iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How good was the last 80s movie you watched? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How good was the last 80s movie you watched?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goonies 10/10
Howard the Duck 10/10

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ 10/10 for Howard the Duck!!!!???

Fast Times At Ridgemont High. 8.5/10

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

On this site, some movies are guilty pleasures.

For me, it's like a 6/10.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd push it to a seven, but no more.

Revenge Of The Nerds. 8.5/10

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mollyfan22
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mollyfan22   Email Mollyfan22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait you said Grease 2 was a 1/10??? how can that be? that movie is fabulous
Posts: 15 | From: Portland, Me | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guilty pleasure is SpaceCamp - absolute rubbish but I'd still give it a 9/10.
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loop
Rewind Curious
Member # 5725

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Loop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mollyfan22:
wait you said Grease 2 was a 1/10??? how can that be? that movie is fabulous

Sorry! i think i was just horrified that i still knew all the words.
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Return of the Living Dead- 9/10
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Burbs Uncut
Bright Lights, Big City

I'll give both films 8/10.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michols_99
Rewind Curious
Member # 5747

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for michols_99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
throw momma from the train 09/10
Posts: 3 | From: new jersey | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Secret of My Success - 9/10
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The remake of Cat People (1982):

Overall...I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. The stuff below explains why, if anyone's interested:

Acting & casting: Excellent (Nastassia Kinski, Malcolm McDowell, Ruby Dee, & John Heard played the most wonderful performances.)
Cinematography: Superb
Action: Very, very good
Gory scenes: Made me feel just a bit sick (but otherwise, I could handle it)
S*x / nudity: The final lovemaking scenes were rather sweet (if you consider the relationship between the heroine & her sweetheart Oliver), but the incest elements were, of course, bad with a capital B (cat curses just don't justify it). I'll admit that the scenes with Tessa Richards & the prostitute took it a wee bit far, & I personally think that some of the nudity borders along the line of "semi-gratuitous". But then again, it's probably just me... ^^;;

Overall, not a bad remake, IMO, & a lot better than I thought it would be. [Smile] And if anyone doesn't like it, well, all I can say is that I've seen way worse.

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShoNuff
Rewind Curious
Member # 5751

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ShoNuff   Email ShoNuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fletch 9/10
Posts: 6 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
Goonies 10/10
Howard the Duck 10/10

Howard The Duck is soooo cute! ^_^ I can't believe there's such a bad hype about it...
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight of the Navigator 10/10
Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too believe Howard to be vastly underrated; I'd say around 8.5 or so.

Anyway, lately it was The Man with One Red Shoe (8/10).

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Class Reunion 8/10
How I Got Into College 8/10

Thanks for the Howard support!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weekend at Bernies - 7/10
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jdocster04 here,

"The sure thing" 8/10 I had forgotten how good/funny this movie is.

"Somekind of Wonderful" 8/10 another classic.

Sometimes I miss the 80's... :-(

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
jdocster04 here,

"The sure thing" 8/10 I had forgotten how good/funny this movie is.

"Somekind of Wonderful" 8/10 another classic.

Sometimes I miss the 80's... :-(

Me, too, & I happened to be born at the end of it!
donovanfan
Rewind Curious
Member # 5779

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for donovanfan   Email donovanfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If You Could See What I Hear with Marc Singer. 10/10
Posts: 1 | From: Muscatine, IA, USA | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins 8/10
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thunder Alley 9/10 [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raising Arizona 9.5/10

I agree...I miss the 80's too....

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phatpants
Rewinder
Member # 5784

17 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for phatpants         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trick or Treat 9/10

The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because some of the acting is really bad! Still, a kick-as$ film and worth a look just to see Ozzy Osbourne playing a clean-cut TV evangelist! Sweet! [Cool]

Posts: 42 | From: Encom Mainframe | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home