iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Best movie of the 90's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best movie of the 90's
Gary Coleman For Governor
Rewind Curious
Member # 1853

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gary Coleman For Governor   Email Gary Coleman For Governor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Movie: Terminator 2
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point Breakf
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
finally...some interest in the 90s, awesome. goooood movies in this decade....

obviously the previously mentioned tarintino and kevin smith films. staples of the 90s.
plus wes anderson, bottle rocket is the best!!!!

cant forget...

wedding singer
trainspotting
the big lebowsky
fear
the craft
half-baked
a league of their own
encino man, bio-dome, in the army now...
desert blue
pecker
foxfire
fight club
go
cruel intentions
i could keep going.....
oh yeah, i used to love Singles. i dont why i watched it so much. [Big Grin]

Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is hard because I'm "diving" so much in the eighties that I don't think I can remember a movie from the 90's that I really liked... but hmm...

First I don't know the year it was made, either 90's or 00's but it has to be one of my all time favourite movies - The Virgin Suicides - because its supposed to be in the 70's and I think its perfectly recreated plus the soundtrack is just amazing.

Then other movies...
hm.. "Seven" was good and so as "Cruel Intentions" and this horror gore flick -> Braindead AKA Dead Alive wass cool too =)

Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dazed and Confused
Pulp Fiction
There's Something About Mary
South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut
Happy Gilmore
Detroit Rock City
Twister(even though this one loses alot of awesomeness at home compared to the theater)

Best Concert

Kiss Reunion tour '96-'97

Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T2 & The Usual Suspects [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Green Mile' (1999)
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sandlot
Forrest Gump
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion

Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i forgot one. wild america is awesome too.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE BEST FILM OF THE 90'S AND FOREVER IS NATURAL BORN KILLERS.
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulp Fiction
True Romance
Swingers
MallRats
Clerks
Shakes The Clown (doesn't get any funnier than clowns drunk off their a**)

That's all I can think of right now..

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
Unlawful Entry
Presummed Innocent
The Fugitive
In the Line of Fire
Ghost
The Bodyguard
Dying Young
Frankie & Johnny
Pacific Heights
Pretty Woman
Sleeping with the Enemy
The War of the Roses
Stakeout
Tango & Cash
Ace Venture-Pet Decetive
The Craft
Single White Female
The River Wild
Silence of the Lambs
Jurassic Park

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terminator800
Rewind Curious
Member # 1948

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for terminator800   Email terminator800   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorites in the 90's are...

Terminator 2
Boyz N The Hood
Goodfellas
Edward Scissorhands
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Brasco
Menace II Society
American History X

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Axl
Rewind Curious
Member # 47

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Axl   Email Axl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 90s....ummmm were there any? kidding....
True Romance
Killing Zoe
The Matrix
Red Rock West
Species
13th Floor
Seven

Posts: 5 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Axl
Rewind Curious
Member # 47

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Axl   Email Axl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And add Goodfellas, Eyes Wide Shut & King of New York (or was that '89?)
Posts: 5 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just scanned this post, and don't believe that it's gone so far without anyone mentioning Pump Up The Volume cos that's top of anyone's list.

Others for me would be LA Confidential with Kevin Spacey, Kim Basinger, and the excellent and underrated Guy Pearce, Groundhog Day with Bill Murray and the delicious Andie McDowell, and alittle teem comedy called Eight Days A Week, which I have just reviewed at another site - The Spinning Image [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good call on LA Confidential. I absolutly LOVE Guy Pearce!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I have to go with Groundhog Day also, since I did grow up in the town it was based on, me and Punxsy Phil are as tight as can be!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents best friends live in the town it was filmed in!!! [Big Grin] Woodstock, Illinois!!!! They used to owm a beautiful house that would have made a great B&B!!! [Wink] Go Groundhog Day!!!
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
TresFoxy-they did recreate Punxsutawney really well, the 2 towns are very similar, so that was actually cool. My grandpa lived on Cherry Street- where they put the Bed N Breakfast that Bill Murray stayed in. My friend from high school helped give factual information for the film, and his brother was an extra in the movie. Punxsutawney is all about the Ground Hog, in high school we were the Woodchucks, and are rivals were The Beavers. We had a Groundhog King and Queen. Every year for Groundhog Day, they get around 30,000 people there, it's crazy. I went to Gobblers Knob in high school with my foreign exchange student, and it is no fun to get out there in the freezing cold at around 5am, to watch them pull poor Phil out of his fake tree stump. Oh, well it is cool to come from a town that everyone knows about though.
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true it is nice to be nationally know for such a nice thing. Who doesn't love cuddly groundhogs. Just think of "Caddyshack" My town is know for nothing. We are often called Deadford instead of Redford because nothing ever goes on here. Well actually my town has made two claims to fame but both of them were very negative! I really liked staying in Woodstock though and if the real town of Puxatawny(sp?) is as nice as Woodstock then I'm sure I would love to visit there! As for my High School I went to R.U. High!!!! [Big Grin] Most people find that absolutely hilarious but it's really my school's name we were the panthers though....
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Swan   Email Swan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a dozen of my choices have already been mentioned. The only one I haven't seen listed here would be Jason's Lyric. I love this movie. It really struck a chord with me on many different levels. Probably my favorite love story. [Smile]
Posts: 22 | From: japan | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
totallyradchick
Rewind Curious
Member # 2048

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for totallyradchick   Email totallyradchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE, SLEEPERS(BRAD PITT, JASON PATRICK),PUMP UP THE VOLUME, KUFFS, INVENTING THE ABBOTTS(BILLY CRUDUP aka Jacey very sexy), BENNY AND JOON,DAZED AND CONFUSED,EMPIRE RECORDS(GREAT SOUNDTRACK),EDWARD SCISSORHANDS,SEVEN, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION,NOW AND THEN, B.STROKERS DRACULA YEAH VERY COOL. Reality bites was cool too...Most of the others I like have already been posted above...Oh yeah i also liked BED OF ROSES.....ALTHOUGH I LIKE ALL OF THE MOVIES I MENTIONED ABOVE MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF THE NINETIES IS DEFINETELY "THE CROW" I REALLY LOVE THAT MOVIE [Smile] AND THE SOUNDTRACK IS PRETTY COOL!
Posts: 5 | From: Waukegan, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
totallyradchick
Rewind Curious
Member # 2048

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for totallyradchick   Email totallyradchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY- I GET CARRIED AWAY SOMETIMES [Eek!] dIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE SO MUCH [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Waukegan, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I loved Kuffs and Bed of Roses too, those were 2 great movies.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home