iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » greatest 80's soundtrack?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: greatest 80's soundtrack?
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so which movie from the greatest decade had the greatest soundtrack? do you have a copy? any favourite songs? here are a few of mine -

THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE - stand outs include DARE! and THE TOUCH by Stan Bush (hey, even Dirk Diggler liked that one)

THE LOST BOYS - LOST IN THE SHADOWS. check out the music video on the dvd!

ROCKY IV - HEARTS ON FIRE and NO EASY WAY OUT... magic.

BACK TO THE FUTURE - need you ask?

COBRA - no one likes this movie except me! ANGEL OF THE CITY ROCKS!!

someone else add to this eh? oh, here's a little fact for you - even though the name of the track escapes me, there is a song featured at the end credits of AMERICAN NINJA 2: THE CONFRONTATION; performed by a certain pre-world domination band called GUNS N' ROSES...

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VALLEY GIRL
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raggedyman I am with you on Cobra--I love that movie!! I didn't know that a soundtrack was available for that. Anytime I see a Sly movie from the 80's, his energy makes me feel like I am seeing it for the first time.

Valley Girl definately rocks too!!!! I think that I will listen to that one today!!

I have to say that I love the soundtrack to BEACHES!!!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww beaches so sad!! [Frown]
my all time favourite soundtrack let alone 80's is lost boys!!
anyone who dosen't own it buy it!!!

Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something, a non-80s movie with a spectacular 80s soundtrack: Grosse Pointe Blank. John Cusack plays a hitman who goes back to his 10th year high school reunion, and 80s music is all over the movie. The ultimate best part was when he was fighting a guy with karate in a high school hallway, while Mirror In The Bathroom was playing.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breakin
Breakin 2-Electric Boogaloo
Valley Girl
The Last American Virgin
Fire with Fire
Streets of Fire
Secret Admirer
Caddyshack
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Lost Boys

and I don't know if The Sure Thing released a soundtrack, but I remember it having alot of great songs in the movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS- RaggedyMan- I have the Cobra soundtrack, just because of the song Angel of the City- I LOVE it! I just bought it this past year.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Of The VALLEY GIRL soundtracks!!!

SCARFACE

The Breakfast Club

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love Grosse Pointe Blank. The soundtrack is awesome, I just wish they used a better version of "Let my love open the door"

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have said "both VALLEY GIRL soundtracks" but I thought that was cheating.
BOTH VALLEY GIRL soundtracks.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Top Gun.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Streets Of Fire has a brilliant soundtrack. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Some Kind Of Wonderful yet, so I guess I will. Footloose is pretty good too.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wood have to say perple rain top gun footloose krite kid 3 kirte kid and kirte kid 2 in the this order are the best sound tracks
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Girls Just Want to Have Fun soundtrack.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My faves...
Rad
Jewel of the Nile
Return of the Living Dead

Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl....definitely.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring Break. Where else can you hear a Cheap Trick tune AND Hot Date doing "Do It With You"? Cheese Louise.
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be "Top Gun"where "Ken Loggins"plays with the boys ohhherrrr!.Don't tell Jacko or Jonathan King."Return of the living dead" and "Near Dark"had a great score along with "The Howling 2".
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brode:
Here's something, a non-80s movie with a spectacular 80s soundtrack: Grosse Pointe Blank. John Cusack plays a hitman who goes back to his 10th year high school reunion, and 80s music is all over the movie. The ultimate best part was when he was fighting a guy with karate in a high school hallway, while Mirror In The Bathroom was playing.

totally agree brode!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RonaldMcdonaldMiller
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RonaldMcdonaldMiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purple Rain
Posts: 27 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyinpink
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3998

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for prettyinpink   Email prettyinpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say "The Breakdast Club" & "Footloose" [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 29 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brode,

I couldn't agree more. I love the Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack. "Mirror In The Bathroom" rules. I have it on my latest mix cd along with "Not My Slave" by Oingo Boingo.

Selected lyrics...
"Let me take you to a restaurant that has glass tables you can watch yourself while you are eating."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brode,

I couldn't agree more. I love the Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack. "Mirror In The Bathroom" rules. I have it on my latest mix cd along with "Not My Slave" by Oingo Boingo.

Selected lyrics...
"Let me take you to a restaurant that has glass tables you can watch yourself while you are eating."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home