iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colt 45:
With 3 or 4 minutes left there was a shot that the announcer said hit the crossbar and bounced out, but viewed from a different angle it was definitely a goal. Why wasn't it reviewed?!?!?!? I think that the league just wants to promote Sidney Crosby and the Penguins for TV ratings.

That was a goal and the Red Wings would have won it in OT. We were robbed!!!

uh, what?

did you not see the replay?

although i hate both teams, at least an eastern conference team gets the cup. i can take a little solace in that.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, them's some sour grapes for ya^
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the well wishes from all the other hockey fans here. I was so wound up and nervous, even after the game was over on Fri. I had to make two mixed drinks to settle my butt down! The boys have been partying all weekend, and yesterday Lemieux had a party at his house for the team. I didn't go to the parade today- everyone else is working so I wouldn't have anyone to go with me. I watched it on tv- two stations here had complete coverage of the entire parade. I'll try to put up alink here so you guys can see it. It was so cool seeing the guys hoisting the cup, and drinking champagne from the cup too. Crosby and Malkin drank from the cup up on the stage along with their parents. Hal Gill was funny as usual, Talbot did his little "ssshhh" with his finger to quiet the crowd, then got them stirred up again. It was really exciting- I'm glad to have been able to watch it from home. They said it was extremely hot downtown along the parade route, and the people were lined up on the sidewalks 10 deep! I'm afraid I'd pass out in that kind of crowd with the heat. Thanks again guys. I'm going to go look for a link to parade coverage!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

http://kdka.com/

Here's a link for one of the local news station's websites. I put up the entire website because there are pictures, videos and stories that you guys might all want to check out. I like this station the best for hockey coverage too!

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool...thanks Pitts...and congrats again. When the Oilers win the cup next year...I expect the same good sportsmenship from you... [Razz]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I have no problem with that kevdug! Last year, when the Pens lost, I still had to watch them handing the Stanley Cup to Detroit and the whole ceremony. It's something that only happens once a year!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NHL awards night in Vegas, the boys should be pretty pooped when it's over, Ovechkin has been there since Monday!

Xchasz, I heard that in Jersey it's official Marty Brodeur day being declared by the legislature there and all. Pretty cool as I thought just NJ legends like Springsteen got that treatment.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, where do I begin? Any one keeping track of all the free agent signings?

80'srocked what do you think of the trade with the Habs for Scott Gomez and Chris Higgins? The Rangers getting Gaborik?

The Habs losing Komisarek to the hated Leafs, getting Gomez, Spacek, Camalerri, Gill, and Gionta? Just an insane day!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80'srocked what do you think of the trade with the Habs for Scott Gomez and Chris Higgins? The Rangers getting Gaborik?

I was pretty shocked at all the action by the Rangers yesterday, but it's all good to me. We need a big change with this organization. Gomez didn't do what he was expected here. I just hope that Higgins and Gabby can perform here on the big stage where so many others have failed. I'm not big on our other addition of Brashear. I hate his kind of goonery. I will have to try to accept him though....
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Besides higgins you got some good prospects from us too. Trading Higgins I wasn't that thrilled with as I think he hasn't scratched the surface of what he's capable of yet. Let's see if he pans out in NY. If Gabby stays healthy he could be one of the most explosive players Broadway has seen since Pavel Bure.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see Hossa to the Hawks for 12 years. Chicago sure is loading up to make a serious run at the Cup

The Wild lose Gabby to the Rangers but get Havlat from the forementioned Blackhawks. Havlat is pretty flash and explosive but not on the same level as Gabby. However Havlat appears to be a much better two-way player. The big simillarity between the two is that they're both fragile.

Also just read that Joe Sakic looks like he's about to retire

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9781098/Report:-Sakic-will-retire-after-20-NHL-seasons

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koivu with Selanne in Anaheim!
That´s going to be a great line to watch.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We lost our captian today, and we lost Kovalev a few days ago. I'm all for the Habs changing directions and all, but it's still hard to say goodbye to these guys. Thanks for the memories.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Jacques Lemaire back in Jersey. Patrik Elias must be groaning. X-man, give us a call.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
terrible coach signing by the devils. this will only set our franchise back. nothing good can come of this signing. it will now be tougher to sign our own guys and no FA's will want to sign here.

i was hoping for mike haviland.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I was hoping the Devils would get Don Lever who we stupidly gave up. He was a former Devils captain too.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Zherdev walks after the Rangers wouldn't meet his salary at arbitration.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let´s bump this thread up!

I´m thrilled that the new NHL season will start here in Finland again.
Helsinki (our capital) is far away from where i live but thank god i can watch ESPN America.

Three more hours and it´s hockey time again!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
as always, i have high hopes for the devils. i'm not worried about this cap BS with the devils, Lou knows what he's doing.

let the kovy/parise era begin!

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmmmm...GO OILERS GO!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
xchazx...Colin White's summer cottage is literally 3 lots down from mine...so I'm practically next door neighbors with an NHLer. My son is four years old, and I believe Colin has a daughter around the same age...I'm thinking "arranged marriage"...he foots the bill for the wedding of course. If they win the cup again, I hope he hosts a big summer bash with the rest of the team....I'm so crashing that party!
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
and so it begins. what a s**t way to start the season. sometimes i don't know why i torture myself.

kev, i also hope you get to see one eyed whitey parade the cup around [Smile]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My season starts tonight.... I've learned to not expect much anymore because I always end up disappointed! We will see....
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
xchazx....yeah he's had a few injuries throughout the years and certainly not a top notch player...but always good to have some hometown roots in the league....also from the very same town is Jon Sim from the Islanders. It's pretty exciting being from a small town and having two NHLers playing in the league.

* Just to clarify....Colin White's beautiful lake side cottage/slash retreat, is three lots down from my.....crusty trailer...but hey...we're looking at the exact same lake! [Wink]

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
i think i can officially close the book on this season.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home