iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Movie Soundtracks (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 80s Movie Soundtracks
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just listened the Phenomena/Creepers soundtrack again.
This is a nice album and a great movie!

Goblin: Sleepwalking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsSkXE5kMM&feature=related

Claudio Simonetti: Phenomena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIk98cCkBdA&feature=PlayList&p=C6DD4C719D9677DC&index=19

-

[ 17. February 2013, 07:58: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just listening Johnny Be Good soundtrack.
This is nice stuff and the movie is awesome and crazy [Smile] [Smile]

Judas Priest: Johnny Be Goode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIXVmcJCWQ

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:01: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love the Firestarter soundtrack.
One of the best Tangerine Dream soundtracks.
And a great movie too!

"Crystal Voice" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuHjZYcKcNY

"Charly The Kid" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72hgAwUZ_ZM&feature=related

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:05: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are my favorite two tracks off the Firestarter soundtrack as well. That, Risky Business and Wavelength are probably the 3 TD scores I listen to the most. That's my go-to music when I'm trying to relax.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I actually need to watch Wavelength again.
It´s a cool and strange flick.

Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers 80's rocked, Never thought of looking on a .RU site [Smile] Downloaded and playing as we speak, Damn its good [Smile]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the music I listen to is either a soundtrack or film scores. Here's a short list of some that I listen to on a regular basis. Some are official releases, others are bootlegs:
The Wraith
Better off Dead
Fletch
Weird Science
The Karate Kid (soundtrack and score)
Back to School (score)
Police Academy (score)
Death Wish 2
Dirty Dancing
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Beverly Hills Cop
Rad
National Lampoons Vacation
Caddyshack
Easy Money (LP)

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booger, does Death Wish 2 have the Herbie Hancocck theme that they play whenever Kersey goes 'out on the prowl'? I love that. They sampled it for "John & Betty's Theme" on the Deep Cover soundtrack too.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Journey. Herbie Han**** and that song are absent from this album. The director Michael Winner got his neighbor to score this film. That neighbor was Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Heavy Metal (1981) soundtrack is another cool one
and once again, a very cool flick.

Don Felder: Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02nAH_oAjeg

If you don´t have this movie or don´t know what it´s about,
check out this awesome opening scene and get the damn dvd [Cool]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0&feature=related

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:08: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Booger:
No, Journey. Herbie Han**** and that song are absent from this album. The director Michael Winner got his neighbor to score this film. That neighbor was Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin.

I was mistaken. The song I was thinking of is called "Shadow in the City" and it is indeed by Jimmy Page. That's an awesome song.

[ 17. September 2009, 20:08: Message edited by: journey ]

Chris Knight
Rewind Curious
Member # 8182

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chris Knight   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also just picked up the Heavy Metal soundtrack a few weeks back and am glad I did - what an awesome lineup!! Still gotta check out the movie...
Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Back to Tangerine Dream.
I love this Miracle Mile soundtrack from 1989.
And yeah, you guessed it, the movie rocks!

"People In The News" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I49uBxcuV44

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:09: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just listened the Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) soundtrack again.
It´s a good pop/dance album with one hard rock song from the band Holland spicing it up.

I remember that the movie is also a good one,
i have the dvd and really should watch it again.

Check out these great songs!

Alex Brown "Come On Shout" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8hWwPI_FI

Rainey "Technique" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhrriJodzI0

Q-FEEL "Dancing in Heaven (Orbital Be-Bop)" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PbkinK12k&feature=related

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:10: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

esmagnus
Master Rewinder
Member # 8099

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for esmagnus   Author's Homepage   Email esmagnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Back to Tangerine Dream.
I love this Miracle Mile soundtrack from 1989.
And yeah, you guessed it, the movie rocks!

"People In The News" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I49uBxcuV44

-

I recently watched this for the first time a few weeks ago. I really liked it too. I work in the building where the movie takes place... on Miracle Mile!
Posts: 171 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Just listened the Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) soundtrack again.
It´s a good pop/dance album with one hard rock song from the band Holland spicing it up.

aTomiK..
i too have that soundtrack and you just made me wanna hear TECHNIQUE haha. good soundtrack and good movie! my 9 year old daughter loves that movie. bought it for her for 5 bucks at best buy!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just listened the Near Dark soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.
It may not be among their best but still very good stuff.

-

[ 17. February 2013, 08:10: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listening to RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD soundtrack, the trioxin theme is awesome!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, I was simply wondering if by any chance you have got the soundtrack for Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives! ?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had the soundtrack for eddie and the cruisers for the first movie cassette until my puppy decided to eat it while i was at work one night years ago thanks for reminding me i never did replace it lol
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
i had the soundtrack for eddie and the cruisers for the first movie cassette until my puppy decided to eat it while i was at work one night years ago thanks for reminding me i never did replace it lol

Buffalo-girl, thank you for your unexpected reply, but I was after a response from aTomiK.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by LoverswithCassie:
aTomiK, I was simply wondering if by any chance you have got the soundtrack for Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives! ?

LoverswithCassie, i´m sorry but i don´t have that soundtrack.
But i´ll keep my eyes open.

eaglebauer valley
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8308

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eaglebauer valley   Email eaglebauer valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
liquid sky
dogs in space

16 candles
forbidden zone
pump up the volume

twin peaks

thrashin
repo man
valley girl
rumble fish

(sure there are others carelessly forgotten)

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wraith
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8310

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Wraith   Email Wraith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some:

Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2
Caddyshack
Cobra
Days Of Thunder (1990)
Footloose
Iron Eagle
Lost Boys
Over The Top
Pretty Woman (1990)
The Wraith
Top Gun

I find Harold Faltermeyer and Giorgio Moroder as the most talented creators of iconic 80's rock sounds bringing into movies. Hans Zimmer is in my opinion an all time composer what comes to scores and also to individual songs (Black Rain's closing Gregg Allman song I'll Be Holding On + The Last Note of Freedom from Days Of Thunder).

Posts: 12 | From: Finland | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
You´re right, Faltermeyer and Moroder ruled the 80s
and Zimmer is the scoremeister!

Very good list too Wraith!
But Pretty Woman?
You need to explain that a little...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home