iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Love my way, its a new rule! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Love my way, its a new rule!
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering what movie scene with music people really liked. Our decade had a fabulous array of movies together with some great music. when these were combined together it created the right mood and also some pretty memorable scenes which just hit the right spot for us. Love my way in valley girl is a great example. Send me an angel in RAD is another.
Tell us all what you think really worked or did it for you. For me i loved the song No easy way out playing when sly stallone was driving his car in rocky 4.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another memorable scene from valley girl (for me) is when julie and randy first kiss when the plimsouls are playing a million miles away in stage.

another favorite of mine is in modern girls when cece and bruno x go to kiss and the club is playing weak in the presence of beauty in the background.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. the "send me an Angel" school dance scene was good in RAD...But I think the qualifying race scenes with John Farnham's "Thunder in your Heart" Blasting behind it is far better and by far probably the best music montage scene in the whole film.

2. The Michael & Star Love scene in "Lost Boys" with Gerard Mcmann's "Cry Little Sister" playing has always been one that stood out for me.

3. The famous Phoebe Cates pool scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High to The Cars "Moving in Stereo" is also another classic moment.

4. The great training montage scene in Rocky 4 to Cafferty's "Hearts on Fire". How can you not get pumped when blasting this scene? Honorable mention to Willy's "No Easy Way Out" scene choice from the same film too.

5. In pretty much the same tone as #4 on my list..#5 goes to the great climactic scene in The Karate Kid. Like "Hearts on Fire", Joe Esposito's "The Best Around" just has 80's montage written all over it...but it's still a great jam that also can get you pumped.

6. The limo scene from "The Secret of my Success" staring Michael J. Fox where the song "Oh Yeah" by Yello is playing while the Boss's wife, (later to be revealed as his Aunt Vera), is seducing him from the back seat of the limo. The song "Oh Yeah" by Yello was used in quite a few different 80's movies besides this one. But it's use for this particular scene here, in my opinion, was far more effective and it just seemed to be the perfect song for the scene to make it that much more funny.

7. Madonna Dancing to her own song "Get into the Groove" in Desperately Seeking Susan has always been pretty funny to me.

8. Another one that's always been one of my favs is the scene from The Breakfast Club where the kids are running through the school hallways trying to avoid being spotted by the principal. The song "Fire in the Twilight" by Wang Chung is being played in this scene..and I think it makes an otherwise pretty boring and mundane scene alot better and more fun to watch.

9. For my 9th pick. I'm not gonna choose a particular song. Instead, I'll just say my #9 is the brilliant John Williams movie score soundtrack to the entire Indiana jones movie trilogy. And if this list weren't just completely random, John Williams would be much higher on my list. If I had to choose a favorite orchestral piece at gunpoint from the entire series as a favorite, it would probably be the great composition playing during the final climactic scene in "Raider of the Lost Ark" where they open the ark and all the spirits start flying around.

10. Danny Elfman's score for the first "Batman" movie will top off my list for now. I still love the entire score soundtrack of this movie..and it's still easily one of Elfman's best to date IMO. The compostion playing during the Waltz scene between Vicky Vail & The Joker toward the end of the film would have to be my favorite piece.

...Ok..there's a rough top 10 from me..though this list is in no way etched in stone. It's actually pretty random and I just listed the films and songs that came to mind as I was typing.

[ 17. May 2010, 16:41: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pyro, your list just rocks big time. Your spot on with KK - best around - that IS awsome. And the training montage with hearts on fire in rocky 4 is montage of all montages really. Im rating you for your contribution on this thread. Awsome.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
ahh just realized i cant rate you. oh well 5 stars anyway.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
ahh just realized i cant rate you. oh well 5 stars anyway.

Thanks alot mate..it's cool we can agree on a couple things on my random list..hehe

But anyway, rate me???...How do you Rate me?

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But anyway, rate me???...How do you Rate me?
You have to permit them in your profile.

Here's a few from me:

BTTF: 'Earth Angel' - when George McFly finally grows a pair.

Goonies: 'Goonies R Good Enough' - I know the scene itself isn't amazing but I love the way the song plays when you get the kids on their bikes riding through Astoria.

Pretty in Pink: 'Thieves Like Us' - when everyone gets ready for prom.

Electric Dreams: 'Video' / 'The Dream' - the Alcatraz montage / the digital dream.

Actually. There are TONS!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Electric Dreams: 'Video' / 'The Dream' - the Alcatraz montage / the digital dream.
cant say i know this on

quote:
Actually. There are TONS!
lets hear them Logan!! I at least want a chance to agree or shoot them down...surely your favourite has gotta be in Tootsie- SURELY!! Just just just just just just
....dont dont dont dont dont panic.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this topic! I associate so many of my favorite scenes with the music that played.........no matter how obscure the song is even........I may not have seen the movie in 10 years but I can still sing the cheesy song that was in it word for word
[Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'll add a couple more of my favorites just for the hell of it here:

*OK..right off I'll say I'm not even close to being the biggest Tangerine Dream fan. Just not my style of music...But one scene in particular where their style did actually work well was Lana's intro scene in Risky Business. Just the signiture TD sound mixed with the great cinematography seals it as one of the better erotic 80's scenes in my opinion.

