iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » how many can you name? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: how many can you name?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many 80s movies can you name with

1. A pirate it in

2. A blonde bimbo as a main or secondary character

3. A main character dies

4. ends in marriage

5. About saving the world

6. Has a robot / cyborg in it

Only 1 answer per question permitted to give others a chance.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Goonies
2. The Toy - Theresa Ganzel
3. MASK
4. ****tail (I Think)
5. War Games
6. Short Circut

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant remember if c&%ktal ends in marraige or not actually - great call on The Toy Kev awsome. I wonder how many more people will get on the pirate - i can only think of 4 others.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good post Willy...

Right here goes...

1.The Princess Bride (1987)

2.Mischief (1985)

3.An American Werewolf in London (1981)

4.Spaceballs (1989)

5.Howard The Duck (1986)

6.The Terminator (1984)

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Pirate Movie
2. Misty Rowe in Meatballs, Part II
3. Dead Zone
4. It Takes Two
5. Dead Zone
6. Cyborg (!)

[ 21. September 2010, 18:20: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread!

1 - Fast Times At Ridgemont High!
2 - Back to School (that blonde swim team guy is a bit of a bimbo!)
3 - To Live & Die In LA
4 - Bird On A Wire
5 - Terminator
6 - Wall Street!

Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. SUMMER RENTAL
2. CASUAL SEX (Victoria Jackson counts as a 'bimbo', right?)
3. THE OUTSIDERS
4. MYSTIC PIZZA (think someone marries in that)
5. TERMINATOR
6. SPACE CAMP

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh ****! someone already said "TERMINATOR" /

hmmmm......I have to think of another "Save The World" one. Can I cheat and say NIGHT OF THE COMET? It was sorta too late to "save" the world in that one but they planned on starting a NEW one!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
How many 80s movies can you name with ...

1. A pirate it in - The Princess Bride

2. A blonde bimbo as a main or secondary character - The Princess Bride (Buttercup wasn't the sharpest knofe in the drawer... )

3. A main character dies - The Princess Bride (Vizzini, Count Rugen)

4. ends in marriage - The Princess Bride (well, there's a wedding)

5. About saving the world - The Princess Bride (all the world we know about is Florin and Guilder)

6. Has a robot / cyborg in it - The Pri.... ok, you got me on that one......

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. A pirate in it - The Corsican Brothers (Cheech and Chong)
2. A blonde bimbo - Bo Derek in Tarzan (sorry...just sayin')
3. Main Character Dies - Poor Mick...Rocky 3
4. Ends In Marriage - Mannequin
5. Saving The World - Hello....GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
6. Has A robot/cyborg - Hmmmm...Robocop

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. A pirate it in - The Island
2. A blonde bimbo as a main or secondary character - Splash
3. A main character dies - Platoon - Willem Dafoe
4. ends in marriage - Think Flash Gordon
5. About saving the world - Flash Gordon
6. Has a robot / cyborg in it - Blade Runner

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ok, here goes,

1) Ice Pirates
2) The Blonde that sings Duke of Earl in The Man with 2 Brains
3) Pet Semetary
4) The Muppets Take Manhattan
5) Spaceballs 1-800-Druidia
6) See ABOVE

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Has a robot / cyborg in it - The Pri.... ok, you got me on that one......
LOL sorry Paul, you were doing so unbeleivably well too.

quote:
6 - Wall Street!
oh nice! Thinking outside the box, i like it! ratin you for that.

quote:
Can I cheat and say NIGHT OF THE COMET?
I didnt see a thing.

quote:
4) The Muppets Take Manhattan
Very nice Devo!

quote:
3.An American Werewolf in London (1981)

Nice McFly...thats what came to my mind when i wrote that question...bad moon risin

quote:
5. Saving The World - Hello....GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
darn it kev i missed that one totally...talk about the obvious...ahhhhhhhhhh

just awsome guys...If there are any obvious ones feel free to point them out coz im struggling now.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
1. Pirate - Gotta be a pirate in one of the Indiana Jones Movies?
2. Blonde Bimbo - Dolly Parton in Rhinstone
3. A Main Chacacter Dies - Apollo Creed Rocky 4, Chevy Chase in Oh Heavenly Dog
4. Ends In Marriage - Doesn't Daddy Warbucks marry Grace at the end and adopt Annie?
5. Saves The World - The Moster Squad and Top Secret
6. Robot - The Black Hole

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this idea Willy!

I'm so drawing a blank since everyone has come up with so many good answers.....if you think up a new one i'm all over it [Smile]

Just wanted to give you kudos!

Paul hilarious!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Yellowbeard
2. Who's that Girl (Madonna)
3. The Shining
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Warlock
6. D.A.R.Y.L.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
6 - Wall Street!
oh nice! Thinking outside the box, i like it! ratin you for that.

Haha, thanks, and i'm rating you for making this cool thread! Keep them coming!
Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
4. MYSTIC PIZZA (think someone marries in that)
Im really not sure about the ending of this one as its been ages since ive seen it. I know boy meets girl loses girl etc but not sure about marriage???
quote:
Haha, thanks, and i'm rating you for making this cool thread! Keep them coming!
thanks...will think of another.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I love this idea Willy!

I'm so drawing a blank since everyone has come up with so many good answers.....if you think up a new one i'm all over it [Smile]

Just wanted to give you kudos!

Paul hilarious!

Yeah Paul almost had all of them with Princess bride there...thats an achievement...love the dread pirate roberts. Thanks for the Kudos..thats the first time ive ever been given it and now i know what its like ...freakin awsome Muffy!
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Waitin for valley and Logan and lovers and secret to make an appearance now. Im sure Logans got a few up his sleeve...should have nicknamed him Joker.
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Pirate - different kind of pirate, but Mac from "Hot Pursuit"
2. Blonde Bimbo - Debra Ann Fimple from "Secret Admirer"
3. A Main Character Dies - Bobby from "The Heavenly Kid"
4. Ends In Marriage - Ginny and her Bohunk from "Sixteen Candles"
5. Saves The World - Jack Burton from "Big Trouble In Little China"
6. Robot - The Killbots from "Chopping Mall"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
5. Saves The World - Jack Burton from "Big Trouble In Little China"

OH YEAH! We really shook the pillars of heaven didnt we wang?
Great call valley, off to watch it now.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. A pirate it in - Nate and Hayes (1983)

2. A blonde bimbo - Lynn-Holly Johnson in Where the Boys Are '84

3. A main character dies - Taps (1981)

4. ends in marriage - I remember that there was a wedding in Fandango (1985)

5. About saving the world - They Live (1988)

6. Has a robot / cyborg in it - Rocky IV (1985)

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirate---------------Brad Hamilton in Fast Times
Blonde bimbo---------Kate Capshaw in Indy Jones & the Temple of Doom
Main character dies---Six Weeks
Ends in Marriage------Overboard, I think
Save the world--------Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Robot/cyborg----------Bishop from Aliens

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirate - The Pirate Movie (1982)
Blonde bimbo - Daryl Hannah in Legal Eagles (1986)
Main character dies - Robert Downey, Jr. in Less Than Zero (1987)
Ends in marriage - Coming to America (1988)
Save the world - Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)
Robot/cyborg - Cherry 2000 (1987)

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home