iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Best movie of the 90's (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best movie of the 90's
Esh1970
Rewind Curious
Member # 2118

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Esh1970   Email Esh1970   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the ones I'd choose have already been listed....also loved The Chase (1994) with Charlie Sheen....A Walk In The Clouds (1995) with Keanu Reeves - I had never even heard of this one till my Mom and I found it on cable one rainy day and had nothing better to watch. hehe Now it's one of my favorites. It does seem like the further we get from the 80's the crummier the movies get for the most part. There are some gems here and there, though. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9 | From: FL | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick N
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick N   Email Nick N   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Pie
Titanic
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Scream
Save The Last Dance (2000)

Posts: 100 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Innocent Man-Tom Selleck
The Juror-Demi Moore
Suspect-Cher
Presummed Innocent-Harrison Ford
Deceived-Goldie Hawn

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Home Alone. It's a good family film for Christmas time. It's one of the only films made in the 90s that I even rememeber.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a block-buster action-flick mainstream movie-goer, so two of my favorite '90s movies are "The Piano" and "Sense & Sensibility." If a movie doesn't play at the local alternative cinema, it's not something I'm likely to see. I don't have a lot of time for movie-going due to being a single working mom, so it better be worth my money. Better popcorn than a mall theater, plus home-made cakes & biscotti...what's not to like?
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh those are two great films! I love Sense and Sensability. My olser sister's favorite movie is The Piano.

See I forgot about those films. There are tons that were made in the 90s but my brain is clogged and I haven't been able to think of anything.

I'll probably remember all the films I liked in the 90s ten years from now.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Office Space" is great.

One time, one of the idiots in my office sent an All Staff e-mail because someone had confiscated HER STAPLER...she knew it was HER STAPLER by some identifying characteristic...would the culprit please return HER STAPLER immediately to its rightful owner without fear of retribution.

So this guy send another e-mail alluding to Milton and his missing stapler...I almost LMAO at the time...but I think only he & I "got" the subversive message. Oh, the humanity that is life and thank god for movies to help us get through it!

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm...let me think...in no particular order,

Sleepers
Edward Scissorhands
Boon Dock Saints
American History X
Empire Records
Dazed and Confused
All I wanna Do
Schindlers List
Clueless
The Doors
Cruel intentions
10 things I hate About you
Dogfight
Sneakers
Crybaby
Young guns two
Pump Up The Volume
and...
Indian Summer

some are post 90's, but you get the point.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops forgot a few,

Virgin Suicides
Almost Famous
and
Dangerous Beauty

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
River,
I didn't like any of those movies, on your list,-we really have completely different tastes in movies except Virgin Suicides, which was completely depressing. The best thing about it was the soundtrack. Man, did Kathleen Turner look old. I loved her in The War of the Roses-I loved that house.

I hated The Piano, I gave that one away-I don't know why I bought it, and I bought Forrest Gump without ever seeing it, and that movie stinks, I hate Tom Hanks's voice in it, and it was so depressing, and when his mom-Sally Field-took the teacher in to mess around with him, to get her kid in to school while he stood there listening-that was gross, and I didn't find her to be a great role model mother. Life is like a box of chocolates...the end should have been: it all starts to look like crap.

I didn't really like any of the Tom Hanks movies that won him the oscars...I liked him in comedies like:
Big
Turner and Hooch
Splash
Bachelor Party
The Money Pit
Castaway, and Philadelphia, and the Green Mile, were too depresiing, and I didn't even like the stories at all. Especially Castaway, Helen Hunt shouldn't have replaced him in her life so easily.. a few years is not a long time to mourn a person.

My favorite 90's movies..and one of my all time favorites that I never get tired of is Frequency-that is a great movie-that movie is about hope, and it is sad, but with a great ending, and it is thrilling. It has everything in it, it is so well done, even though it is not ever possible-that is what is cool about it, the idea of what if it could be??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I liked Sleepers. It depressed me because it was supposedly based on a true story. I thought the acting was good and very believable. It's just not a film I can watch more than once.

