iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Streets of Fire (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Streets of Fire
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
I've just ordered this, never seen it before. I wonder how many retro points Logan's gonna dock from me [Frown] [Razz]

OK - you must have watched it by now...... need feedback! need feedback!!!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it today, really enjoyed it. What a strange little film, wasn't expecting that. Really stunning to look at and the music was great. I kinda agree with Logan though about Michael Pare. He was the only weakness for me. I can't get Nowhere Fast out of my head aghhh [Mad] [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There'll be no morning for us.. "Streets of Fire" is a flick that gets better everytime you watch it. I can tell it wasn't what you expected, but its unique qualities are a major reason I appreciate it so much. Watch it again in a couple of months and get back to us.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do [Smile] I actually feel like watching it again already, but I'm gonna hold off for at least a month.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Lee Ving as the villain. Also peruse his youtube stuff as frontman of LA punk act Fear.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I actually feel like watching it again already, but I'm gonna hold off for at least a month.

It does kinda get under your skin a bit....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all Streets of Fire lovers!

Check out this great russian fan site and feel the heat:

http://michaelpare.narod.ru/streets_of_fire/Streets_of_fire.htm

Even if we don´t understand the language, there´s
huge imagegallery, screensavers and some cool Michael Pare stuff.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've watched this twice since and loved it more each time. Even Michael Pare's woodeness grows on ya [Razz]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There'll be no morning for us.. I'm stoked that you came back and posted that comment. Some of my favorite movies are the ones that got better on the second and even third viewing...

"Look, I know you're gonna be going places with your music and stuff and... and I'm not the kind of guy to be carrying your guitars along for you. But if you ever need me for something... I'll be there."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It always sticks with me the next day too. I do love a sticker [Smile]

[ 16. May 2010, 07:30: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've watched this twice since and loved it more each time. Even Michael Pare's woodeness grows on ya [Razz]

it sure does. he's clearly "stiff" in this role but it works. his looks must help with that [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you guys stop talking about Michael Pare's "stiff woodeness"!

IT'S FILTHY!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOL  -
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hilarious! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Does anyone else have the HD-DVD version of "Streets of Fire"?

It is something that true fans of the movie would appreciate. The colors are incredibly vibrant and the sound is crystal clear.

Little tidbit.. the opening performance of "Nowhere Fast" is filmed beautifully .. so awesome when you see the spotlight shine on the audience as Ellen Aim's sings.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I feel another watch of this coming on [Big Grin]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Time for a reboot...

"Streets of Fire" is an incredible mixture of music, dialogue, and violence. One of its taglines is "A Rock & Roll Fable." That is a perfect way to describe this combination of the past and fantasy comic book style romance.

-

The second Ellen Aim and the Attackers take the stage you know you are in store for a unique and power adventure.

-

The casting was so on...Michael Pare was outstanding as Tom Cody and Diane Lane embodied the essence of Ellen Aim. But the real fun was Willem Dafoe as wacked out Raven and Amy Madigan as Cody's tough sidekick McCoy.

The soundtrack is magic with tunes like "Nowhere Fast", "I Can Dream About You" and "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young".

But the real kicker for me is the fact I got to see and hear it in HD tonight. The colors popped and the music soared. Reminded me again how special this movie can be when you are in the right mood!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
You know most everyone makes fun of Michael Pare's acting skills, but he just fits Tom Cody's persona for "Streets of Fire".

-

And as Muffy so heatedly mentioned .. the scene with Diane Lane and Michael Pare in the rain is just awesome!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh my god, have ya seen this? WTH  -

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48265/new-promo-trailer-albert-pyuns-road-hell

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought after watching the gruesome torture scenes in mother's day (2010)starring rebecca demornay on wednesday i thought that's the most i've cringed at something i've watched on screen in quite some time,but these gruesome torture scenes pale in comparison to how cringeworthy the trailer (click on to helen_s link above to view) to albert pyuns road to hell is,an unofficial follow up to the classic streets of fire ,boy does it look bad!

i think i'm just going to pretend this movie never happened(bit like i did after i was unfortunate enough to view an american werewolf in paris),after all it is an unofficial sequel,sad really,i know the original flopped at the box office but it's gained a real deserved cult following over the years and it's one of those films i would have loved to seen a follow up to, but done right,not this load of old drivel!

[ 28. October 2011, 11:23: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Helen.. thanks for posting that link, but.. Wow.. that trailer was horrible. I mean it doesn't even give me a 'so bad it's good' vibe. I'm a huge "Streets of Fire" fan as most people know, but like Warrior I just can't support this sequel by what I'm reading about it.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albert Pyun, the auteur of trash, a director who has actually gotten worse as his career has gone on. He makes Uwe Boll look good.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the original soundtrack album of Streets of Fire on LP in near mint condition
last weekend for 0.50 euro.. YAY ! [Big Grin]

,..Tonight is what it means to be young..'

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Listening to Nowhere Fast...loudly of course! I just watched the trailer that Helen posted. I hadn't seen the actual trailer for the movie, but I had read about it. After reading the reviews I became curious and thought, "I must see it." Now, after watching the trailer, I still think I need to watch it, because I need to understand what in the world it is???

The trailer looks very strange but I can't say it looks horrible. I'll watch it first and then decide. I did read other reviews on the gruesome stuff, but is it really that bad? I've seen baaad... I assume Helen has as well?

Anyway, back to Streets Of Fire, I hope to watch pretty soon. I need a Pare fix. [Wink]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That trailer makes me want to headbutt my screen! What the hell is it?!

God's speed Ronnie...

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home