iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 20 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken! ! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Top 20 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken! !
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did an awesome job Valley of compiling our Rewind list of movies and make the post fun!! with lots of great pictures. [Smile]

is Dirty Dancing on no one's lists??? people?!!!

Helen I want to see this list of yours.....

here's mine gang:I already want to change the order....

1.GOONIES
2.JUST ONE OF THE GUYS
3.DREAM A LITTLE DREAM
4.DIRTY DANCING
5.VALLEY GIRL
6.CAN'T BUY ME LOVE
7.BETTER OFF DEAD
8.SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL
9.SIXTEEN CANDLES
10.HEATHERS
11.THE LOST BOYS
12.PRETTY IN PINK
13.TEEN WITCH
14.WORKING GIRL
15.BEETLEJUICE
16.STAND BY ME
17.BACK TO THE FUTURE
18.GHOSTBUSTERS
19.MY BODYGUARD
20.LOOK WHO'S TALKING

Paul I really don't mean any offense but your genre war to me looks like alot of work? separate emails? are you being sarcastic? [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG i cant beleive Big trouble has not made the top 20...i am just like -WTF
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That list of movies acutally really does look like the epitomy of the 80s to be honest even though my own list looked nothing like that. Great list!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
just realised where the hell was RAD and Thrashin?? Did anyone except me and probably Valley vote for these??
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither did:

The Sure Thing
The Princess Bride
The Secret Of My Success
Real Genius
Top Gun
Gregory's Girl
Uncle Buck

But on the plus side.... SpaceCamp, Brewsters Millions and Red Dawn never made it either!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Paul I really don't mean any offense but your genre war to me looks like alot of work? separate emails? are you being sarcastic? [Smile]

Your kidding me? With the number of emails and PMs I get from you? I reckon the problem is, you can't restrict yourself to just sending me fourteen emails.... [Smile] [Razz]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great list muffy and most of yours were just pushed out of my top 20 but i have to just ask why on earth would you put look whos talking in any top 20 list ahhhhhhhhh i had dream a little dream in the same spot i think.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Paul o Paul o Paul TUtt TUtt - whats wrong with Red dawn, apart from only being able to watch it once and it lacked everything - good to see charlie cheen moved onto better things like hard drugs and loose women hmmmm (how the irony of his role in ferris B follows him even now as he reported once in an interview)
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brewster's Millions is awesome too.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
just realised where the hell was RAD and Thrashin?? Did anyone except me and probably Valley vote for these??

Yeah I certainly did vote for Thrasin dude. My list is somewhere in the thread if you wanna check it out.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my list is kinda horror heavy and I knew nobody but me would be voting Parts 2 and 3 of KK [Razz] I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 of mine would make the list, alas it was only The Karate Kid [Frown]

1. The Karate Kid
2. The Karate Kid, Part II
3. The Karate Kid, Part III
4. Once Upon A Time In America
5. Rumble Fish
6. Labyrinth
7. The Shining
8. Razorback
9. Phantasm II
10. Hellraiser
11. Robocop
12. The Last Emperor
13. Blue Velvet
14. Crossroads
15. The Outsiders
16. Phenomena
17. Near Dark
18. Fright Night
19. Heathers
20. Diner

If I was doing it again I'd replace 2 with Raging Bull, and Gremlins, sorry Kev, completely forgot [Razz]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I picked Rad as #6. Sequels rarely get picked. The Empire Strikes Back was the only on that made it here.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for RAD too.. but we just didn't have enough folks on our RAD team for this poll. RAD was #11 on my top 20. I tried to get Christian Hollis to vote, but I over-rotated on the landing.

btw, I was wearing my RAD t-shirt while I added up the results if that helps! [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was just thinking, mind you I am not maths minded, that if I didn't put Caddyshack at Number 1 on my list it probably wouldn't have made it on the list. That movie truely deserves to be there.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Valley! A great idea and an entertaining thread to boot [Cool]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to see a couple of my favs up there. Yeah, it would'a been cool if RAD actually showed up in the list. But i'm not really surprised it didn't. I am disappointed that GREMLINS or A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET didn't make the cut. Oh well...

