iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Best 70's movie ever (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best 70's movie ever
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is some great list up here. Some of mine are:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Bad News Bears
Halloween
Escape From Alcatraz
The Sting
The Cincinatti Kid(1965 but close enough)
plus many from the ones you guys posted

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You gotta love:

Saturday Night Fever

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
You gotta love:

Saturday Night Fever

Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should only be eating one pork chop...then you wouldn't need your hair hit.

[Razz]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
You should only be eating one pork chop...then you wouldn't need your hair hit.

[Razz]

hehehehe...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
[Wink]
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many good ones, and I guess by genre, I'd personally pick

Best Horror: "The Exorcist"
Best Drama: "The Godfather", runner-up: "Rocky"
Best Thriller: "Taxi Driver"
Best Comedy: "Blazing Saddles"
Best Musical: "Grease"
Best Animated: "Charlotte's Web" or "Jungle Book"

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Exorcist quickly came to mind, so I guess I'll pick that as my favorite '70s movie.

Captain Howdy made me do it.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Another one of my favorite 70's movies is:

Brubaker

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many great movies here. Smokey and the Bandit is just awesome(my nick comes from that one)But still i am very surprised nobody mentioned my favorite [Roll Eyes]

The best one? No doubt about it:1979 ALIEN [Cool]

Regards

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesteryear67
Rewind Curious
Member # 7386

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Yesteryear67   Email Yesteryear67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the song remains the same
Oh yes, that's the greatest 70's movie of all time. It should have won an oscar. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All things considered, I'd have to say Apocalypse Now.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this guy of Logans Run fame in a pub about 30 mins from where I live - just outside London few months ago Michael Anderson,

www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/5357/docthumb.jpg

Been in there loads of times and didnt know he was a regualar, his getting on a bit apparently he likes to sing a little bit in there, not on a mic or anything, just from the comfort of his chair, I have a very brief chat with him.

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kase79
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7609

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kase79   Email Kase79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Conversation
The French Connecton
Serpico
Get Carter
Chinatown

Posts: 19 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, the best movie of the 70's is "The Godfather".

Some other honorable mentions:

The Godfather Part II
M*A*S*H*
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Deliverance
The Sting

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would have to agree with you on the godfather also, then one flew over the cukoo's nest, deliverance, the sting , serpico
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Slowack
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7679

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Michael Slowack   Email Michael Slowack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky? Come on guys, we can do better than that.
The Wicker Man. Now we are talking.

Posts: 12 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home