iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Pets names (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pets names
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know once upon we had a topic here concerning if you ever named a pet after somebody famous. I'm too lazy to look for the old thread and feel there's enough new people around here that it would be a good topic to talk about once again.

I once had two cats from the same litter that I named Luke and Leia after Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia from the Star Wars movies. Unfortunately they both got kidney failure and I had to put them to sleep at 5 1/2 years old for Leia and 6 years 3 months for Luke. Miss them both dearly. Will always remember their birthday since it was 9/9/99.

Finally almost two years later I got two more cats once again from the same litter. This time I named them after two pro hockey players from Finland. Named the one Teemu after Teemu Selanne and the other I named Miikka after Miikka Kiprusoff. Right now they're approx. 8 months old. Birthday unknown as I received them through a third party.

Who else has named a pet after somebody famous?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Luke and Leia since we share the same birthday.

We name every stray cat that is orange and white stiped...that shows up here....Morris. Since Morris was the most famous of all cats (next to Garfield, of course).

I have a friend, who named one of her goldfish- Freddie Mercury. He is a pond goldfish and weighs over 7 lbs.

[ 08. June 2008, 06:01: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

I have a friend, who named one of her goldfish- Freddie Mercury. He is a pond goldfish and weighs over 7 lbs.

No way! I had a cat years ago (in the 80s) that I named Freddy, for Freddy Mercury...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Way! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a cat named Ferris and I have a dog now named Angel after the girls in LITTLE DARLINGS.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Yes Way! [Big Grin]

WAY! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted mamamiasweetpeaches:

I had a cat named Ferris

Cool... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't 80s per se, but I did name a pair of fiddler crabs I once had Franck and Howard after Martin Short and B.D. Wong's characters in the Father of the Bride films.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
...I had a cat years ago (in the 80s) that I named Freddy, for Freddy Mercury.

Did the cat had better teeth than Freddie Mercury? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had a pet named after someone famous. However, my German shepherd's name is Bowser, and someone asked me if I named him after Bowser in the Mario games....
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a dog called Jess, a cat named Trevor (he's 19) and 2 fish named Seymour and Edna.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a cat named Mango (after the famous comedian in the 1500's, Mango the Mirthless) and a rabbit named Ash (short for Ash Brown, invented by Mango the Mirthless).

My goldfish Bubbles and Bob were named by my son and therefore have no historical significance...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wait...fish count??? I had two golden sharks named Donny and Marie ...but Marie died. I have had all these fish that come and go but no matter what happens DONNY LIVES! We joke that he's like a Horror movie icon...he will bury us all, even the PEOPLE who live in this house!

I have a bunch of fish with different names but the ones named after celebrities are the grey and black striped ones named John, Paul, George and Ringo and I have a blue and white tetra named Blueberry White (after Barry White).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
...I had a cat years ago (in the 80s) that I named Freddy, for Freddy Mercury.

Did the cat had better teeth than Freddie Mercury? [Big Grin]
Yes the cat had all of his teeth... [Smile]
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
...However, my German shepherd's name is Bowser, and someone asked me if I named him after Bowser in the Mario games.

There's also John "Bowzer" Bauman, of the 50's retro singing group Sha Na Na. He later went on to have a career as a game-show host and a stint as an MTV VJ in the early 90's.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I saw Sha Na Na in concert this past Christmas...Bowser was nowhere to be found though.

I forgot our french bulldog that we have now...his name is Jasper Jax. He's named after Ingo Radenmacher's character on General Hospital.

Wasn't the dog in the movie Mannequin named "Rambo?"

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
ACK! SHAN NA NA without Bowzer is like The Last Supper without Jesus!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggested we name our dog Lola cause I had heard the Kinks song of the same name right around that time and liked it. I however didn't listen to the words all that carefully and it was later explained to me by one of my guy friends that the song "Lola" was about a transvestite!?! I guess I missed that part...oh well my little baby Pug is named after a tranny, there are worse things...hahaha [Smile] !!

"La la la la Lola!"

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my Leia kitty turned out to be a boy

LOL

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A dog named scooby doo.Btw,my mom had a cat on birth control pills for a year before figuring out it actually was a boy..
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
The three of you are funny... hehehehe... bandit takes the cake though. First of all I've never heard of birth control pills for cats. That alone is funny, but, figuring out the cat's a boy, after a YEAR... Too funny... [Big Grin]
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had any famous people pet names, but my boss has a cat named Bernie, a cat named Scooter, a cat named Tino, a dog named Jeter and another dog named Joe D. Can you guess he's a New York Yankees fan?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I never had any famous people pet names, but my boss has a cat named Bernie, a cat named Scooter, a cat named Tino, a dog named Jeter and another dog named Joe D. Can you guess he's a New York Yankees fan?

If he additional pets, he would've named them: Babe, Lou [Gehrig], Whitey [Ford], Mickey [Mantle], Pepi [Joe Pepitone], Reggie [Jackson], etc! [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the dog's name in "The Jerk." [Big Grin]
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I liked the dog's name in "The Jerk." [Big Grin]

Lifesaver?

[Big Grin]

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
In the edited version of The Jerk...he called him "stupid". [Confused]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home