iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Love my way, its a new rule! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Love my way, its a new rule!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Basically, yes. It's the instrumental version of 'Dr. Mabuse', which they called 'Abuse'.
Gotcha!

quote:
Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat?
"Sell him your soul!"
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Sell him your soul!"
Never look back!

Did we yet mention the Top Gun volleyball scene with 'Playin With The Boys'?

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did we yet mention the Top Gun volleyball scene with 'Playin With The Boys'?
I've never understood why people think the movie has a gay subtext.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm im sure thats typical logan humour - but ya never can tell...ill go with sarcasm on this one Logan.

did i win did i win???? huh Huh did i?

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure your right on the sarcasm HA!

That Top Gun montage is one of my favs but i'm a girl [Wink] and man they were sweaty!

I have a different Revenge of the Nerds pick.....when they clean the house and 'One Foot in Front of the Other' plays.........I even remember laughing so hard at Family Guy when they made fun of that montage complete with robot [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
hmmmm im sure thats typical logan humour - but ya never can tell...ill go with sarcasm on this one Logan.

did i win did i win???? huh Huh did i?

The single most homoerotic scene in mainstream cinema history.

quote:
That Top Gun montage is one of my favs but i'm a girl [Wink] and man they were sweaty!
'Oiled' I think is the word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbjpEMBTYU&feature=related

Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
can anyone tell me if AHA had any of their songs released in any movies? What about Duran Duran?
There was James bond View to a kill main title theme.
Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
another memorable scene from valley girl (for me) is when julie and randy first kiss when the plimsouls are playing a million miles away in stage.

Ronnie this has always been one of my top favorites....scene 13 on the DVD haha

It's how having the Plimsouls playing and how even 'Everywhere at Once' makes the scene too. Randy and his "So when can I see you again?"
"Really Randy why don't you wait until the end of the evening to say these things?"
"It's the way I feel it's what I want"

It captures that feeling you get when you first meet someone you really like...the nervousness...the smiles back an forth..."I just can't explain it you know" haha even in Valley girl speak. OMG I love it and sometimes I can watch just that scene.

If the Plimsouls weren't there I really don't think the scene would be nearly as affective as it is. [Big Grin]

Can you guys think of more scenes where there are actual bands playing?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does the "its a new rule!" portion of this thread's title mean? I've been wondering it from the start.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
What does the "its a new rule!" portion of this thread's title mean? I've been wondering it from the start.

I noticed but didn't want to be the one to point it out! haha where is a misheard lyrics website when you need one??

"hold me closer Tony Danza"

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched Some Kind of Wonderful today....and i've always loved when they play The Rolling Stones version of Miss Amanda Jones when everyone is getting ready for the evening.... Amanda and Watts primping....Keith singing in the shower....and I love love love when Watts and Amanda's heads spin upwards towards the end....awesome montage [Smile]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I noticed but didn't want to be the one to point it out! haha where is a misheard lyrics website when you need one??

"hold me closer Tony Danza"

Muffy.. you just explained why you're not a fan of "Almost Famous". btw, if my plane is going down.. I won't be singing this tune for sure now.. I hope!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home