iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Pets names (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pets names
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture of my two cats. That's Miikka in the front and Teemu in the back

-

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little cuties... I love cats. So can be so much fun... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is One of my dogs Rex.No famous name though,but it has been remarked on a few occations that he looks a bit like James Dean [Wink]

-

[ 30. June 2008, 13:56: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here is Scooby doo.My loyal friend.A few weeks back he needed some acute surgery.It was so expensive i have to delay pretty much anything else for a very long time to come.Luckily he made it trough,and are still around.

-

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's our goof...my mom is holding him, he likes Halloween, as much as the rest of us around here:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam your cats are way to cute!

Bandit is Rex a Bordercollie? they are awesome dogs.......my mom rescued one from the pound and he's turned me into a bit of a dog person.

I was dating a guy I thought was too awesome.......turned out he was allergic to cats and i'm a "catperson" always have been, it was never meant to be haha I should have known [Wink]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Yes Muffy he is a 16 year old border collie,but still a pretty cool dude.Just look Here [Cool]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scooby doooooooooo.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
Here is One of my dogs Rex.No famous name though,but it has been remarked on a few occations that he looks a bit like James Dean [Wink]

-

Yup, he's cool...
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my kitty cat is called Jarvis after Jarvis ****er from PULP not particularly agr8 fan but my mam loved him lol
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Cats,sure has a lot of personality missalexis89.And i have had a few ones myself over the years.But in the the end,i`m just more of a dog person [Wink]
Anyway,all animals should be treated with respect.And i see just to many sad stories in the news over here lately..

Be well.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am liking you more and more Bandit....I am a huge animal lover too...we raised a bunch of orphaned wild animals...we had 6 raccoons, a hawk, a skunk, a groundhog, a squirrel, a red fox...we have had 4 ferrets ....our last ferret died last summer, she was 8 years old.

We have 2 stray cats that we adopted and had spayed.

I can not stand hunting and trapping or animal abuse in any way shape or form.

[ 07. July 2008, 09:17: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
It sure sounds like you care about your animals.Respect [Cool] Overall,we all share the same planet.And Humans is the the biggest problem IMO.Nice to see people who really care,and give it a bit of an effort.It sure is needed.

All the best

Bandit.

[ 06. July 2008, 13:30: Message edited by: bandit ]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand hunting either unless you eat what you kill. For the "sport," I don't think is right. I'm sure some of you won't agree.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I can't stand hunting either unless you eat what you kill. For the "sport," I don't think is right. I'm sure some of you won't agree.

Agreed...
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it wasn't for hunting the animal population would get overpopulated and the weaker animals will end up starving to death. Which would be a much crueler and painful death then them getting shot.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the over-population of humans, maybe we should start hunting each other. Oh yeah, we already do kill each other.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:

I enjoy a bit hunting.But that would include using my camera like this.

-

In the end we are all pretty satisfied. [Wink]

Regards.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It's not true about the population problem...hunting is a billion dollar "business", the game commission stocks the areas people hunt in so that they have something to kill. In the early 1940's, my state- PA -had an extremely low deer population, so they purchased deer from Michigan and brought them here so that people had something to kill.

We do not even live in a day and age that hunting should be allowed...I would love to go hiking and be out in the woods way more than I am, because I am afraid of getting shot.

Around here ...you get a bunch of rednecks out there drinking beer and shooting at anything that moves. I can't even keep count of how many people I know who have had a "shooting" accident in their family when it came to hunting.

My Aunt worked for Greenpeace, Funds for Animals and Defenders of Wildlife. When I was a kid and my Aunt was working for Cleveland Amory (he was the President of Funds for Animals)...I made him a wildlife calendar. He wrote a book called "Mankind", and he was one of the people that would go spray paint the baby Harp Seals so their fur was no good to killers who clubbed them to death.

I don't know how anyone can look at a beautiful animal like that deer, and want to kill it.

I paint alot of wildlife pictures.

I am hoping that one day I can buy some land and put a cabin on it....just to get away from the modern world.

I loved the 80's....but now in the present time...I feel like going back even further in time and getting completely away from technology.
Yesterday we went driving all through the woods near where I live, and went to a state park, I love being outside and I too, love to take photos of whatever I see. The guests we had this weekend, are building the perfect log cabin..and we went to see it...it's exactly the same thing we want to do...I see alot more people wanting to get back to living a more simplier life style, and I love that.

I am really glad to see others who love animals too. You guys are very cool.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Bandit...is that a real photograph that you took with your own camera??
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Yup.No arms are needed over here.I enjoy my hunting using the camera.Overall Bambi and i feel much better in the end. [Wink]

Be well.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SammyHain 44DDD-26-36:
If it wasn't for hunting the animal population would get overpopulated and the weaker animals will end up starving to death. Which would be a much crueler and painful death then them getting shot.

