iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movies you can't get on DVD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 80's movies you can't get on DVD
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what its worth, THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN has apparrantly been shown on an HDTV station recently. Someone has captured the broadcast and put it up for download on USENET.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MODERN GIRLS
MORGAN STEWART'S COMING HOME
FIRE WITH FIRE
MALIBU BIKINI SHOP
HARDBODIES
MEATBALLS II
MEATBALLS III
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
ENDLESS LOVE
ELECTRIC DREAMS

For the love of God, someone please release these 80's movies these on DVD!

[ 26. February 2008, 11:03: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck (I have a very nice DVD of this from a HDTV broadcast, as well as laserdisc)
Vibes (also DVD from HDTV broadcast)
Rad (have it on laserdisc, missed getting the HDTV broadcast of it a couple of years ago)
Space Raiders
The Keep (have a DVD from a UK tv broadcast but it's 4:3, the widescreen laserdisc is rare as chickens teeth and goes for a bomb when it appears on eBay)
Electric Dreams
Hamburger the motion picture
The Peanutbutter Solution
Frog Dreaming aka The Quest aka The Go-Kids

I thought Damnation Alley was already released on DVD but can't find it anywhere so it's probably not.

[ 22. February 2008, 21:00: Message edited by: The Wizard ]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck has recently been released on DVD The Wizard [Smile] http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3623135/-/Product.html?searchstring=howard+the+duck&searchsource=0
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aruba4me:
Endless Love

This is available in Region 2 if you have a multi region player http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/570209/Endless-Love/Product.html
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I consider myself a huge 80's movie fan, but haven't heard of a lot of the movies listed. Works great...I'll copy them down and start checking them out. Thanks..... Anymore?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantbuymelove
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6677

7 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cantbuymelove   Email cantbuymelove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Havent seen "Wild life" starring Eric Stoltz,Lea Thompson and Chris Penn anywhere!?
Posts: 14 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summerbeach1980
Rewinder
Member # 2066

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for summerbeach1980   Email summerbeach1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is The Last Starfighter on dvd?
anyway,
the legend of billie jean(of course)
catch me if you can

that's all i can think of right now

Posts: 37 | From: ct | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by summerbeach1980:
is The Last Starfighter on dvd?

Yep [Smile]

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Starfighter-Kay-E-Kuter/dp/B00000IQW3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205842510&sr=1-1

HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of you looking for "The LEgend of Billie Jean" (tho I don't know why you would be!) its recently been posted to USENET in HDTV format.

fyi

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Short Round
Rewind Curious
Member # 6778

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Short Round   Email Short Round   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see It Came from Hollywood reissued.

This thread is bringing back some serious memories. THE MIDNIGHT HOUR! I haven't thought about that in decades. I'd love to see that again.

Posts: 1 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well its not quite a 80's movie (1979)I would love to see scavenger hunt
and The Final Option and The Exterminator.

[ 31. March 2008, 23:28: Message edited by: kingcain ]

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Exterminator is on Amazon.com [Smile]
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely need to add "The Night Before" to my list. I've never seen it, but judging by the trailer, it looks like an awesomely fun movie that I could watch over and over. I was very surprised (and disappointed) to learn that this was unavailable on R1 DVD.

also...

The Wild Life
Grandview, U.S.A

I haven't seen either of these, but am curious about both...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phaota
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5699

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Phaota   Author's Homepage   Email Phaota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got RAD and Modern Girls (though the later is a VHS rip in full frame, it still looks great). You can get "Wild Life" (which is also a VHS rip that needs a better edition) and "Modern Girls" from http://www.imlivinginthe80s.com , as well as a bunch of other 80s films. "Hardbodies" is a classic beach comedy. I'm surprised it has come out on DVD yet. The soundtrack songs are near impossible to find. I only have a few. The only available version of "Billie Jean" is the HDTV Rip, which is excellent. It can be bought here: http://www.raredvdclassics.com/thelegendofbilliejeandvd.html .
They also have some other 80s movies too. Hopefully "Electric Dreams" will come out on DVD soon. Amazon already has a page for it. Just put together an extended soundtrack in play order for that classic movie. It was missing 10 songs.

Posts: 18 | From: Waynesboro, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phaota:
Got RAD and Modern Girls (though the later is a VHS rip in full frame, it still looks great). You can get "Wild Life" (which is also a VHS rip that needs a better edition) and "Modern Girls" from http://www.imlivinginthe80s.com , as well as a bunch of other 80s films. "Hardbodies" is a classic beach comedy. I'm surprised it has come out on DVD yet. The soundtrack songs are near impossible to find. I only have a few. The only available version of "Billie Jean" is the HDTV Rip, which is excellent. It can be bought here: http://www.raredvdclassics.com/thelegendofbilliejeandvd.html .
They also have some other 80s movies too. Hopefully "Electric Dreams" will come out on DVD soon. Amazon already has a page for it. Just put together an extended soundtrack in play order for that classic movie. It was missing 10 songs.

Phaota,

I too have posted these sites before. some of the stuff is 'really' good! Here's other websites that have "Electric Dreams" and more:

www.imlivinginthe80s.com - yes it's here...

www.raredvdclassics.com - Vibes (Nick wants this one) Electric Dreams, Billy Jean and others...

www.missedmovies.com - movies from 1940s - 1990s with 90 of them from the 80s...

Some of these are better than others, but all are at least VHS quality. Hey, it's better than nothing. Where else can you find "Student bodies", "The wild life", "Rad", "Modern girls", and one I looked for forever "Thunder Alley"? And many more...

Some good stuff people... [Smile]

[ 14. April 2008, 13:37: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pirate864
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6115

6 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pirate864   Email pirate864       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been looking for 'Wrong Bet' with Van Damme for ages. anyone know if ya can get it anywhere? Pretty sure the movie was about 1989.
Posts: 19 | From: The Black Sea | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 6  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Here it is pirate, under it's other name Lionheart [Smile]

http://www.amazon.com/Lionheart-Jean-Claude-Van-Damme/dp/0783228465/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1208283647&sr=1-1

WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
Where else can you find "Student bodies"

Retail version is available now! The dvd is anamorphic widescreen too!

It looks pretty nice overall [Smile]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of these titles can be purchased at ioffer.com. Of course they are bootlegs, but better than nothing.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatguyinaspeedo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6996

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatguyinaspeedo   Email fatguyinaspeedo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the increadble shrinking woman
the big bet

but............two dvd's are coming out the deserves a stand up salute:

jeckle & hyde together again
student bodies

whooo-hoooooo!

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatguyinaspeedo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6996

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fatguyinaspeedo   Email fatguyinaspeedo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...............oh yea, "hollywood chainsaw hookers" comes out in august!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have The Midnight Hour on DVD. I had a used VHS version that I bought on Amazon.com several years ago. It wasn't long after that I saw it was available on DVD. I think I only paid 20 bucks for it. Haven't seen it in so long, gee I wonder what I will be doing today.....in the rain......

Fire wtih Fire, Legend of Billie Jean, Student Bodies, Hardbodies, and Hamburger the Movie all need releases in the worst way!!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no holds barred,body slam,bad guys
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Final Countdown is a movie I've been looking for ages, especially that WW2 time warp.

Screwballs-With all the porky's worship, why is this not being converted to DVD?

The Joy of Sex- With some of the same actors/actresses appearing in it a year after Valley Girl, it's like a good hangover for those who want to keep some VG spirit mixed with shades of the abovementioned movie.

Nightof the Creeps, Wild Life and legend of billie Jean are just inexcusable non converts to DVD.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home