iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hard to find movies - VHS or DVD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hard to find movies - VHS or DVD
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breaking All The Rules & 3:15 A Moment of Truth are two of my favorites. Breaking All the Rules was available on VHS for $9.95 back in the early 90's and used to air on Cinemax every now and then.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ScrewBalls 2
Bikini Summer 1 & 2
HOT moves

I have found them at very high prices so if anyone finds a deal let me know.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
There's a bunch that are becoming harder to find...

Maid to Order
Hot Moves
Heavenly Bodies
Gimme An F

Even a VHS is pretty expensive on Amazon for some of these titles. [Frown]

I picked up Maid to order on VHS a few months ago at pawn shop for $1 on a whim without knowing anything about it. Loved it and go figure the dvd sells for crazy prices in Canada. Gimme An F is one of my all time guilty pleasures. I would kill for a legitimate dvd release of this one but sadly I'm not holding my breath.
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screwball 2 is on YouTube if you just want to watch it again.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, let's do this...

quote:
The Wild life
Has been released in the Universal Archive series. Amazon has the wrong cover image:

http://www.amazon.com/Tillie-And-Gus-Christopher-Penn/dp/B00EVIOWUG

http://shop.tcm.com/the-wild-life-dvd/detail.php?p=647769

quote:
Times Square (1980)
This isn't pricey from the UK (region 2):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Times-Square-DVD-Robin-Johnson/dp/B00JPDOQ6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1425640899&sr=1-1&keywords=times+square

The Australian edition is cheap and also has the commentary that the UK version lacks (region 4):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMES-SQUARE-ALAN-MOYLE-CLASSIC-NEW-DVD-/271773018374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f46ef2906

quote:
Seven minutes to heaven
Assuming that is meant to be 'Seven Minutes in Heaven'?:

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Minutes-Heaven-Lauren-Holly/dp/B003JNIB74/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425641042&sr=8-3&keywords=seven+minutes+in+heaven

quote:
I would like to find TILT. In all my years looking for rare vhs i have yet to come acrossa copy. Im sure there is a copy on Ebay but I dont really wanna pay a hi price for it.
Has anybody seen TILT

I had a VHS copy of it (NTSC) that I just THREW AWAY! It had a cut faded cover though. It is available to download online if you poke around. As is Hot Moves and a couple of others mentioned.

If anyone buys anything above remember to use the links from this site (see Nick's sticky thread).

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know wild life and seven minutes are issued as mod (made on demand) releases where there just dumped onto a dvd-r as no thrills release,sometimes not even a menu and that the majority of them are not remastered,though there is the odd exception to this rule as the killer party mod disc from warner archives was actually remastered.

Some collectors are put off by this but I think your still getting a big step up in quality from vhs and the ones I've purchased so far - Malone,the fourth war,wisdom and reckless have been of pretty decent quality.

Plus if you're that desperate for a movie you grab what ever version you can.

[ 06. March 2015, 06:08: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never used Amazon.. I don't own a creditcard, and i don't do online payments..
still i'm doing pretty damn fine in collecting rare movies from bygone era's. [Smile]

Many of those made-on-demand discs are actually hard to find outside of their online availability,
especially the ones from MGM.

I do own several Warner Archive discs (Reckless, Night School, Killer Party, Wisdom, The Outfit, and the 1973 Slither),
and two from Sony (White Line Fever and Lovelines).

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting for this one :

-

There are German and Italian versions available, but neither of these seem to be better than my own widescreen VHS.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny what's killer party like?

I did years back own the old mgm UK vhs but I sat through about 5 minutes of it and it was one those seriously rare occasions (especially with a horror) I turned it off.

It seemed all over the place,a bit of a mess,i'm sure I remember (unless I imagined it) a rock group popping up out of nowhere singing a song near the beginning.

Did I miss anything as it's got quite a loyal fan base,is it one that got much better as it went along?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Still waiting for this one :

-

There are German and Italian versions available, but neither of these seem to be better than my own widescreen VHS.

I would imagine it must be a lot more preferable to watch oliver reed naked wrestle with Amanda donohoe than it is of him naked wrestling with Alan bates in ken russell's women in love [Big Grin]

[ 06. March 2015, 09:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I saw Killer Party in the early 90's, and i didn't like it.. at all !

So i was a bit hesitant when that on-demand disc was released, but eventually i did buy it, and i was pleasantly surprised.
It's indeed a bit of an oddity.. i'm still not sure if it is meant to be taken seriously or if it's some kind
of satire ridiculing the then popularity of slasher-movies.

