iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » What 90's films did you just get? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What 90's films did you just get?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extreme Justice added on my wanted list.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Upgraded my King Of New York region 1 dvd from Lionsgate to this new Arrow blu-ray / dvd combopack.

Lots of toughguy actors in supporting roles, including Victor Argo, Paul Calderon and Frank Gio
among a cast which also includes Wesley Snipes, David Caruso, Laurence Fishburne and Steve Buscemi.
But this is of course Christopher Walken's show all te way, delivering a powerhouse performance !

Great bonus features, some ported over from previous editions and some new ones, including two commentary tracks,
50 minutes of interviews with director Abel Ferrara and the producer , promotional material, and best of all,
two featurettes / documentaries about Abel Ferrara's career as a filmmaker (one 80 minutes, the other 50 minutes)!

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember that clown though... [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was in the Director's Cut.

Another one for you to order [Razz]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abel ferrara's - The burger king of new York of new York starring Chris walken and Ronald McDonald,that I do have to see!

What's it about? is it a fast food turf war where the burger king of new York aka Chris walken threatens to turn Ronald mcdonald in to French fries if he doesn't wipe that big smile [Smile] of his face.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I myself have seen it but I don't think everyone else is going to impressed with your plot spoiler [Big Grin]
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Burger King goes to war with McDonalds Mayor McCheese becomes the new Don, and the Hamburgler hides a pistol in a Happy meal, spills his fries when he whacks a guy in the elevator. The floors were paved with ketchup that day I tell you.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found this on VHS

Telling You (1998)

where did it come from, never heard of it.
It was okay.

-

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting film, thanks for the info!

Just bought Terminal Bliss (1992)
Anyone seen it?

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Back when he had the right age, someone should have come up with the idea to cast Luke Perry as
James Dean in some sort of biopic. I think he really had the right looks for a role like that.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Definitely!
I wonder why he didn´t do any movies back in the 80s.
He appeared in a few tv-series but not in films.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was pretty good the one he done with Ashley Judd - normal life from 1996,never seen terminal bliss though.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

i got 2 blu rays in a 2 for £11 pounds deal,i got kalifornia (1993),great psycho road flick this with a really good performance from pitt and the excellent jack the ripper thriller - from hell starring johnny depp (not 90s) from 2001.

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

in a 2 for 10 uk pounds deal i got my cousin vinny on blu ray with i know it's not 90s romancing the stone.

-

a little while before that i got jeff burr's 1995 horror night of the scarecrow on blu ray.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

Two great 90s flicks. I'm looking forward to watching them again!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Never seen swingers,but I love beautiful girls,
Saying that don't we all just love beautiful girls

Well I prefer them to the ugly ones anyway [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

last night i ordered the really fun 1991 action flick toy soldiers on blu ray.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

i picked up a new dvd copy of the 1995 brett leonard (lawnmower man) horror thriller - hideaway starring alicia silverstone and jeff golblum.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a movie, but my Husband picked up the entire Twin Peaks box set VHS at a thrift store today. I have a DVD/VHS combo player inherited from my Mother-in-law. I'll rewatch this when he goes away to camp some weekend. (I also have a good DVD player that I can watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc. )
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I could never get into anything made by David Lynch apart from The Elephant Man. Perhaps I am missing something but when I watch something of his I am always left with the feeling of, what the hell was that about? I really do love the theme music for Twin Peaks - it's very good!
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Back when he had the right age, someone should have come up with the idea to cast Luke Perry as
James Dean in some sort of biopic. I think he really had the right looks for a role like that.

He basically played James Dean in 90210. He even drove a Porsche and drove it off a cliff in one episode. I mean, come on! His character was way too complex for a kid going to high school too. I loved the show but his character was unrealistic. I think that Luke Perry should have done better though. He was/is a good actor.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Wonderful, with Matt Dillon, Annabella Sciorra and Mary Louise Parker. Picked this up at a thrift store in my hometown. I liked this movie way back when it came out, even though I am not a romantic movie lover. I've always liked Matt Dillon and Annabella Sciorra, so that must be why I liked this movie. Plus Annabella still has 80's hair in this flick! It's not the best, but it's like able. Mary Louise Parker's character was not very likable to me though. I did like her in the tv series Weeds.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -  -

The Haunting Of Morella (1990) on dvd from Scorpion Releasing, presented in a new HD widescreen transfer.
And even more cheesier, Bloodsucking Pharaohs In Pittsburgh (1991), on blu-ray from UK's 88Films label. [Cool]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Just ordered a australian region 4 DVD of the 1990 comedy - crazy people starring dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home