iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Tommy Boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tommy Boy
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought the "Holy Schnikes" edition of this. It stars the much missed Chris Farley and David Spade. Great 90s comedic flick...

Farley: "Alot of people stay in school for 7 years."

Spade: "Yeah they're called doctors."

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fat guy in a little coat"
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hey Richard whose your favorite Little Rascal is it Spanky?"
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So you're driving, you're driving, you're driving...TRUCK TIRE!!! I CAN'T STOP, YAEERRRGGHHH!!! There's a cliff: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! And Mom and the kids are yelling, 'OH MY GOD, WE'RE BURNING ALIVE!!!!! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'"
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Spade: "We don't take no..."
Farley: "S h i t off anybody?"

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gilligan, did you eat The Skipper?

That's gonna leave a Mark.

Nice to see Rob Lowe and Bo Derek.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

"I can actually hear you getting fatter."
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a funny one! Chris Farley was so funny! To bad he met his demise so early in life.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWAHA! I love this movie. Especially the deer scene.

"I've never seen one up close before . . ."

"You know that thing in the back of the car? That's not an air freshener, that's a rotting deer carcass."

Or when the hood of the car flies up when they're driving.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I have a pain on my face. Not so much over here, or over here, more in this area. Do you see anything?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

or when Farley bends the car door in over the gas tank and then plays it cool till Spade opens the door and Farley acts like Spade screwed it up...

"Whad Ya do?"

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie too. Chris Farley just had something about him that made him a very lovable loser type. The chemistry between farley and Spade was awesome. Their timing was incredible.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

What do ya mean?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, Spade's more than proved that he's practically nothing without Farley. They were one of the most underrated comic teams in recent memory.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Everytime I hear the song "Maniac" I think about Rob Lowe hosing Farley down with gas at the gas station and laugh my a s s off...
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Sammy Hain:
I love this movie too. Chris Farley just had something about him that made him a very lovable loser type. The chemistry between farley and Spade was awesome. Their timing was incredible.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

What do ya mean?

Couldn't agree more.

I'll be the first to admit, it's a silly movie. But, it's one of those that's perfect to watch after you've had a long day at school/work and just want to relax, for instance.

Tommy can be a little dimwitted sometimes, but you can't help but like him and want him to succeed. Besides, I think Richard was there to say to him what we all would've wanted to (David Spade is the perfect smart**s!).

Despite being a goofy comedy, there were a few (albeit minor) touching, sad/serious scenes which made it relatable.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of Chris Farley's movies were silly but that's what made them so great. You could watch them and laugh your *** off. You didn't have to figure out a plot because there wasn't one. They were just funny. God bless Chris Farley.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of Chris Farley's better movies. Very funny, although my hubby tends to wear it out..lol....but I always laugh. Chris Farley definately left a BIG mark on us!! LOL
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love his cameo in Billy Madison.

"NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!!"

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Tommy Boy (1995) the first time and holy schnikes what i´ve missed! This is a comedy classic!
Chris Farley and David Spade have perfect chemistry and the jokes just keep on coming.
Anyone noticed that there´s lots of Planes, Trains and Automobiles in this film? The whole trip is fantastic and the car suffers badly [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm probably in the minority. I'm going to have to give this another chance I guess. After viewing it, I found a few scenes very funny and the rest wasn't anygood. The Carpenters scene in the car with Spade and Farley singing Superstar, the deer scene and Farley giving Spade grief about something, I don't even remember what it was about, something sexual I believe. Perhaps its one of those that the more you see it the more you like it.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
I'm probably in the minority. I'm going to have to give this another chance I guess. After viewing it, I found a few scenes very funny and the rest wasn't anygood. The Carpenters scene in the car with Spade and Farley singing Superstar, the deer scene and Farley giving Spade grief about something, I don't even remember what it was about, something sexual I believe. Perhaps its one of those that the more you see it the more you like it.

That's true. The more you see it, the more classic the lines and scenes are. I've heard someone else say that too.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Jakey V. Im in. If I can find a vhs copy.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tommy Boy" was hilarious! Definitely one of the funniest movies ever made; I laughed out loud during numerous scenes; Farley & David Spade worked great together, and the humor was very much in your face.

Farley was also very funny in the SNL skit about the "motivational" speaker who lived "in a van down by the river".

Too bad Farley passed on so young; I wonder what other comedic gems he would have come up with if he had lived...

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
For one, he was slated originally to be the voice of Shrek, and while it's hard to imagine anyone topping Mike Myers's phenomenal take on the character, one does have to wonder what Farley would have brought to everyone's favorite ogre.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never heard that about Shrek! Thanks for sharing Chris. I love Tommy Boy. If it's on tv, you have to stop and watch it!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home