iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Any good fantasy adventures?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any good fantasy adventures??
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hbsjack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"SARWAH...SARWAH FWRIEND?"

This is great! You do realize this could go on for a very long time. I think I'm going to have to go watch it now. I really need to get it on DVD. My tape is all jacked up from being played so many times.

Posts: 33 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sir Didimus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"SSS-MMM-EEEE-LLLL!"
Posts: 31 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sir Didimus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ONE DOOR LEADS TO THE CASTLE AND THE OTHER ONE LEADS TO....DAH, DAH, DAH, CERTAIN DEATH!"
Posts: 31 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hbsjack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"EHHH, IT'S SO STIMULATING BEING YOUR HEAD"
Posts: 33 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
"HERE'S YOUR BUNNY RABBIT. YOU LIKE YOUR LITTLE BUNNY RABBIT, DON'T YA DEAR?

OOOH HERE'S YOUR PANDA SLIPPERS. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LIKE YOUR LITTLE PANDA SLIPPERS!"

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
"YOU'RE HORRIBLE"
"NO I AIN'T. I'M HOGGLE!"

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
"OH NO, THE CLEANERS!!!"
"RUN!!!"

Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
"THANKS FOR NOTHING HOGWART!"
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, HELP? WE ARE HELPING. WE'RE HELPING HANDS"
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
So, have you watched any of the suggested fantasy movies?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Of NIMH
Labyrinth

And best of all...Rock & Rule! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
hbsjack...

I have to say that I think I have seen most of the films everyone has suggested. I just really enjoy that genre. I am a real child at heart and films such as Labyrinth and Willow etc were in the cinema when I was about 7 and 8 so I feel very nostalgic about them. I don't recall Unico or Merlin from your list so I'd like to check them out. I must say that I was having difficulty thinking of the exact quotes from Labyrinth so I watched it last night! So be prepared for some more. I laughed my heart out when Ludo said "SAWAH FRIEND?" Have you ever seen the making of it? It's on the DVD it's amazing how they did it! I mean there is a little woman inside Hoggle and two guys did the part of Ludo.

Sir D

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
The Secret of NIMH was a good one, wasn't it [Smile]
What is "Rock & Rule?

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
Sir Didimus...

I had no idea there were actually people in there! I just figured they were all muppets. That's very cool. I will have to check that out. Does that come with the dvd when you buy the movie? Oh, and I'm prepared for more quotes, so bring it on [Smile]

Btw, the unico movies are great. They are hard to find, though. I found a couple on ebay, but have not purchased them just yet. Merlin was good, I don't know for sure if it's 80's or not. I can't remember who's in it.

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hbsjack:
The Secret of NIMH was a good one, wasn't it [Smile]
What is "Rock & Rule?

There's a page about it on the regulat FR site. You might wanna check that out. [Wink]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
Mouse..

I checked it out. It looks pretty cool:) So, I'm guessing I can't rent that at blockbuster, huh? Have any suggestions on how to watch/buy it...cheap?

Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
hbsjack...

You have to get the "collectors edition" DVD. It is fascinating! It gives a detailed insight into how they made most scenes in the film. Everything is animatronics- hardly anything has been computerised. The studio settings are amazing and huge! I mean there really is a bog of eternal stench!!!! Oh and this freaky thing happened...The designer who initially drew sketches of what Sarah's baby brother would look like, was interviewed. He said he drew sketches of a baby (it even showed these provisional sketches). Then he said after this his wife had a baby and it turned out to look exactly like the sketches so they actually used his baby as Toby. It is mad! Did you know Jennifer Connolly was only 14 in real life when she made the film?
"SEARCH ME... WE'RE JUST THE KNOCKERS!"

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
That's pretty cool about the baby, a little weird, but still cool. I knew Connolly was young in that movie, but I had no idea she was THAT young. I thought she was like, 17, at least. You know how they always cast people who are 5-10 years older than the part they are actually playing. You know, the camera adds 10 pounds but takes off 10 years, theory. I just figured she was older.

