iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I got the Pretty In Pink Special Edition DVD today!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I got the Pretty In Pink Special Edition DVD today!!!!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as I had the chance, I ran out to get this and the new Some Kind of Wonderful Special Edition DVD.

Pretty In Pink is great!! It is loaded with extra stuff. I was so psyched to see a Making Of Featurette with old clips and interviews of the cast and John Hughes on the set. It was amazing [Big Grin] !!

I was also surprised to see Molly Ringwald participate in new interviews. She always seemed so standoff-ish when it came to this kind of thing. Andrew McCarthy, Jon Cryer, Annie Potts and even the girl who played Benny did new interviews. I was disappointed that James Spader wasn't involved but there were so many great little stories about the actors and different aspects of the movie that I was just completely enthralled.

On the downside, I was a bit upset to find that the "Original Ending" which we were promised really wasn't included. It was talked about and there were some rough behind the scenes footage but it's not like you could watch it as it was originally filmed. A little misleading on that one Paramount! Thanks [Mad] !

I don't know, overall, I was just so happy to watch this. I love seeing old stuff for the first time. It's like a time capsule and you get to go right back. The other side to this is seeing how all these people turned out and how they look now. It makes you realize that you too, have gotten older and have grown and changed right along with them. Youth is a wonderful thing but being able to look back on it fondly is even better [Smile] ! Go out and get this one guys! You won't be disappointed [Smile] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I saw that this edition was titled "All Duckie" but still does not have the original ending where Duckie ends up with Andie. The test audiences saw it and didn't like it, so they threw it out and refilmed it several months later with Blane getting Andie. Sooooo sad! I guess the original cut has been lost forever.

Incidentally, I'm a big Duckie fan, as my screen name might suggest :-)

Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Maxwell.

Awesome name, awesome movie.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of the first movies I ever processed when I started working in video rental in 1986. Great movie & great soundtrack and everyone used to tell me I looked just like Andrew McCarthy in that movie. Of course that was 20 years ago.

I have to pick up both of those movies very soon.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a box set being released in October that has these two dvds and the Ferris Beuller special edition ('Beuller.... Beuller...') in it.

If you are going to buy online, please use our links to the retailers, so that we can get a little credit for the sale. Links (and a direct support Paypal link for those of you so inclined!) can be found HERE.

- Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not own Pretty in Pink or Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Now I know why. I would much rather have the DVD with all of the clips and stuff. Now if they would only do that for Sixteen Candles I would be in heaven.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I go to Kmart last night to pick up formula for the babies & some other stuff and decide to walk down the DVD aisle. I'm telling myself I'm not going to buy anything because I can just rent it on Netflix. Well I get to the end of the aisle and guess what 2 movies are sitting right there for the low, low price of $9.99 each? That's right Pretty in Pink & Some Kind of Wonderful. Of course I had to buy them so I put them in my cart and go to the check out line.

When I put them on the counter for the cashier to ring up she gets all excited, unfortunately it wasn't because of me as she was a really hot blond and I could have used the boost to my ego, about the movies. She starts telling me how those are 2 of the best 80's movies and how she wishes they would do a special edition of Sixteen Candles. I was gonna ask her if her name was Jessie the Sunflower Goddess but I figured she might think I was trying to flirt with her.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a-shocked to find out they dont show "the Duckie ending". Are you KIDDING me????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kid you not mamamiasweetpeaches! It is a total travesty if you ask me!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I demand satisfaction!

Actually, I have been thinking about FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF a lot lately cuz I havent seen it in about 7 or 8 years....I have PRETTY IN PINK and SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL on VHS, but I think I will do the upgrade and order the set. All of those movies are Big Winners.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, all these years of pining over speceial edition John Hughes movies and no Duckie ending? That's a sham, sooo not fair.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought this one last tuesday too! so I got home to watch the Duckie Ending so when I was watching the "Last Dance" it was only some interviews on how and why they changed the original ending and why It would have not worked. [Roll Eyes]

I mean I'm happy with the extra stuff, altough the Theatrical Trailer wasn't included [Roll Eyes] but considering th title I was expeting to see the original ending.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home