entertainment in videos u.k video artwork for troll 1986

-
medusa home video's u.k artwork for 1987 horror movie the video dead.

-
poster art for 1983 sex/comedy joysticks

-
entertainment in video's home video cover art for cellar dweller 1988

[ 15. September 2015, 08:54: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few:

-

-

-

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
sorry it's all horror, but i really love a lot of the horror film art,they've done some really cool posters/vid covers etc over the years

-
guild home video art for horror flick witchboard 1986

-
mgm/ua home video cover art for poltergeist 2

-
cbs/fox uk video art for night of the creeps 1986 - i had this on video and it has reversible artwork,always liked this side the best.

-
medusa home video's artwork for 1987s retribution

-
vestron video's artwork for klaus kinski horro crawlspace 1986

-
entertainment in videos poster art for the ghoulies 1985

[ 15. September 2015, 08:57: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
 -

The best one.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The original artwork for The Zero Boys :

-

but for some reason the dvd release ended up with this :

-

Now that's bad !

Someone should get fired because of this ! [Big Grin]

[ 17. June 2012, 07:55: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i've got that omega dvd release of zero boys johnny,i purchased a few from the nico mastorakis collection - blind date,sky high,grandmother's house & in the cold of the night.
great quality releases but you're right the new artwork for zero boys can't even compete with the original.

a few more posters i liked.

-
simple but effective poster for tightrope - 1984

-
steve martin losing his head in the man with two brains.1983

-
no it's not tarzan & jane, it's douglas & turner

-
a great poster for a great movie -michael crichton's 1984 sci/fi thriller runaway

[ 15. September 2015, 08:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Young Warrior,

i have some dvds in that Nico Mastorakis collection too. Not all though.
I don't have Sky High, Glitch and Bloodstone unfortunately. Grandmother's House and In The Cold Of The Night
are fun little thrillers. I wasn't too crazy about Blind Date though.

And Runaway is indeed a good 80s movie. I don't think it was ever released on dvd here in Europe though.
Oh well, i have the region 1 disc. [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Runaway is a classic sci-fi thriller. I own the R2 finnish dvd.

I love Nico Mastorakis movies and own Hired to Kill and Island of Death on R2 dvd (gonna check them out soon)
and The Time Traveler, Sky High, The Zero Boys, Terminal Exposure, The Wind, Bloodstone, Grandmother´s House and In the Cold of the Night on vhs.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home