iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movie - cake and milk dumped into a potted plant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's movie - cake and milk dumped into a potted plant
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already posted this in a previous thread, but I'd figured I'd give my question it's own thread as well:

Hopefully someone can help me name this movie I have been trying to pinpoint for years now. Here are the only details of the scene that I can remember:

Two girls go to visit a next door neighbor that they believe to be a witch, or suspect of some wrongdoing. I believe the reason for the girls' visit is to investigate the goings-on inside the creepy neighbor's house. Upon arrival, the neighbor greets the girls, and offers them some milk and cake. The girls, already suspicious of the neighbor, pretend to eat the cake & milk, but actually deposit it into a nearby potted plant when the neighbor is not looking.

I'm not certain if this is a feature-length movie, or if it was a made-for-TV movie ala the Saturday afternoon special. I am most grateful to anyone who can provide me with a definite answer.

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds to me like Witch's Sister. It was a made-for-TV movie back in the late 70s/early 80s. When I mention it, no one seems to remember it. The two main girls thought that the neighbor Mrs. Tuggle was a witch, and was trying to get the sister of one of the girls into her coven, and they went up to investigate. Of course, I could be wrong.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your help...I wound up doing some research after you posted your suggestion. I discovered that it was, in fact, "The Witch's Sister" which was an episode in the TV series entitled "The Big Blue Marble", that aired in the U.S. from 1979 until the early 1980's.

I've tried for such a long time to determine where this scene is from, and am very appreciative for your help.

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That particular scene was actually one I'd forgotten about until I read your post...You didn't happen to find any DVD info, did you?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
No, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any DVD info on "The Big Blue Marble" series. It's pretty disappointing because I would love to watch "The Witch's Sister" again, since I've practicaly forgotten the entire movie, save the scene that I described above...
pettyfan
Member # 2260

There's a whole series of Witch's Sister books by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home