iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Summer School (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Summer School
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got the DVD awhile ago..though i still have the VHS that;s in goos working condition.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will always be one of my favorites! anytime of year....I may just watch it soon too [Smile] Loved Harmon and his students. Loved all of it......The horror scene always comes to mind. The sunglasses........I use that trick now to get free stuff, all from this movie!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was one of my favorite movies from the 80's. my friends and i watched all of mark harmons 80's movies.

i remember watching back to back this movie and side out on hbo. those were some good days.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I say how much I love Denise!! Her wise cracking and her outfits, facial expressions.

I dance and sing to Mind Over Matter everytime [Smile]

Bob!!!!!!!!

Totally one of my favorites everytime I watch it......I need to boot a movie of my top 20 and put this one in there.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...for a minute there I thought I clicked into the Grease 2 link and Muffy was like...."top 20"....and I was like "OMG Muffy". Then....realized it was Summer School....all makes sense now! Seen Summer School for the first time only recently.....loved it.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"wondermutt! look, i found bob!" ..(and mark harmon's mouth wasn't moving when this was said ha!)

denise is cool..and pretty. [Smile]

"i'm telling you, you gotta try these poptarts!"

mind over matter is great, and i also like
danny elfman's tune at the beginning and end....awesome.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What I've found out that it is quite cool to watch a movie such as "Summer School" with a diverse group of friends ..

The reason is the fact it draws out all the different aspects that make this film a classic..

One guy seemed to mainly concentrate on the beach scenes almost to the point of asking to analyzing the scenes in slo-mo while at the same time keeping enough concentration to discuss why the McConaughey and Zellweger "The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was somehow the best because of the craziness of McConaughey.

While another individual seemed rather emotional about how she disliked Pam's rudeness because Shoop brought an unannounced guest to dinner and then felt horrible for Pam two minutes later when Freddy rejects her underage advances. Maybe it was because she was conflicted about whether or not to borrow shirtless Shoop's wicked headset and rollerskates while he was in jail. Oh.. and I was kind of shocked when she admitted that she'd never seen "Once Bitten".  Really?.. Hands Off

Yet another person took the approach of throwing back a few brews.. dancing like Willard from "Footloose".. then later inviting everyone to his Miami Vice beach pad to actually watch "Summer School" in the sand next time.

But let's not forget how this one girl got all excited about the new sport of Beach Volleybowl to the point of complaining about all the popcorn stuck in her teeth.  I was personally excited to hear that she still had her teeth .. so those rumors that have been circulating around are apparently false everyone.

But I think I was spending too much time paying attention to this one savy individual pointing out all the fashion accessories throughout the movie including a certain set of earrings I wanna see.  Oh.. and somehow this cute girl with the "Life's an Endless Summer at Shoop's beach house" t-shirt on, admitted that 75 really won't matter.  She told me it's Mark Harmon, do the math! 

The only disappointment of the night was that one of my friends left early because she was expecting to watch "Revenge of the Nerds"  .. so instead she decided to go the "pretend" route and watched "Revenge of the Nerds" as she zonked out from exhaustion. Not the movie.. apparently it was us chatting.

-

In the end, I think we all agreed that "Summer School" was a fun flick and Denise was a major factor despite the fact none of us are interested in riding with her to school anytime soon.  There were also questions about how Mr. Shoop ever graduated college because it appeared he spent most of his college years at concerts such as The Rolling Stones and The Boss.  

-

And the tribute to original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was just wicked cool.

-

My fav part of the night was when everyone started singing and dancing to the E.G. Daily  "Mind Over Matter" montage.. but unfortunately we had to stop early when one of the guys went into contractions with Shawnee Smith's character in the movie.

Friday night was a blast! [Cool]

[ 23. March 2011, 04:54: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice post valley...it definitely was fun
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for along time i thought chainsaw was the guy that started south park.

i wonder why chainsaw's career didnt take off

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there a reason you associated Dean Cameron with South Park?

Cameron was great in "Ski School", but my fav was "Miracle Beach"..

Also, he played Spicoli in the short-lived tv series based on the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High".

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, he played Spicoli in the short-lived tv series based on the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High".
Always wanted to see that. Only ever got to see a couple of little clips. Shame.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home