iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » LADY BEWARE (w Diane Lane) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LADY BEWARE (w Diane Lane)
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the cover!I am going to have to see if I actually own this movie. What is so weird about this one is that I got this mixed up with the movie the Drifter (1988)with Kim Delaney. It had a similar story line with creeps and beautiful 80's brunettes. I think I own one of these movies, but it has been so long. They really should make a huge box set of movies that never made it to DVD. If they released an obscure Lane movie like Ladies and Gentlemen the fabulous stains (1982), why the heck wouldn't they release this?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Lady Beware and it´s a pretty good erotic thriller.
Lane gives a good performance and looks stunning. I also liked the other leads Michael Woods and Cotter Smith.

Director Karen Arthur has made mostly tv-movies but did solid job. She wasn´t happy with the re-edits the studio made.
I was surprised to see that this was a Scotti Brothers production. I know them very well because one of the best bands in the world, Survivor, was on their label back in the 80s.

Like warrior said, the film has some problems with pacing and logic but like i said, it´s pretty good stuff.
It´s fun that another window dresser film with a gay character as a co-worker was released also in 1987. This was of course Mannequin.

You can see the Scotti Bros logo on the finnish vhs cover sheet
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually found this to watch on YouTube. Video quality wasn't that great.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually found this to watch on YouTube. Video quality wasn't that great.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. It's a pretty good looking movie, but the copy on YouTube is all washed out. But I guess it's something since this movie is impossible to find.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that's how I had to watch it in the end was on YouTube otherwise I don't think I would have got around to watching it in quite sometime as like Crash mentioned it's pretty scarce with probably only just the odd VHS still doing the rounds!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home