iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Name a sequel you'd love to see made...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name a sequel you'd love to see made...
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three O'clock High 2 (sadly, Mr. O'Rourke past away last year) [Frown]

Just one of the Guys 2 - love 2 see what buddy has been up to. [Razz]

Say Anything 2 - wonder what happen to those two after high school.

Real Genius 2 - a sequel has been mentioned some time ago, nothing official yet.

Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
History of the World Part III and Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money, as we've been promised.

Back down on planet earth, I suppose I wouldn't have minded seeing "Another Flight of the Navigator" had they been able to put together a passable script. I have always wondered how David turned out from that point, whether he achieved anything of note, whether he got his dream girl Jennifer, etc., and perhaps some way of contrasting how that went with what his life would have been like had he not experienced temporal displacement. Whether he'd meet either Carolyn and/or Farraday again in another setting and whether they'd remember him or somehow find out that they did in a different timeline. And there'd be dozens of possible ways to bring Max back, perhaps with certain consequences of having taken that mind transference. Increasingly I find myself satisfied with stopping a story at the end of the first film, but in this case I do want to know where everything went from the point we left onward.

And I certainly would have enjoyed an Uncle Buck 2 (in fact, I have heard occasional rumors Hughes was considering it before Candy's death ruled it out for good). While many suggestions have been made for sequels to his earlier films, this one would have worked as not just a sequel but indeed a full fledged series because the characters are so endearing you want to know more about them. And there's be so many different avenues to take; if it wouldn't come off as copying the Vacation films, we could easily see the Russells on a trip somewhere. Or perhaps have Cindy's family coming in from Indianapolis to visit (or alternately Chanice's), and focus on Buck's efforts to at least try and make himself presentable to them. Or even continue where we left off with one of the villains out for revenge; I do often wonder whether Bug acted on his threat to sue the entire Russell family into the ground, and with a sympathetic judge and enough evidence, he could have a convincing enough case for a feature plotline. Or simply bring up something else; perhaps Buck fathered a child before he met Chanice, and that would throw a load of wrenches into what he's planning next and reverse everything he's worked so hard for. But I can always dream (sometimes when I watch a bad film that would have fit as a sequel, I visualize the characters are on the screen doing the action instead of the actual players, and it usually makes it more interesting; Joe Pesci and Danny Glover's flat Gone Fishing--to which I've heard Candy was actually attached to at one point earlier--is one prime example. In general this is a practice I also use for other films as well, with any poorly done "threat from space" picture revealing that the threat is the joint work of the Empire and Spaceballs together)

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, nice response!
Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
none movies being remade are dumb this proves my point that new music/tv shows/movies got stupid 11 years ago thsair a few acptions to the music/movie rul;e but this just goes to show how hard up movie producers are hard up for idas to make something thasts already thats bin made that does not work just look at the recent remakes of dukes of hazzard that are stupid by the way
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnG6
Rewind Curious
Member # 7074

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JohnG6   Email JohnG6   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explorers 2
Dune 2 (with the 1984 cast)
Tron 2

Posts: 7 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnG6:
Explorers 2
Dune 2 (with the 1984 cast)
Tron 2

Good ones... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
History of the World Part III and Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money, as we've been promised.

Back down on planet earth, I suppose I wouldn't have minded seeing "Another Flight of the Navigator" had they been able to put together a passable script. I have always wondered how David turned out from that point, whether he achieved anything of note, whether he got his dream girl Jennifer, etc., and perhaps some way of contrasting how that went with what his life would have been like had he not experienced temporal displacement. Whether he'd meet either Carolyn and/or Farraday again in another setting and whether they'd remember him or somehow find out that they did in a different timeline. And there'd be dozens of possible ways to bring Max back, perhaps with certain consequences of having taken that mind transference. Increasingly I find myself satisfied with stopping a story at the end of the first film, but in this case I do want to know where everything went from the point we left onward.

And I certainly would have enjoyed an Uncle Buck 2 (in fact, I have heard occasional rumors Hughes was considering it before Candy's death ruled it out for good). While many suggestions have been made for sequels to his earlier films, this one would have worked as not just a sequel but indeed a full fledged series because the characters are so endearing you want to know more about them. And there's be so many different avenues to take; if it wouldn't come off as copying the Vacation films, we could easily see the Russells on a trip somewhere. Or perhaps have Cindy's family coming in from Indianapolis to visit (or alternately Chanice's), and focus on Buck's efforts to at least try and make himself presentable to them. Or even continue where we left off with one of the villains out for revenge; I do often wonder whether Bug acted on his threat to sue the entire Russell family into the ground, and with a sympathetic judge and enough evidence, he could have a convincing enough case for a feature plotline. Or simply bring up something else; perhaps Buck fathered a child before he met Chanice, and that would throw a load of wrenches into what he's planning next and reverse everything he's worked so hard for. But I can always dream (sometimes when I watch a bad film that would have fit as a sequel, I visualize the characters are on the screen doing the action instead of the actual players, and it usually makes it more interesting; Joe Pesci and Danny Glover's flat Gone Fishing--to which I've heard Candy was actually attached to at one point earlier--is one prime example. In general this is a practice I also use for other films as well, with any poorly done "threat from space" picture revealing that the threat is the joint work of the Empire and Spaceballs together)

Candy,

What about History of the World Part II?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that is what I initially meant; I must have typoed the first part. But then again, why not go for a third after we see whatever the full versions of Hitler on Ice and Jews in Space would look like? Mel could make a great satire about film trilogies and how they more often then not exist only for increased receipts.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to see a sequel to "My Bloody Valentine".

I also always thought they could make a better sequel to "Gremlins" ...I hated "The New Batch-it was so stupid...but that is a movie if they did it right...they could make it awesome.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flanagan
Rewind Curious
Member # 7098

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for flanagan   Email flanagan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Commando!
Posts: 4 | From: omaha | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see The Wraith II.
Not made in 2008, but a lost movie from 1987!

Starring again Charlie Sheen and my super fave Sherilyn Fenn
with new bad guys and all hard rock/aor soundtrack.

How about that?

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:

Liking this one..... [Wink]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

OK... I'm a little dense... Huh? [Confused]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

Another one could have been 1942, or more recently 1493..... [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
quote:

It's a sequel to 1984.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masters of the Universe ... at the end of the film it looks like skeletor was gunna make a come back, they must have never got round to it though... id only have liked a sequal made in the 80's though with dolph still smashin it as He-man and maybe bring She-ra into it!!!!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
They did in fact type up a sequel, but once the franchise's buzz wore off, it got reworked extensively, and was eventually released as Cyborg.
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Cyborg the one with Van Damme in it???
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the breakfast club i would love to know what happened 2 those guys [Smile]
Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home