iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Is it just me or.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is it just me or....
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
80'sRocked, there will be some sad folks on here if what you are saying about "Fire With Fire" holds true.

No one as sad as me. [Frown] Like I said, it is one of my favs.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Fire with Fire too....what is weird is that Duncan Gibbins that directed it, actually did die in the California wild fires...isn't that strange that he died in a fire and his movie was titled "Fire with Fire."
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I've been saying it for 5 years now.

Hamburger. Let's see it happen.

Come on now.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I consider myself a huge 80's fan and have approx 150 80's titles on DVD, but have not seen a lot of the movies mentioned: Private School, Fire With Fire, Modern Girls, Where The Boys Are 84, Hardbodies, Endless Love, Night Of The comet, Electric Dreams, etc. I was born in 73' so at 10, 11, 12 years old may have been too young to see some of these? I'll write them down and try to check some of them out......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
xchazx, "Night of the Creeps" is a great addition to the list.

80'sRocked, there will be some sad folks on here if what you are saying about "Fire With Fire" holds true.

http://www.imlivinginthe80s.com/id3.html

http://www.raritiesondvd.com/nightofthecreepsdvd.html

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jdoc, these are DVD-R tranfers right? Not official releases.

I already have Fire with Fire on DVD, burned it from VHS. I was just hoping it would come out as an official release.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I consider myself a huge 80's fan and have approx 150 80's titles on DVD, but have not seen a lot of the movies mentioned: Private School, Fire With Fire, Modern Girls, Where The Boys Are 84, Hardbodies, Endless Love, Night Of The comet, Electric Dreams, etc. I was born in 73' so at 10, 11, 12 years old may have been too young to see some of these? I'll write them down and try to check some of them out......

kevdugp73, you have just struck 80's gold. I highly recommend "Night of the Comet", "Modern Girls", and "Hardbodies" from your list. Please let us know if you score any of these flicks anytime soon.

[ 24. July 2008, 16:08: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do Valley....I usually have pretty good luck finding what I'm looking for.....yard sales, flea markets, etc. I'm pretty sure there's not too many people looking for the movies that I am.....sometimes the movies have just been lying there forever, waiting for me to rescue them....I even bought a top loading VHS player to watch them on. Cheers!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck, Hardbodies, and Hamburger
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Jdoc, these are DVD-R tranfers right? Not official releases.

I already have Fire with Fire on DVD, burned it from VHS. I was just hoping it would come out as an official release.

80'sRocked,

You really need to email the webmaster to find out. Most are VHS transfers, but some are actually DVD releases that were never sold in the USA. [Cool]

I do understand some people do not want to by VHS transfers to DVD, and I appologize to those of you who don't like to see me post these sites, but, if the quality is equal to the original VHS, and, it's still not out on DVD, what's the difference? Some people don't own a VCR anymore and it's just more convenient this way. Like I said, I don't want to cause any strife about this. I just thought it might help somebody...

Another thing, keep an eye on the pay channels like Encore (4 of them) and MGMHD. They show lots of 80s movies that you can DVR and burn to DVD yourself. I hope this helps someone...

[ 25. July 2008, 16:52: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:

Motley, I just never pictured you as a Duckman. I will say that Lea Thompson was like totally 'Hot' in this movie though.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

Originally posted by MotleyRulz:

quote:
Motley, I just never pictured you as a Duckman. I will say that Lea Thompson was like totally 'Hot' in this movie though.

I've never seen Howard the duck... Is it good?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
I've never seen Howard the duck... Is it good?

I never thought it was that great. Very cheesy. Might be worth watching for Lea Thompson with the crimped hair...Very hot!
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hamburger
Howard the Duck
Legend of Billie Jean
The Night Before
Night of the Creeps
Rad
Three for the Road
The Wild Life

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lea Thompson... Always nice!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home