iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movies you can't get on DVD (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 80's movies you can't get on DVD
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have screwballs on dvd!From some company called platinum media corp. or something
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the VHS I have, that aren't on DVD yet

Hamburger : The Motion Picture
Never Too Young To Die
Enemy Territory
The Night Before

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am hoping the surf film North shore comes out soon but also want Thrashin although this was released under another name as well Skate gang.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:
Am hoping the surf film North shore comes out soon but also want Thrashin although this was released under another name as well Skate gang.

These are both available on DVD at Amazon.com. Both are great movies.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of missing '80s titles, but these in particular are on my short list:

Bad Medicine
Breaking All the Rules
C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud
City Girl
Electric Dreams
Fire with Fire
Firstborn
Flashpoint
Get Crazy
GORP
Howard the Duck
It Takes Two
The Keep
The Legend of Billie Jean
Little Darlings
Meatballs II
Meatballs III
Modern Girls
The Night Before
Oddballs
Out of Bounds
Oxford Blues
Party Camp
Phantasm II
Poison Ivy
Prime Risk
Rad
Screwballs
Seven Minutes in Heaven
Streetwalkin'
Streetwise
Summer Camp Nightmare
Tag: The Assassination Game
3:15
Up the Creek
The Wild Life

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardbodies
Night of the Juggler
The Gate
Heavenly Bodies

What a shame!

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just took a quick look at all the titles that got mentioned here.. and i must say, lots of titles
have actually been released on dvd since the last post.

Night of the Creeps, Hot Moves, Spring Break, Hardbodies, Grandview USA, The Gate, Streetwalkin',
Screwballs, The Night Before, The Final Countdown, High Road to China, They Call Me Bruce,
Ladies & Gentlemen.. The Fabulous Stains, Electric Dreams (on UK dvd only), Vibes, The Last Chase,
and Fire With Fire coming soon on both dvd as well as blu-ray.

But what about Night of the Juggler ??

I mentioned the movie before in another thread, and TNUC mentioned it in the post above me from 2008.

-

I haven't seen this one since the early 90s, but i remember it being a very tense, exciting and
fast-paced thriller.
I can't really understand why it hasn't been released on dvd. According to IMDb it was produced
by Columbia Pictures.. so that means the rights are most likely still with Sony.

Anyone happen to have this on VHS ?

All i could find on Youtube was this short promo clip : www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZNBRQHtiw

This is definitely the movie that is on top of my list that i hope will ever be released again.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike.:

I got both of these a couple years back. Actually ordered them as a pack. It said skategang on the website but when I got the DVD it did say Thrashin' on the cover. It was American region but I got around that.

In case anyone is wondering about problems with DVD players playing certain region code discs, if you buy really cheap DVD players like the basic ones that you might see for like 20-30 bucks they are actually made so cheap that they don't have all that region code stuff inside them so you can play anything on them. I have a good DVD player but have one of these as a back up for those region coded discs that may not be available in your specific region.

Like 80's rocked said they are available on Amazon and that is were I got them [Smile]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny, Night of the Juggler looks great!
Love Brolin in the clip, this guy is on the hunt [Smile]
Never seen the movie and it´s not in the Finnish VHS database.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juggler, besides having the stupidest movie title ever, may be the sleaziest movie Columbia ever released. It is so over the top that it is very entertaining. It is also so violent, dirty looking, sleazy, and racist (Mandy Patinkin as a Hispanic cab driver anyone?) that you will just rub your eyes in disbelief. It's a lost film deserving of a DVD release.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
night of the juggler sounds like my type of film,james brolin's has always been cool in my books,thought he was great in the original amityville and also thought he was excellent in the fun early 80s men on a mission movie high risk.

-

high risk has been released on dvd but the transfer is of really poor quality,i can vouch for this as i have a copy,about time this one got a proper decent dvd release as well.

[ 13. May 2012, 04:12: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Amityville is one of the best and scariest horror movies ever and James Brolin is absolutely fantastic in it.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you guys, the original Amityville rocks!

I recall that we rented High Risk back in ´85-´86 but can´t remember anything about the movie.

High Risk Finnish VHS cover art:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen High Risk too somewhere around '87 i think.

All i can remember is that the guys who are robbing the villa in South America are supposed
to take out a guard, but instead of knocking him unconcious, the guard starts screaming when he
got hit on the head.

I thought that was pretty funny. [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had completely forgotten about "High Risk" until guys brought it up. (That's the beauty of this place--bringing back memories of long-forgotten films.) I saw it in the theatre back in the day because the reviews at the time were all pretty good. It's a good B-movie written and directed by a guy who spent his entire career doing B-movies, Stewart Raffill. He did a lot of good family stuff ("Sea Gypsies" and "The Adventures of the Wilderness Family"), bad family stuff ("Tammy and the T-Rex" and "Mac and Me), good B-films ("Ice Pirates" and "High Risk") and one really good B-film ("The Philadelphia Experiment"). He always struck me as a solid director with a good eye for composition (his family films with nature and animals look very good).

Anyway, "High Risk" is another MIA-on-DVD film from the 80s. I'm stilll amazed that we are over two decades removed from then, and there are still a whole bunch of films that have fallen between the cracks.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombo
Rewinder
Member # 8405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zombo   Email Zombo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see a quality release of "High Risk" on DVD.

Another big one for me is "Ruckus," with Dirk Benedict and Linda Blair. It was similar to the later "First Blood," but less over-the-top, and with a brighter ending. Saw it some 30 years ago, and would love to see it again!

Posts: 32 | From: Monroeville Mall | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ruckus is a cool little film. The dvd was released back in 2000 and goes for big money these days.

Rewind Ruckus thread

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home