iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Pets names (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pets names
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it didn't do my husband much good either...

I am the one that heard it at 1am...I thought someone broke in to my house...and I told my husband to get up and see what the noise was ( I didn't know he was going to walk outside and look around)... 5 minutes later I heard him yelling for me to get the flash light...I got scared...thinking someone really was breaking in, he ran upstairs...and we have a balcony off our bedroom, and he ran out there with the flash light...and was saying about the bear....

We have a little pond with fish out back and a waterfall.....and my husband went around the side of the house where the pond is, and where our birdseed container was, and he thought at first that a huge dog was in the garbage can...then when he realized it was a bear...he took off to go shut the windows in my mom's room, which is right near the pond...because the windows were up, and it could have got through the screen....he almost forgot to shut our french doors...when he backed up away from the bear. It never saw him. But, if it had...that could have been bad.

I saw a glimpse of it walking through the woods, but it was so dark out....

I did look up on the internet about bears attacking people...it is rare...but they definately have done it, and have killed people.

Over a 10 year period...I could only find about 50 bear fatalities....

a couple nights later...my husband and son were out in our hot tub...and they heard our cat let out a screeching sound...they thought the bear got it and they jumped out of the hot tub and ran in the house...my husband said that the bear probably thought they were human soup (like from Harry and the Hendersons)...and he thought it was coming to get them...

The Cat probably got in a fight with another stray cat....because I looked it up and bears don't eat or attack cats or dogs. They will eat chickens and rabbits if they get the chance.

But, that was the one and only time we had a bear here.

Now...the other day I was driving in my car with my son, and we saw a bear along the road...we thought it was a sign ...and didn't realize it was real at first...I couldn't get back to see it, because I was on a curve on a one way road.

But, I think it is really rare to see a bear in the wild...so as long as I wasn't in danger. I would think that was cool.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should talk to your local animal control people. They may want to move the bear further away in the woods. Bears can be VERY dangerous. The normal behavior for a black bear is to stay away from humans. If your bear keeps coming back, that's a bad sign. It could be dangerous to you and your family. Whatever you do, DO NOT feed it anything, and don't let it keep into your garbage. I would call someone...

- Jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. One time is enough. Now that he knows that trash is there, he will be back at some point. Call somebody!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday they had to remove a black bear from the city limits of Fargo, North Dakota. They tranquilized it and moved it to a more remote spot of the state. Thankfully this was at 5:30am instead of later on in the day when more people would have been out and about.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have more enough with chasing the polar bears away from my garden [Wink] Just a joke.Anyway deer population has become a huge problem here.There is just to many of them.But i don`t want the job of taking care of that.

However,importing an animal species,just to have the fun of killing it.. [Confused]

Cheers.

[ 08. July 2008, 15:22: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It hasn't been back....someone did tell us they tranquilized a bear not far from us and relocated him...so it was probably him...if he does come back..I'll report it..I promise.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home