iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Dirt Bike Kid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dirt Bike Kid
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone remember this movie with Peter Billingsly? it was filmed around where i live. good movie
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
qtpie5
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1039

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for qtpie5   Email qtpie5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I remember that movie. Wasn't his dirt bike alive or something. That was a good show.

Posts: 21 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
sexymf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1100

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sexymf   Email sexymf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I remember it as well. The only thing i remember though is that the guy had a model of the bike on his computer, which I was very interested in - this was the time I was starting to get interested in computers, which continues to this day. Care to fill me in on what the rest of the movie was about?

Posts: 2 | From: Right here baby | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a film I have in my "OOP not on DVD" video collection. Strangely there's a single film trailer before the film starts, it's for The Wraith...

Jack is really into dirt bikes so manages to get this dirt bike for $50 but it was bought with the groceries money so his mum takes it to a shop to sell it and get $50 back, but as it's magical it escapes and goes home to Jack.
A ruthless (read typical kids movie villan) bank manager, who Jack's mother works for, is set to buy the land his favourite fast food joint is on and raise it to the ground, but with the help of the magical bike they foil the bank manager's plans.
(cue scenes of an 80 or is it 50 cc dirt bike managing to stop a digger in it's tracks...)

It's yer typical mid 80s kids film, smart kids, stupid plot, magical things happening, an incompetant evil villan with a grand scheme, a food fight, people falling in love and the good guys win.
And just to put the cherry on this cake of a movie, the dirt bike moves on to another kid, just like The Littlest Hobo!

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home