iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Ideal 80s Boyfriend (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ideal 80s Boyfriend
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or are MOST of John Cusacks roles guys youd want to date? I dont know if he just picks good roles or if its the fact its him (meaning if someone else had played the role would we still be attracted to the charactor?) OK...he was a bit much in BETTER OFF DEAD ...but still.....I cant think of any movie of his where I would run screaming. Maybe IDENTITY. Maybe.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So let me get this straight. Out of all the guys from the 80s, you all have narrowed it down to:

Jake Ryan, anything from John Cusack, and Eric Roberts?

classic! [Big Grin]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first saw 16 Candles I was about 14. My major crush in junior high had been a guy named Tim-he was my Jake [Smile] Part of what made 16 Candles so great for me was I could identify with Sam chasing the dream-and she got him!

It was more about finding yourself worthy of the "ideal" than the person being the ideal. Hope that makes sense [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we were talking to little 80's Muffy I would have said Emilio Estevez! I had the biggest crush on him and Jason Bateman. I even wrote to a Emilio Estevez fan club out of the back of a teen magazine and got a signed B&W photo lol it was totally a stamp! yet still I wish I had kept it.....all the kisses rubbed the photo white i'm sure [Wink]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
So let me get this straight. Out of all the guys from the 80s, you all have narrowed it down to:

Jake Ryan, anything from John Cusack, and Eric Roberts?

classic! [Big Grin]

your right - that is funny!!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with BAMERSY . I KNEW a "Jake Ryan" in highschool. He was so beautiful and cool and 'above it all' and it seemed like an Impossible Dream...and I started hanging out with him and we DID end up going out! (The Lesson I tell my daughter is EVERYONE usually keeps away from The Beautiful Ones cuz they think they dont stand a chance, so when you actually let them know you're interested sometimes there can be surpsising success stories!)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is it just me or are MOST of John Cusacks roles guys youd want to date? I dont know if he just picks good roles or if its the fact its him (meaning if someone else had played the role would we still be attracted to the charactor?)
Both probably. He picks characters that are obviously likable, and he looks good (without being too handsome) and seems like someone you'd want to hang out with.

quote:
It was more about finding yourself worthy of the "ideal" than the person being the ideal. Hope that makes sense [Smile]
Shazam. It's all because of the magic.

It makes sense. But dreaming you're worthy of the ideal doesn't really work out that well most of the time. You either are or you aren't. Then again... there's always magic. Shazam.

quote:
I agree with BAMERSY . I KNEW a "Jake Ryan" in highschool. He was so beautiful and cool and 'above it all' and it seemed like an Impossible Dream...and I started hanging out with him and we DID end up going out!
Yeah, but you were a STONE-COLD FOX with great taste in music / movies.

quote:
The Lesson I tell my daughter is EVERYONE usually keeps away from The Beautiful Ones cuz they think they dont stand a chance, so when you actually let them know you're interested sometimes there can be surpsising success stories!
Check: Can't win. Don't try.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I pick Jareth from Labyrinth for his awesome mullet....juggling of hand balls and the obvious [Wink]

-

How did I overlook it as a kid really?....c'mon?

Plus I could go to the ball [Smile]
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy-I love the masquerade ball/dream sequence [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VppuD1St8Ec

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love love love Dance Magic Dance

I have a friend that go back and forth with me on "you remind me of the babe.....what babe?.....the babe with the power.....what power....the power of voo doo...who do?.....you do.....remind me of the babe" haha [Smile]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's not exactly something you can overlook! Even as a wee bairn I could see that Bowie was smuggling a little snack for later!

quote:
Muffy-I love the masquerade ball/dream sequence [Smile]
I think everyone does. A masque ball inside a snow-globe that runs just the right balance of melancholy, romance and fantasy.

quote:
I have a friend that go back and forth with me on "you remind me of the babe.....what babe?.....the babe with the power.....what power....the power of voo doo...who do?.....you do.....remind me of the babe" haha [Smile]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfv1Jx3_PRs
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Logan I had no idea thats what this was from! awesome!
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:

LOL, deary me [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgQaHlWyG4

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Logan I had no idea thats what this was from! awesome!
He stole from the best.

quote:
LOL, deary me [Big Grin]
Fantastic! I wondered how they pulled it off. Now they'd just use CGI.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home