iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That battle last night with Ovie vs. Crosby was worth the price of admission alone. Both players getting hat-tricks. Ovie was just so explosive we almost take it for granted now. Just wish "Gino" Malkin would get his act together.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hearing a lot of TSN hockey analyst getting consideration for the vacant GM job of the Minnesota Wild.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pens are now up 3-2 against the Caps. I think they're gonna take this series. They played really well last night.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detroit kicked some butt....Boston currently up by 2....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We'll see tonight if Chicago and Pittsburgh can close out their respective series tonight. Been some darn good hockey watching of late even though sadly most of the people on here's teams have been eliminated.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detroit is amazing. And I can't believe how far the Ducks have gone since they were down so far before the playoffs.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicago ousted Vancouver last night...first time I got to watch an entire game....a great game. My wish list for Stanley Cup Champs now that Vancouver (the only Canadian team Left) is out...Boston or Chicago....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I think Detroit will repeat, but if I had my choice for a final it would be the Blackhawks vs. the cardiac Canes.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Looks like I spoke too soon. Pittsburgh is going back to Washington for Game 7! Alot of screw-ups, especially when old man Gill blocked the cave behind Fleury, so the Caps could score 2 in a row. Then in overtime, a broken stick cost us the game!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Gotta love game 7s though...I'll be catching this one for sure...again....rootin for Pittsburgh in this series, as Crosby is a Nova Scotia boy....lived only about 1.5 hours away from my place...close enough to do a road trip for the Stanley Cup parade........woot woot.....
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Another game 7....Boston pulls off a win over Carolina...a great game....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Three game 7's in the next few nights, doesn't get much better than that.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Holy crap...Pittsburg kicked some serious butt...wasn't expecting a swamp like that...
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yes kevdug! I didn't expect a game like that either! I thought it was going ot be a close one like the previous games. I really wish Fleury wouldn't have left the cave for that brief second to let Olvechkin score like that. But it was a good game, and since I knew they were going to win it with only 2 minutes left in the game, I was able to break in my new t-shirt so I can wear it for the next series. Whoo-hoo!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Just watching the Boston - Carolina game...into OT...rootin for Boston...I think that would be an awsome semi finals....Detroit vs Chicago...Boston vs. Pittsburg. I would love love love to see a Boston - Chicago final...sorry Pitts....I know on a recent post I was rootin for Pittsburg so I might get to see a Stanley Cup parade w' Crosby brinin' the cup home....but I think Boston - Chicago would be awsome. Ummmm...better wait to see if Boston is even in the semi final. Though...if we see a Detroit - Pittsburg final...I'll root wit ya Pitts!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Douhhhh....spoke too soon....Carolina nabs the OT goal. Still pretty stoked though...4 great teams left...
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I thought the Bruins were going to win when Lucic tied it up, but the cardiac Canes came through (again). Now it's Staal vs. Staal withe the Canes and Pens. And I'm pulling for the upstart Blackhawks to upset the Red Wings.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are talking about a hockey team here in Kansas City. Maybe I'll have to start watching if they do...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Bring back the KC Scouts! Speaking of relocation, there's talk of Phoenix relocating to Southern Ontario.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'm rootin for a Chicago - Pittsburgh final, w' Chicago winning in 6...ohhhh...guess they better take care of the Redwings first!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A Chicago-Pittsbugh final? Man, shades of 1991! Those Red Wings going to be hard to knock off.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
True enough Rip....Chicago = youth, speed, inexperience...Detroit = old geezers who still play great hockey, and have tons of experience. I'll cheer for anyone but Detroit...only because they've snabbed the cup several times in recent years....time for someone else to have a go....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Poor old Blackhawks haven't won since 1961 compared to the Red Wings in 07-08, the Pens in 91-92 and the Canes in 05-06. I'd say they are due in Chi Town.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A big RIP to former Flyer, Blue, Leaf Peter Zezel aged only 44 who died from a rare blood disease yesterday. He had a role in the movie Youngblood too, the scene where the coach tries to take out Rob Lowe because he would be matched up with the goon Racki, Peter Zezel skated to take Lowe's place but he wouldn't come off the ice. Zezel was a good solid two way player in his day, it's a shame.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

kevdug, I sure hope that you are still cheering on the Penguins. We sure need your help! And the refs in game two stunk. There were so many penalties not called against Detroit. Not to be a crybaby, but Staal was hit in the nose,not that he didn't just brush it off; and Talbot's stick got broken resulting in a goal for Detroit. Pens better step it up and win games 3 & 4. And what was up with Fleury in game one- my husband said "take the hook out of him so he stops flopping around!". He looked like a fish out of water flopping around on the ice like that.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home