iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » SHOULD SAG RULES ALSO APPLY TO MOVIE TITLES?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SHOULD SAG RULES ALSO APPLY TO MOVIE TITLES?
Abbyegail
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4905

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Abbyegail   Email Abbyegail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are a registered member in the screen actors guild, you are the ONLY person in the guild with YOUR NAME.

So if your register and your name is Susie Smith and you are an actress, then 10 years later if a production assistant named Susie Smith comes along to register in the SAG then she HAS to someone how change her name IE: Susie B. Smith.

No two people in the business can register with the SAG and have the same name.

Don't you think that should apply to movie titles as well?

Like for instance, I was looking for a DVD today. "The In Crowd", but the one I was searching for was made in 1988 about a 60's dance show. What came up when I did a search for the movie? 2000's "The In Crowd" about snotty rich girl psycho.

So, I ask the opinon of others, should movie titles be allowed to repeat themselves? Or should all movies have a different title?

Me? I say GIVE THEM ALL DIFFERENT TITLES!!

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What a great topic. I'll get back to this.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I think the name similarities are funny. Jack Frost is one of the great ones. I think it's funny if someone tries to rent a fun family flick with Micheal Keaton and ends up with horror-palooza.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home