iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » what is this movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is this movie?
april1982
Rewind Curious
Member # 5425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for april1982   Email april1982   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello guys,

i'm looking for the title of this movie i saw way way back, i think its an 80's movie. I thought its title is "playing for keeps" but as i searched its different form what i saw so i think im wrong. I really want to know the title of this love story movie.

sypnosis of the movie:

the 2 main charcaters(lovers) are currently in senior high school, the girl got pregnant before they even graduated, i remember the scene whr they were taking a prom pic (and the girl has huge preggy belly).. then they got married..the man in the movie was aiming for a scholarship to go to college and then he got in but kept it for himself since he doesnt want to leave his wife and baby girl (name thea or althea i think), but his wife found out and keeps on driving him away so he would go to college and prusue his dreams, but the guy just wont leave coz he was madly deeply inlove w/ the girl, his wife..and through out the whole movie they kept on struggling with their financial problem and love problem coz so many against them etc..

I hope somebody can tell me the title of this movie..I want it so bad. thnx!!

Posts: 2 | From: philippines | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's "For Keeps" with Molly Ringwald i think.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the babys name was "Thea", short for "Theadozia".
The girl left the guy in charge of naming the baby and he named it after his grandmother.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5315

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sonz   Email sonz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for keeps
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
april1982
Rewind Curious
Member # 5425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for april1982   Email april1982   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, u guys are right its "for keeps" i couldve just removed the playing hehe..thnx a lot!
Posts: 2 | From: philippines | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home