iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » STREETS OF FIRE: Alas, I did not love it! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: STREETS OF FIRE: Alas, I did not love it!
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL at Valley and Helen.

I'm glad you liked the movie, Muffy. Now go forth and spread the word.

BTW, The Blasters rocked my face off in this movie.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
That man woman was the person who REALLY did the dancing in FLASHDANCE. And, yeah, she was a she. Hahaha.

Most definately........

On a Soundtrack note - for those that have the CD.

There's a couple of tracks that are.... different....

There's a track called 'Deeper And Deeper' that I don't recall hearing on the movie, and will need to go and watch again just to see if I can find where it's from.

The other thing that the CD does badly (IMO) is with the track "Countdown To Love'. In the movie, as we all know it's sung acapella on the bus. Well on the CD it's like a studio version, with full instrumentation, and for me certainly isn't as good as the version in the movie.

[ 30. July 2010, 01:00: Message edited by: P a u l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, good point Paul, it would have been nice to have the a capella version of Countdown To Love included on the soundtrack.

I love that Fixx song 'Deeper and Deeper' and I pretty sure it plays at the end credits. I remember thinking to myself, whoa, good tune at the end!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
First of all........Logan I seriously think thats a man!! haha
My radar never fails. Short hair and small chesticles do not a man make. That's 100% a chicky.

quote:
I loved it and I am confused to everyone's totally split reactions??
It's a good movie, but it could've been perfect. Not enough really happens in the movie, and Pare - while being good lookin' - lacks the charisma needed to be the strong, silent type.

I used to really like the movie when I was younger (still do), but it isn't hard to see why this movie didn't do so well in a period that gave us Back to the Future, Gremlins and Ghostbusters. I think it's a valiant but flawed attempt to do something a little different.

quote:
It was beautiful visually from the minute it started to the neon lit rain on the concrete. So art deco/50's/ film noir......even felt like a comic book come alive on screen for how well shots were planned out.....I was wanted to be art director. [Smile]
It is a very nice looking film.

quote:
The music was so unique.......it was sorta slow in parts but still kept me going.
The music always sounded like Meatloaf to me, only when I got older did I understand why. 'Tonight is What it Means to be Young' is terrific... even if Lane is miming it.

Diane Lane never looked better. Her and Willem Dafoe are the standouts of the movie for me (Amy Madigan is good too). I want Dafoe's haircut from the movie. Yes really.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Deeper and Deeper" by The FIXX is the best song on the soundtrack IMO.

I bought this nice Meat Loaf album called "Bad Attitude" (1984) last week
and he actually covers "Nowhere Fast" on the album.

"Bad Attitude" features only two Steinman tracks though.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie I apologize you did show your love for McCoy too! haha I tend to miss stuff [Big Grin] This movie really did stick with me and i've asked a few people if they have seen it and NO! I can't believe it.....oh wait that's right....I hadn't either....thanks for talking so much about it everybody haha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home