I'm not really a Brad Pitt fan but he's in some decent films. I also liked Seven. I hate Thelma and Louise. I just never got that one.

Lady Depp
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 317

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Depp   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Depp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sandlot was the best movie ever from the 90s
Posts: 26 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh yeah! I forgot about that movie! I thought that was so cute! I think that was an underrated film. I just watched it again recently on HBO. The part where they do the chewing tabacco at the fair always cracks me up! [Big Grin]
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
A '90s movie I really love is "One False Move" which was written by Billy Bob Thornton...he also played one of the bad guys. I think this is the first time I recognized Bill Paxton outside of "Weird Science" and I was rather impressed.

The casting person for this movie went to grade school with my brother, so I guess I have "hometown pride" for it...but I like the story on many levels.

This was Billy Bob's breakthru after starving in Hollywood for a few years. I think he actually made enuf money on it to help finance "Slingblade" a few years later. That's a good one too...who knew John Ritter could do so well?

Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are tons of movies in the 90's that were good, but the two that stick out are The Usual Suspects and Seven.

Excellent writing and perfectly cast films.

Shawshank Redemption was great, too.

And Happy Gilmore...cuz it makes me laaaaaauugh!

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
endanger
Rewind Curious
Member # 2244

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for endanger   Email endanger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
american psycho
romper stomper
la haine
pulp fiction
once were warriors
and the crow all stood out for me.

Posts: 4 | From: leicester,england | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was just reading the posts and i dint think anyone mentioned Suburbia??? cuz that was a good one.

and Hackers. i love Hackers. i dont care what anyone says.

Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels is another one of my favorites, all Nicholas Cage films...
Along with most of the films that have already been mentioned...

Pulp fiction
True Romance
Reservoir dogs
Leon
Trainspotting
Goodrfella's
Saving private ryan
Thin Red Line
Forrest Gump
Happy Gilmore
Human Traffic (Although i think that was 2000) ETC
Natural Born Killers of course.

[ 09. January 2004, 06:47: Message edited by: Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit ]

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jun
Rewind Curious
Member # 2314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jun   Email jun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Forrest Gump a lot. The presentation of the film is very great.
Posts: 1 | From: Philippines | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must've posted a top 5 already, but never mind. 'Forrest Gump' was unbearably annoying especially when you look at the talent involved (just goes to prove that they should leave the serious stuff to guys like Oliver Stone) only Gary Sinise made it watchable.

I'm surprised all the 80's people keep overlooking Kevin Smith, he was John Hughes on weed in the 90's: Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob strike back; all classics, even Mallrats is somewhat of a cult fav these days.

HF TOP 5 OVERLOOKED FILMS OF THE 90S

1)living in oblivion
2)swimming with sharks
3)glengerry/glenross
4)gremlins 2: the new batch
5)three kings

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie9
Rewind Curious
Member # 2343

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Stephie9   Email Stephie9       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best movie of the 90's would either have to be Forrest Gump or Apollo 13!!!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Darko
Rewind Curious
Member # 2367

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Danny Darko   Email Danny Darko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best two films of the 90's have to be Beutieful Girls and A River Runs Through It.

Another question who areyourfavourite actors of the nineties and in which films?

Posts: 2 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
materialgirl347
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2194

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for materialgirl347   Email materialgirl347   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BILLY MADISON
I couldn/t believe some of Adam Sandlers othe movies were on here and this one wasn't, its the greatest! Also...

The Usual Suspects
Goodfellas
Dazed and Confused
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
Last Man Standing
The Whole Nine Yards
The Wedding Singer
Never Been Kissed
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
Half Baked
Office Space

Posts: 99 | From: mass | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beet
Rewind Curious
Member # 2471

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Beet   Email Beet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are all good choices however I'm surprised only one person I saw mentioned Schindler's List. This is considered the best of the '90s by the critics but may be too serious for many, and doesn't really fit the 'zeitgeist' of the decade. But then again neither did the Breakfast Club...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7red7
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2473

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 7red7   Email 7red7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a three way tie:

Singles
Threesome
Glory Daze

DAN

Posts: 23 | From: La Puente California | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home