iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 20 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken! ! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Top 20 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken! !
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
3. The Karate Kid, Part III

[Eek!] [Razz]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yep, we have some real fun things going on here,
I loved the "Ralph Macchio heavy" line, oddly I was thinking the same thing. Seriously. Not that I picked the best of the best movies, but Crossroads (both the Macchio and Spears versions) isn't great cinema to me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW Helen, you really do like the Karate Kid dont you. Your list is really interesting to look at. Im kind of wondering what KK movies are doing for you that they made the top 3 spots.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

2.JUST ONE OF THE GUYS
3.DREAM A LITTLE DREAM
4.DIRTY DANCING
5.VALLEY GIRL
6.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE
7.BETTER OFF DEAD
8.SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL
9.SIXTEEN CANDLES

So looking at your top 10 Muffy, its definately loaded with boy meets girl, boy wants girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back again or something to that effect . . . your a romantic theres no doubt about that. Another great list which seems to show peoples' personality. I like it.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never even attempt to put into words why I love The Karate Kid films so much. It would only do them an injustice [Razz]

Crossroads is one of those films that lingers with me for days afterwards.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm disgusted you mentioned that Spears thing in the same breath  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
20. A Night In The Life of Jimmy Reardon

Most interesting, non-prosaic choice on any list... I remembering liking this movie the single time that I saw it way back when. As I understand, 20th Century Fox completely retooled the film over the objections of director William Richert. (I think Richert had the misfortune of studio interference on every one of his films.) The studio wanted a teen film, but Richert wanted something more serious. Apparently Richert's original version called "Aren't You Even Going to Kiss Me Goodbye?" had him narrating the film as River Phoenix as an old man, it was longer, and the music was all different. I'm not even sure that it is available in North America.

Darn! I thought I'd closed the book on discovering new-to-me 80s films. Now I'm going to have to track down that elusive alternate version. But that's what makes this place great fun (even with all the discussion--completely mystifying to me--about why Can't Buy Me Love is considered an 80s classic). [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I picked Rad as #6. Sequels rarely get picked. The Empire Strikes Back was the only on that made it here.
Sequels have split votes.

quote:
With the number of emails and PMs I get from you? I reckon the problem is, you can't restrict yourself to just sending me fourteen emails....
"How can you mend a broken heart... how can you stop the rain from falling down?"

quote:
Love that My Bodyguard was on yours, that just missed out for me.
Me too. It was one of the last ones I cut.

quote:
Did you mean to say "RALPH MACCHIO" heavy [Razz] um I know you did [Smile]
I ever tell you how much I look like Ralph Macchio? It's true. But only like... at his physical peak and stuff.

quote:
There are several movies that I left off such as Empire and Raiders, because I only wanted to include movies that have that unique "80's" feel. Otherwise Empire Strikes Back would be my #1.
You added a bias to your selection! If you'd gone ahead and chosen the movies from the 80's you truly loved the most, it would have had an impact. 'Empire' was my # 2. If you'd picked it as # 1 it would have been higher than the paltry # 17 it got! You denied it 20 points! I knew nobody else would pick Tootsie when I chose it as my # 1 - but that didn't stop me! Look at Helen's list - it's insane! That didn't stop her!

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

Ok, that wouldn't help.

I DEMAND A REVOTE!

quote:
Crossroads is one of those films that lingers with me for days afterwards.
Seriously. Just like him. Twins practically.

quote:
Darn! I thought I'd closed the book on discovering new-to-me 80s films. Now I'm going to have to track down that elusive alternate version.
I think Jimmy Reardon is a failed mess. But I'd be very interested in seeing the alternate.

quote:
But that's what makes this place great fun (even with all the discussion--completely mystifying to me--about why Can't Buy Me Love is considered an 80s classic). [Smile]
Because most people would like to know what life was like for the 'other side' at school, and it shows it - warts and all. With all the inherent loss of human decency that may occur when status is attained suddenly.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ran into Ricky Linderman today and he beat me up  - karate kid style because I din't vote for My Bodyguard. Man, that dude is so uptight.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I just ran into Ricky Linderman today and he beat me up  - karate kid style because I din't vote for My Bodyguard. Man, that dude is so uptight.

I hear he killed his brother.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOL Logan, I don't like Ralph like that. You're gonna have to say you resemble Mickey Rourke, James Franco instead [Razz]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan: In a press conference Linderman was quoted as saying, "Shut up. Shut up, I didn't find him! I KILLED him! I shot him! Little menace deserved it though. I mean the nerve of him not voting for My Bodyguard. God, I was laughing. I was laughing when it went off."
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
LOL Logan, I don't like Ralph like that. You're gonna have to say you resemble Mickey Rourke, James Franco instead [Razz]

Yeah... that's what I meant... I look like James Franco and Mickey Rourke. I vaguely recall telling you that me and Mickey (as he was in the 80's) are like twins. Me and Ralph are like... total opposites. I thought I made that clear.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Logan: In a press conference Linderman was quoted as saying, "Shut up. Shut up, I didn't find him! I KILLED him! I shot him! Little menace deserved it though. I mean the nerve of him not voting for My Bodyguard. God, I was laughing. I was laughing when it went off."

Was this before or after he started dating a guy named 'Peach' in a bizarre closet-gay subtext way?
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
knew nobody else would pick Tootsie
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Logan, ive just realised i left that out..what number would you have put it at? It would have made my top 15-20
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan5:
knew nobody else would pick Tootsie

Logan, I think you're mistaking this thread for the "most attractive actress of the 80s" thread....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LOL Im edward kimberly (as he takes the wig off) one of the greatest scenes of the 80s
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Logan, ive just realised i left that out..what number would you have put it at? It would have made my top 15-20
Numero uno. It's not that it means more to me than many of the other films on the list, it's just that I always name it as my fave, and unlike some people (JK - I'm looking at you!) I didn't want to tailor it strictly to conventional 80's tastes (though I think there was some of that happening subconsciously. I am a hypocrite, aren't I? Helen - exactly like a young Mickey Rourke - honest).

quote:
Logan, I think you're mistaking this thread for the "most attractive actress of the 80s" thread....
Ha! I suppose you think I wouldn't have sex with Dustin Hoffman dressed as a woman?! Well you're *wrong*!

Eh... I mean... wasn't Phoebe Cates a babe in Fast Times?! Something like that...

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Bahaha, you are too much [Big Grin]
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
i think i sold out stand by me to be honest...i just plain forgot all about tootsie.
80sCoop
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9205

- posted      Profile for 80sCoop   Email 80sCoop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's fun (& surprising)to see the order these came out...I can't believe I forgot Ghostbusters and Raiders of the Lost Ark...not to mention so many more when looking at everyone's lists here!
Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home