Not to rattle any cages...

SammyHain,

I have read this before several times, and have been told this countless times. They talk about this very subject all of the time during hunting season throughout the US. The state you live in will only issue a certain number of "permits" every year so as not the decimate the population, but also to thin it out sufficiently. I know that here in Missouri hunting is a big deal. I remember a couple of years ago hearing talk about there not being enough deer hunters in Missouri the previous season and this caused the "starvation" count to go up in young deer. I grew up in a family of hunters. I've never hunted myself, but, I wouldn't have a problem taking a deer or a turkey. I'm an avid fisherman and I release most of the fish I catch, but I'll gladly keep a limit of fish if my fishing partner wants them.

It's not a cruelty thing, it a legacy thing. Something passed down through the generations from father to son. Most hunters also pass down the reverence for hunting and the importance of conservation and respect for the land. We are all (for the most part) carnivores aren't we? Where do you think hamburger comes from?

quote:

ISIS,

My Aunt worked for Greenpeace, Funds for Animals and Defenders of Wildlife. When I was a kid and my Aunt was working for Cleveland Amory (he was the President of Funds for Animals)...I made him a wildlife calendar. He wrote a book called "Mankind", and he was one of the people that would go spray paint the baby Harp Seals so their fur was no good to killers who clubbed them to death.

People that club seals should be clubbed! These people are scum!

Just some thoughts...

- Jdoc [Smile]

[ 07. July 2008, 13:33: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Absolutely on the number of permits given out depending on the number of deer available. I too am not a hunter but I also understand the need to have hunting to help control the population. Hunting is a big deal here in ND as well and I know the farmers appreciate the fact that the state allows hunting otherwise the deer would be forced to come out of the woods and start ruining the crops in order to survive.

If the deer start eating the crops the farmers will have to raise their prices and eventually that will impact everybody paying more money in the grocery store.

Most hunters do appreciate the land and will try their best to not disrupt things. Unfortunately there's a very small few that don't abide by those rules and gives the rest a bad name. But it's a very small few.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
There are certain situations ...that even I know that steps need to be taken to control animals from eating up someone's livelyhood, but more humane steps can be taken.

JDoc-Your way Cool too! I use to like to go fishing when I was a kid...we still go down to my Dad's to fish...he has a 40 acre farm with a pond...and it's relaxing to just be outside and smell the fresh air, but we throw them back.

I was a total vegetarian for over 10 years...then when I had my son...I found it really hard to cook balanced meals for him without meat...because I grew up eating meat...and that's how my mom cooked...and I was afraid of not getting my kid the right amount of protein....But, to this day...I don't eat a bunch of red meat...I actually love foods that really don't have a bunch of meat in them...like pastas...my favorite foods are macaroni and cheese and I love grilled cheese sandwiches, and I love salads of any kind, and I love fettucini alfreado, and I love chinese food-like vegetable chow mein...so, I don't find it as hard as I use to..to not eat meat...if I eat anything with meat in it...maybe 2 times a week...that's it for me.

Colon cancer and so many other diseases are linked to eating meat..so I feel much healthier too...not eating meat...but when I was a vegetarian it was more for moral reasons and not health reasons.

I never dated anybody who ever hunted...I figured anyone capable of killing something wasn't anyone I wanted near me..and I thought anyone capable of "gutting" something....didn't have much emotion to be able to do something that horrific.

JDOC-your right about it being a handed down tradition...I talked to guy friends of mine, who said they secretly hated hunting...but their Dad made them go, my one friend told me he bawled the first time he killed a deer...but he didn't want anyone to know that.

Some guys must think that hunting makes them tough or something......but I think men who don't hunt are the nicest men out there.

I think that animals feel pain and fear just like people do, they just can't say it out loud.

I hate archery more than anything.

Most men who hunt...do not hunt to kill off the weak and the starving...they are out for the biggest deer they can get to chop it's head off and stick it on a wall...so the sick and dying animals are still going to die anyway...and if that's how they die...then that was meant to be.

Personally, we feed the deer corn near us...so they don't starve to death and so that they don't ruin farmers crops.

I had a black bear in my yard a few weeks ago....he was in my container of birdseed at 1am.

Someone said they tranquilized a bear around me, and moved him to a more wooded area...so maybe it was him.

I love being near the woods...I have a groundhog that comes to my birdfeeder, we have squirrels and have had a raccoon, and we get a bunch of oppossums....my mom looked out in our house for our cats...that's on our back porch, and one night there was a oppossum laying in there with the cat.

[ 07. July 2008, 17:11: Message edited by: ISIS ]

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
I do sure enjoy animals,but a black bear around my house would maybe be just a bit over the top [Eek!]

All the best guys.

Bandit.

[ 07. July 2008, 16:03: Message edited by: bandit ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home