iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin Landau has passed away at 89.
Posts: 3876 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
R.I.P the great George A Romero who has sadly passed away at the age of 77.

Oh man, this was the first thing i heard after i woke up this morning.. Very sad news indeed ! [Frown]

It's hard to deny the influence of his zombie films, but my favourite will always be Martin (1976).

Posts: 2127 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin is a masterpiece, one of so many Romero masterpieces: Night of the Living Dead, The Crazies, Martin, Dawn of the Dead, Knightriders, Creepshow...Tales from the Darkside... So many great films. The best quote I read honoring Romero was "How many people have created a genre? Romero did."
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all of those Crash. I have never seen Martin.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Zablidowsky (David Z Rock), bass player for Adreniline Mob passed away on Friday in a horrific accident. The Adreniline Mob tour RV had pulled over because of a flat tire, and a tractor trailer crashed into the RV. It then caught fire, injuring 3 band members and their tour manager, and killing David. He also played for Trans Siberian Orchestra for 17 years, and in Z02, the band he formed with his brother Paul and drummer Joey Cassatta. Z02 also had their own semi autobiographical television show for two seasons in 2008-2009 which was quite comical. A great talent lost.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide at age 41.
Posts: 3876 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
John Heard has died at age 72.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"KEVIN!!!! YOU SPENT NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN DOLLARS ON ROOM SERVICE!!!???" Though the role of Peter McCallister wasn't a huge one, Heard definitely helped add a lot to the core Home Alone films. He always did well in his other roles as well.
Posts: 2551 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true !

However, for me personally, it's two other films that immediately come to mind : Cat People (1982) and especially C.H.U.D. (1984),
in which Heard co-starred along with actor and personal friend Daniel Stern, who eventually played Marv in the Home Alone films.

RIP

Posts: 2127 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
"KEVIN!!!! YOU SPENT NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN DOLLARS ON ROOM SERVICE!!!???" Though the role of Peter McCallister wasn't a huge one, Heard definitely helped add a lot to the core Home Alone films. He always did well in his other roles as well.

Man seems like he was too young! He had been looking pretty rough for awhile now. I think part of that may have been my perception of him from his character in Sopranos. I know he was just acting but for some reason, I associated him with that role. Huge fan of Home Alone and will definitely think about him this Christmas.
Posts: 674 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard was a solid actor, quietly amassing many credits without much fanfare. In looking over his long filmography, he did six or seven things a year for years. He was really productive later in his career as a character actor or TV guest star. He's great in Cat People, probably his best leading role, and he had nice turns in a couple of films that I like, DePalma's Snake Eyes and Heaven Help Us.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also remember that he did a good role as one of the Brothers in Heaven Help Us.
Posts: 7357 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Yeah I really liked John Heard and would say he was especially great in Cat People,C.H.U.D and Heaven Help Us but also thought he was good in smaller roles such as the awesome 90s boxing flick Gladiator.

Infact for me he never disappointed in whatever he appeared and was a rather fine actor who was probably not as highly regarded as he should have been!

A couple of his earlier outings I would to get the chance to check out are Best Revenge (1984) and On The Yard from 1978.

Posts: 3514 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Sam Shepard has died at 73 after battling ALS.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Glen Campbell has died after a long battle with Alzheimer's.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

If you are a fan of Glen Campbell. watch I'll Be Me on Netflix, It is a 2011 documentary about his diagnosis with Alzheimer's, and his final tour.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Joseph Bologna has died at 82.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Never actually watched the movie My Favourite Year (1982) for which he seems to receive most plaudits but I did like Joseph Bologna in both Blame It On Rio and The Woman In Red alongside Gene Wilder and Charles Grodin.

Posts: 3514 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was also hilarious in Transylvania 6-5000 as Dr Malavaqua. RIP.
Posts: 7357 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad about all of these. Bologna was underrated. He was great in 'My Favourite Year' parodying Sid Ceasar.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Sonny Landham passed away at age 76. I remember him best as Billy Bear in 48 Hours. He was also in Predator.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Jerry Lewis passed away at 91.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sonny Landham´s cv is one of the strongest ever! RIP.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Bologna was indeed terrific in My Favorite Year, doing Sid Caesar.

Landham was one of those guys who was always recognizable and welcome in any hard-bitten action role.

And divisive as he was, Jerry Lewis was a true comedic legend. When he was funny, he was really, really funny, few better.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Jay Thomas has died at 69.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home