iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Coffy (1973) Pam Grier

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffy (1973) Pam Grier
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

No one sleeps when they mess with Coffy!
Just watched this classic blaxploitation flick again.

Directed by Jack Hill (Foxy Brown, Switchblade Sisters)
Starring Pam Grier, Booker Bradshaw and the great Robert DoQui as King George.

Never seen the all-white remake Lovely but Deadly (1981) but sure would love to.

They just released this here with new cover art
and of course i had to buy it [Smile]

-

[ 23. March 2010, 04:28: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I love Pam Grier. My favorites are COFFY and FOXY BROWN. Hmmm..neither of those look like the VHS cover I had.

I wanna see LOVELY BUT DEADLY too but lets face it, thats probably NEVER gonna get the DVD treatement. Wed have to buy used VHS

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Pam Grier too. It seems that they have been showing alot of the Blaxpoitation movies lately on THIS. Also I think they had some Ondemand. I loved Pam Grier in her comeback role in Jackie Brown.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, aTomiK... have you seen the Hong Kong remake, Drug Connection aka The Sexy Killer??

It is pretty decent, made in 1976 by the Shaw Brothers studio.

-

-

-

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven´t seen that one JAY LEE but i´m interested!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you know of let alone have read the "Coffy" review for the 70s Movies Rewind?

http://70s.fast-rewind.com/coffy.htm

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I didn´t even remember that site existed!
Thanks for reminding LwC [Cool]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
JAY LEE, i just watched The Sexy Killer.
Excellent flick!

I loved the crime boss, one of the sleaziest dudes ever [Cool]
This is just how a remake should be done:
More skin, more blood and more craziness [Smile] [Smile]

This was my first Shaw Bros movie for a long time and now i need more!!

Thanks man!

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, glad you liked it. Yeah, most def a competent remake. And you're right, the boss is one perveted *******!

Almost the entire Shaw film library was remastered by Celestial. And there are tons of awesome flicks and hidden gems from all genres (not just kung fu) from their golden era of 1965-1985.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffy is a lot of fun. Pam is just great.
I like the Shaw Bros. movies too btw, especially the ones directed by Chia-Liang Liu and Cheh Chang.

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffy and a couple other Pam Grier films are on my favorite ondemand channel right now IMPACT for free if anyone is interested! [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Coffy once again and this time from the Arrow blu-ray.
It includes nice Hill and Grier interviews and excellent 30 minute introduction to blaxploitation films documentary.

And yeah, the movie still smokes!

Gotta love this outfit Pam wears during the catfight scene and check out King George in his ultracool pimp costume [Smile]
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home