"Are you Ready for me, Ralph?"

*Here's a really random one..and my true geekiness will come out to shine on this one.
I've always loved the Tricycle beer chugging race scene in Revenge of the Nerds. It's a funny enough scene on it's own. But the addition of Brian Tochi singing "Daisy Bell" in japanese as part of the soundtrack of the scene just makes it even better.
Come on..Let's all Sing Along!

"Deiji Deiji
Haitte yutte yo"....

[ 19. May 2010, 08:45: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I miss in newer movies.........montages???!!! come on now........thats how we got introduced to so many soundtrack songs back in the day.....one of my favs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCUFY9bgxo]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
i always like the scene in the museum in ferris bueller when the dream academy played the instrumental to 'please please please let me get what i want'.
also body talk by imagination in making the grade.

and of course cry little sister in lost boys previously mentioned.

loved the training montage in no retreat no surrender - awsome.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i always like the scene in the museum in ferris bueller when the dream academy played the instrumental to 'please please please let me get what i want'.
Good choice.

Pyro's named a load. Here's a few more:

Tootsie: 'It Might Be You' - montage (yeah!)

Revenge of the Nerds: 'Are You Ready for the Sex Girls?' - at the party.

Real Genius: 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World' - the popcorn scene! / 'I'm Falling' - montage!

Zapped!: 'Got to Believe in Magic' - the sex scene.

E.T.: 'Flying' - the bike across the sky.

Ghostbusters: 'Magic' - when the ghosts are all let out.

EVERY SCENE FROM EVERY JOHN HUGHES TEEN MOVIE!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stand up and be counted from trick or treat
magic from ghostbusters
lost in the shadows from lost boys
Anything from breakfast club all brill!

Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Tootsie: 'It Might Be You' - montage (yeah!)
the way adam looks at her in that montage, he looks like he really is in love with her.

quote:
Ghostbusters: 'Magic' - when the ghosts are all let out.
i played and replayed this on the ghostbuster LP. I used to play it at higher speeds...little did i realise i was the first techno dj which is exactly what it sounded like sped up - (techno), just 10 yrs too early for everyone else.

'Savin the day' springs to mind now.

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
EVERY SCENE FROM EVERY JOHN HUGHES TEEN MOVIE!
HAHAHA 'quick everyone, i know a short cut', Logan gasps in relief.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
can anyone tell me if AHA had any of their songs released in any movies? What about Duran Duran?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Duran Duran's "Hungry Like a Wolf" was used in the 2002 family movie "Big Fat Liar."

..But I only know that cuz I just watched it the other day with the kids.

And there's also the 2001 comedy "Corky Romano" which features songs from both bands.

Duran Duran's "Reflex" & A-ha's "Take on Me"

[ 19. May 2010, 17:55: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
"Corky Romano" which features songs from both bands.

Duran Duran's "Reflex" & A-ha's "Take on Me"

really? Surely there must be others.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Aye..I'm sure there's a ton more..those are just the only 2 I can think of right now.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
the way adam looks at her in that montage, he looks like he really is in love with her.
Michael? Yeah... there's a genuine tenderness to the scene. Some might say 'schmaltzy', but they'd be completely wrong.

quote:
can anyone tell me if AHA had any of their songs released in any movies? What about Duran Duran?
Well... the easy answer would be 'View to a Kill' and 'The Living Daylights'!
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Real Genius: 'I'm Falling' - montage

I love this one!

Two of my favs are also opening scenes:

The Hunger: 'Bela Lugosi's Dead'/Bauhaus - A chilling opening with Peter Murphy, sex, and violence.

Some Kind Of Wonderful: 'Abuse'/Propaganda - Watts is drumming as the main characters are unveiled.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great scenes have been mentioned.. Valley Girl, RAD, Modern Girls, The Lost Boys, Ghostbusters, SKOW, Risky Business.. etc

Here's a few more:

Breakin' - "Ain't Nobody"

The Heavenly Kid - "Heart of Love"

Better Off Dead - "Like To Get To Know You Well"

Just One of the Guys - "Tonight You're Mine Baby"

Night of the Comet "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

Top Gun - "Take My Breath Away"

Footloose - "I'm Free"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Some Kind Of Wonderful: 'Abuse'/Propaganda - Watts is drumming as the main characters are unveiled.
As far as I know that song is called 'Dr. Mabuse', isn't it?

quote:
Just One of the Guys - "Tonight You're Mine Baby"

Top Gun - "Take My Breath Away"

Footloose - "I'm Free"

Aah... now we're cooking!

quote:
Night of the Comet "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"
Good... except that it's not Cyndi Lauper!
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
As far as I know that song is called 'Dr. Mabuse', isn't it?

Basically, yes. It's the instrumental version of 'Dr. Mabuse', which they called 'Abuse'.

Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat? Good ol' Propaganda. Love those guys!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home