iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Flicks I Missed: STREETS OF FIRE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s Flicks I Missed: STREETS OF FIRE
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good is a vast under-statement for this one! You're gonna have to buy alot of beer with all these movie nights coming up! Not that you need the beer for these, but drink it anyway!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Streets of Fire is a bit of a trip. A very stylish and dark musical drama with a sharp kinetic pace. Not everybody likes it, and it was a major flop when it came out in 1984. That said, it is definitely worth seeing even if you don't end up liking it. It makes for a great double bill with either Escape from New York or Sin City too.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the movie that reminds you of the two things that are missing from movies today: Great movie posters and great music. Well okay, maybe noty such great music from this movie, but the music is "used" very well and supports the scenes and makes the movie a lot more fun. Definitely a quick, fun ride!
Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched half of this last week...up until my son woke up from this nap...pretty good so far...looking for a chance to finish it....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia! You're breaking laws left right and center!

Streets of Fire is good but unusual. The only film I can think of that even feels slightly like it is 'Trouble in Mind' (even more obscure). I like the film and get nostalgic whenever I watch it, but I always felt (even back then) that it was near-miss rather than a bullseye... which may be why it didn't do so well at the box office.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if any of you are aware of this but, you wouldn't read about it, did you know that this was mostly filmed on a soundstage?
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I do know about this is that the scenes at night were all filmed during the day under huge blackout canvasses strung from the LT tracks,because so many of the cast were under-age and had severe restrictions over how much night-time shooting they could do.

But the music is superb, fits the movie scenes perfectly, and makes for a wonderful hour and a half.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked this one. My boyfriend bought it on dvd for me for my last birthday. I actually have the song "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young' on my MySpace page. [Smile]
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richmondred
Rewind Curious
Member # 8019

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for richmondred   Author's Homepage   Email richmondred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are so right! "Streets of Fire" was AWESOME!! You either love it or hate it...for me, I LOVED IT! Has anyone seen Michael Pere in "The Philadelphia Experiment" or "Eddie and the Cruisers?" He was great in all of them!
Posts: 5 | From: Richmond VA | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm not sure why Michael Pare's career stalled so suddenly. He seemed poised to be a big star and then it just all fell apart. I guess Space Rage was the career killer. He's still very active, but mostly in smaller roles and a lot of B-movie fare. Shame...he really could have been a great leading man.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space Rage !!!!!!!

sorry to add this, but Pare's new film Dark World is so bad, it's good. 3 thumbs up

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home