iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » One of my Favorites........My Bodyguard (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: One of my Favorites........My Bodyguard
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kevdugp.. you picked three fun movies for your tripleheader yesterday. We've chatted up "My Bodyguard" and "Hiding Out", but "Secret Admirer" is an awesome flick as well.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...it was great...haven't had a tripleheader since before my son was born, so, more than 3 years ago! And enjoyed every single one...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump!

for OneEyedWilly

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently Ricky Linderman is still doin bodyguard work. He just couldn't seem to move on.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Muffy, am reading through it now and then will be watching it tonight straight after...got my pizza and wine waiting.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another of Grusin's underrated musical scores that was never released.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just finished watching it. I wanted to jump into the movie and smack the absolute crap out of Mike when he was bullying lindeman. Lovable and adorable movie about friendship.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bump of this thread. Awesome flick! I need to watch it again soon.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
just finished watching it. I wanted to jump into the movie and smack the absolute crap out of Mike when he was bullying lindeman. Lovable and adorable movie about friendship.

Linderman deserved it. I think it was karma for whackin' his kid brother [Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We love 'My Bodyguard'. My other half's fave part is when Moody's guard Mike says: "I like to earn my money." Had a big Matt crush in the 80's, but didn't like him in this flick-obviously!

Another good quote was when Moody asked Joan if she wanted to go to the movies. She said I guess so and he told her to have a good time!

I plan on making up for lost time today!!

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS-Linderman was Animal in Full Metal Jacket
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote: Originally posted by Bamersy: PS-Linderman was Animal in Full Metal Jacket
Apart from My Bodyguard, my fave role for him is as camp councilor opposite Michael J Fox in the TV movie 'Poison Ivy'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
PS-Linderman was Animal in Full Metal Jacket

"Better him than me"
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote: Originally posted by Bamersy: PS-Linderman was Animal in Full Metal Jacket</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Apart from My Bodyguard, my fave role for him is as camp councilor opposite Michael J Fox in the TV movie 'Poison Ivy'.

Enjoyed him and the rest of the cast in Poison Ivy also. After reading the postings on the topic, am feeling the urge to dig out both vhs tapes. Personally found My Bodyguard somewhat disturbing, after all I was just a young fella, but also thought it was a great flick and for sure needs another viewing.
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Baldwin makes an appearance in the 2008 movie Drillbit Taylor, a similar movie to My Bodyguard about some kids being bullied at school. The kids go through many interviews looking for a bodyguard to hire and Baldwin, who appears to be Linderman, is among the interviewed.
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yesterday I literally said "That chain make you tough?" [Cool]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched My Bodyguard last night on YouTube. I haven’t seen it in a very long time. Muffy’s review is a great description. This movie is great and still holds up today. Does anyone know who any of the other featured extras were, other than obviously Jennifer Beals?
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Joan Cusack was there too. I think lots of the kids were just locals where the movie was shot.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home