In any case, the made-on-demand disc features a high-quality transfer and definitely looks very attractive.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I know the film (killer party) has always been heavily cut http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091338/alternateversions?ref_=tt_ql_trv_5 , even the mod disc is the same edited version as before.

So I'd imagine this probably just adds to the confusion!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
[QB] I've never used Amazon.. I don't own a creditcard, and i don't do online payments..
still i'm doing pretty damn fine in collecting rare movies from bygone era's. [Smile]

Johnny,no amazon,no credit cards,no online payments,no Facebook,you keep this up your going to be more undercover than the A Team!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I would imagine it must be a lot more preferable to watch oliver reed naked wrestle with Amanda donohoe than it is of him naked wrestling with Alan bates in ken russell's women in love [Big Grin]

After a couple of drinks, Oliver Reed would wrestle anyone who wasn't smart enough to run and seek shelter ! [Big Grin]

He was a fine actor though..

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovelines
Seven Minutes in Heaven

I know there is more, but I cannot think right now!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that scene in Women in love lol [Big Grin]

[ 07. March 2015, 03:15: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Havent been searching for it but Dead Solid Perfect. I enjoy this dead solid 80s flick.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Dead Solid Perfect about a year ago. Good movie, Randy Quaid is excellent and he can play golf too.
Jack Warden is funny, almost Rodney Dangerfield level. And what about Corinne Bohrer.... a perfect body [Wink]

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik. The Ice Bucket scene was grrrrreat! Dont ya think. Saw her in some commercial the other day. Cant recall what it was though. Agree on Badhair, a few of his jokes flewbover my head but was very funny.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Dead solid perfect sounds really good,I'm going to have to try and track down the vhs.

I thought jack warden was hilarious in used cars and so fine.

Also used to really like crazy like a fox when it was on tv many moons ago.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Talking of pretty obscure movies has anyone seen the 1986 comedy - odd jobs starring Paul reiser,Robert townsend and Scott mcginnis.

It is available on a budget full screen DVD but seems pretty scarce!

Was wondering if it's Any good?

[ 09. March 2015, 12:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
Lovelines
Seven Minutes in Heaven

Lovelines is available on this set with five other excellent 80s films.

http://www.amazon.com/Beach-Bodies-6-Movie-Rob-Morrow/dp/B00I099JG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426905892&sr=8-1&keywords=Beach+Bodies+-+6-Movie+Set

I picked mine up at WalMart out of the $5 dump bin last year.

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I do have these VHS, they are fairly hard to find.

Hunter's Blood
Ski Patrol
Tough Guys
The Annihilators
Buddy Buddy

I had a lot of other titles on my list that eventually got a DVD or DVD-R release. Titles like Hot to Trot, Short Time, The Night Before, Ski School, Winners Take All, Neighbors, and many more...

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Buddy buddy that's a film I'd like to watch at some point,that's the one with lemon and Matthau,that looks good!

I really like hunter's blood ,tough guys and short time and neighbors is a lot better than its rep,I've always enjoyed it anyway.

Never seen hot to trot,ski school ,winner takes all or ski patrol.

Are they all pretty good booger?

Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Buddy buddy that's a film I'd like to watch at some point,that's the one with lemon and Matthau,that looks good!

I really like hunter's blood ,tough guys and short time and neighbors is a lot better than its rep,I've always enjoyed it anyway.

Never seen hot to trot,ski school ,winner takes all or ski patrol.

Are they all pretty good booger?

Buddy Buddy was ok. It was the last film Billy Wilder directed. There are better Lemmon/Matthau movies but if you are a fan of theirs it's worth seeing.

Neighbors is a dark comedy. A lot of people that saw that expected a Blues Brothers or Animal House type comedy. I think that's why it wasn't well received. It's a much different tone than anything else those two did. And this time the roles were reversed. Aykroyd playing the goofy role and Belushi playing the straight role. It's a weird one but it's fantastic!

I love Hunter's Blood! It's one of my favorite exploitation/horror movies of the 80s. I own the one sheet theatrical poster, laserdisc (signed by Clu Gulager), VHS and bootleg DVD. I show that film to ANYONE that comes to my house lol.

Hot to Trot is a fun talking horse movie starring 80s mainstays Bobcat Goldthwait, Dabney Coleman, and John Candy as the voice of Don the talking horse. It's hilarious! For a while it was tough to find, but they finally released it on DVD-R.

Ski School and Ski Patrol are really campy movies. The are early 90s not 80s, but they have that 80s feel. Ski School is a T&A comedy. Ski Patrol is a snobs against the slobs movie...like Caddyshack or One Crazy Summer.

I recommend everything on that list!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home