I don't remember the list I submitted..i just kinda threw out my top 20 at the spurt of the moment.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah I certainly did vote for Thrasin dude. My list is somewhere in the thread if you wanna check it out.
Will check it out, interesting to see if anyone voted for madmax?

quote:
I am disappointed that GREMLINS or A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET didn't make the cut. Oh well...
Im not, but i am a little shocked to be honest.

quote:
I voted for RAD too.. but we just didn't have enough folks on our RAD team for this poll. RAD was #11 on my top 20. I tried to get Christian Hollis to vote, but I over-rotated on the landing.

btw, I was wearing my RAD t-shirt while I added up the results if that helps!

You wore your tshirt!! A true fan of the film, awsome Valley, AWSOME!! On the over rotation - you know you just need to let your head lead and your body will naturally follow. One of the best scenes in the movie
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Your kidding me? With the number of emails and PMs I get from you? I reckon the problem is, you can't restrict yourself to just sending me fourteen emails....
Ok that made me laugh! haha WHATEVER...... [Big Grin]

Willy!!!! I heart Look Who's Talking so much it had to make my personal 20....I even watched it again a few months ago and totallllllllly had me in stitches.....watch it again sometime soon.....trust me [Smile] cool on the Dream a Little Dream....I had a feeling mine my be a little different......but I had to be "true to myself" LOL

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, I was wondering that about

Mad Max and probably BMX Bandits too.

See, there are probably many movies that us Aussies have not seen or heard of that the Americans have and vice versa. Cos, as you know while the Aussie film industry is not that big it has produced some fine films over the years.
Malcolm comes to mind off the top of my head.

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
As my list is kinda horror heavy

Did you mean to say "RALPH MACCHIO" heavy [Razz] um I know you did [Smile]

Thanks for posting Helen I have to say yours may the MOST diverse for sure.

I loved what Willy brought up on Devo's thread......and I seriously think he should start his own thread about it [Smile] I'd love to know why people chose what they did and why?

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Just realised something, and it'd be cool to see if anyone else thinks the same.....

I just sketched out a top 20 without referring to the list I sent in, and it's very different. Some movies are there that didn't even make the first list (Secret of my Success, The Sure Thing, Streets Of Fire) whilst others I voted pretty highly didn't even figure this time (like Real Genius, No Way Out) and Fish Called Wanda kinda dropped off by default.

Wonder what difference people's moods make to which movies they think are great - or are some movies just great at that point in time....

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Muffy, that too [Smile]

Love that My Bodyguard was on yours, that just missed out for me.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thats very true Paul!

because even after I made mine i'd change it again... [Smile]

I really would love to see Willy start a thread.....Glad you laughed Helen! [Smile]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just realized i posted my list i the wrong thread,.. here it is:

1. aliens
2. valley girl
3. halloween II
4. return of the living dead
5. purple rain
6. back to the future
7. 16 candles
8. modern girls
9. eddie & the cruisers
10. midnight madness
11. footloose
12. spaceballs
13. monster squad
14. clue
15. streets of fire
16. night of the creeps
17. just one of the guys
18. fire with fire
19. real genius
20. poltergeist

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Kreese
Master Rewinder
Member # 9369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for John Kreese   Email John Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Karate Kid
2. North Shore
3. Die Hard
4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
5. Ghostbusters
6. Predator
7. Last Starfighter
8. Goonies
9. Big Trouble in Little China
10. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
11. Footloose
12. Lost Boys
13. Revenge of the Nerds
14. Beverly Hills cop
15. Lethal Weapon
16. Commando
17. Valley Girl
18. No Retreat No Surrender
19. License to Drive
20. 16 Candles

I didn't have time to get mine in before the cutoff.

** There are several movies that I left off such as Empire and Raiders, because I only wanted to include movies that have that unique "80's" feel. Otherwise Empire Strikes Back would be my #1.

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home