"THROUGH DANGERS UNTOLD AND HARDSHIPS UN-NUMBERED..I HAVE FOUGHT MY WAY HERE TO THE CASTLE..BEYOND THE GOBLIN CITY TO TAKE BACK THE CHILD YOU HAVE STOLEN. FOR MY WILL IS AS STRONG AS YOURS..AND MY KINGDOM IS AS GREAT.....DAMN! I CAN NEVER REMEMBER THAT LINE"

Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
"YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!"

That reminds me of that episode of friends when Chandler says.."HOW MANY CAMERAS ARE ACTUALLY ON YOU?"

I have never seen JC in anything else. Seen anygood films recently? I watched The Family Stone the other night I really enjoyed it.

hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
That is one of the funniest lines from Friends. I love when the 'fat monica' dances, it's hilarious! JC has been in a few other good ones...A Beautiful Mind, Dark Water. Other good movies, hmmm? You'll probably be shocked, but I just saw Rudy for the first time about a week ago. Fantastic! I didn't realize I'd been missing out. Haven't seen the Family Stone yet, but plan to. I'm kind of a sap for chic flicks. I saw Just Like Heaven recently and I liked it. 16 Blocks was good. Fever Pitch, really funny. I want to see North Country, but havn't yet. I want to watch Brokback Mountain too, but my fiance won't watch it with me. I think that's a guy thing, something about their great 'Manhood' There is a guy I work with, he and his wife are really into artsy movies and theater and they said it was brilliant. I guess I'll have to check it out for myself...and by myself, lol. Oh, and Wedding Crashers, that was great. Owen and Vince were perfect for the roles.
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
Oh, one other one I just thought of. Remake of an older movie. The Time Machine. Seen it? I thought it was done really well, but it didn't get very good reviews. The whole riddle thing at the end when he figures out why he couldn't use the machine to save his fiances life, it was great.
Sir Didimus
Rewinder
Member # 4701

Rate Member
I have never heard of Rudy, what's that about? I haven't seen Brokeback either but really want to as I LOVE Jake! Have u ever seen The Good Girl? I took my friend's little boy to see Ice age 2 today. They don't make kids movies the way they used to..listen to me, I'm only 26 and I'm talking like my granny. But I really feel that the new animated films lack the magic of their predecessors like Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast etc etc Is the time machine the one with Samantha Mumba in it? Have u ever seen the episode of Sex and the city with Vince Vaughn in it? It's really funny. As far as Friends goes, I absolutely LOVE when fat Monica dances..she always tires herself out, doesn't she?! I love when her and Ross do the "routine" for the New years Eve party! Also I love when she loses the weight and tries to get revenge on Chandler and ends up dropping the knife on his toe- I love when she holds the carrots and tries to look sexy! But favourite episodes are the Ross classics:

The leather pants
The bleached teeth
The tanning machine (one misissippi..)

I also love "The One where Ross finds out".

Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"THANKS FOR NOTHING HOGWART..."

2 cents [Wink] (DAMN! I love that film..)

carry on now...nothing to see here...

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
"OOWWRRR, IT'S HOGGLE. AND DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!"
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
Sir D,

Those are some of the best episodes [Smile] the tanning machine, the carrots, lol, and I love the 'routine' Do you remember the crazy guy that moved in with chandler after Joey moved out for a while, he had the goldfish cracker in the fish tank. Oh, there's just too many. Oh, are you refering to the one where he finds out about chandler and monica? I love when joey pieces it together with the eyelash curler, his expression is priceless. I haven't seen that episode of 'Sex' and I don't know if she was the one in that movie, I only saw it once. It didn't seem like a typical role for her though. Rudy, it's a football movie with a very young Sean Astin. It was really, really moving. Made me cry...happy tears, though. and yes, i've seen the good girl but it has been a long time. You know, I do miss the old kids movies, but even more, I miss the old kids cartoons. They just aren't near as cool as they used to be. I always loved Voltron [Razz]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home